Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I'm sitting here like a lemon because there's nothing I can do yet. This keyboard is annoying too.
    :teehee: :teehee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    but my picture is on the homepage:woo:
    is that you on the floor? :awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :teehee: :teehee:
    I don't know why that made me lol quite loudly :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    is that you on the floor? :awesome:
    no:p:

if you find some of the video on youtube, you will see my running around taking pictures of everyone:ninja:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    no:p:

if you find some of the video on youtube, you will see my running around taking pictures of everyone:ninja:
    Oh I see what you mean now :awesome::awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see what you mean now :awesome::awesome:
    in fact, i will now be chasing up who put the pictures on that website, seeing as they never had permission to redistribute my photos
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    in fact, i will now be chasing up who put the pictures on that website, seeing as they never had permission to redistribute my photos
    oh dear :sad:. did they pay you?

ReputationRep:
    oh dear :sad:. did they pay you?
    nah, i just went down there with my camera for fun.
    i put the pictures on my facebook, and posted a link to the pics on the group wall.
    i also sent an email to the organisers saying i took photos, and to contact me if they want any copies.

i've heard nothing, they've just put them on their site
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    nah, i just went down there with my camera for fun.
    i put the pictures on my facebook, and posted a link to the pics on the group wall.
    i also sent an email to the organisers saying i took photos, and to contact me if they want any copies.

i've heard nothing, they've just put them on their site
    Can you sue them? :ahee:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Description in his profile :yep:
    That is a little outdated now. With the team here in our office expanding, we've actually change some of the roles around a little bit :p:

I will see if I can get my profile updated sometime soon to let you know more of what I do. But basically, it's now got less of the mod stuff and more working with the developers (like on vB3.8 migration) than I was doing previously.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RK)
    That is a little outdated now. With the team here in our office expanding, we've actually change some of the roles around a little bit :p:

I will see if I can get my profile updated sometime soon to let you know more of what I do. But basically, it's now got less of the mod stuff and more working with the developers (like on vB3.8 migration) than I was doing previously.
    That sounds just as awesome to be honest :awesome:. Definitely sounds like the kind of thing I might want to go into after uni, whether it be with TSR or someone else :p:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    That sounds just as awesome to be honest :awesome:. Definitely sounds like the kind of thing I might want to go into after uni, whether it be with TSR or someone else :p:
    Well keep an eye out to see if we have any more internships coming up, like the one we're advertising at the moment for a start date as soon as possible. We often have one over the summer, though sometimes they are only for the mods, but could be for anyone to apply to.

What people do on them does differ, but there's chance some of it could be partly invovled with the sorts of things I do and even if not, it'd be in the environment where such things are happening.

ReputationRep:
    Can you sue them? :ahee:
    potentially, seeing as they have broken copyright, but i don't want to go that far.
    i will first ask them to link back to the originals (i.e. my flickr and facebook) if no reply, i may demand payment / take it further

hmm, i just had a weird thought, apply to change my tsr username
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RK)
    Well keep an eye out to see if we have any more internships coming up, like the one we're advertising at the moment for a start date as soon as possible. We often have one over the summer, though sometimes they are only for the mods, but could be for anyone to apply to.

What people do on them does differ, but there's chance some of it could be partly invovled with the sorts of things I do and even if not, it'd be in the environment where such things are happening.
    I noticed the current advert, I might've applied if I wasn't stuck at uni :emo:. I'll keep an eye out anyway .
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    potentially, seeing as they have broken copyright, but i don't want to go that far.
    i will first ask them to link back to the originals (i.e. my flickr and facebook) if no reply, i may demand payment / take it further

hmm, i just had a weird thought, apply to change my tsr username
    Because of the obvious link to your real name? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Because of the obvious link to your real name? :holmes:
    urm, not that, its just i use the same username in most places, and i sometimes link to other profiles/sites from each other (i.e. on my facebook, i link to my flickr profile).

i think TSR is the only place i haven't linked to, and as such i can gossip more here.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    urm, not that, its just i use the same username in most places, and i sometimes link to other profiles/sites from each other (i.e. on my facebook, i link to my flickr profile).

i think TSR is the only place i haven't linked to, and as such i can gossip more here.
    Linked or not, people can still just Go.Ogle your name. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Linked or not, people can still just Go.Ogle your name. :holmes:
    which is what i have just done....
    which leads to more gossip,

wikipedia comes up first with my username. i checked the wikipage of where i worked, and noticed a change, from an IP address, and this is their only edit.
    i looked up the IP, which is a BT business IP, which is the IP work use.
    so, in theory, work now know alexsheppard11 wrote a whole wiki article about the place.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    which is what i have just done....
    which leads to more gossip,

wikipedia comes up first with my username. i checked the wikipage of where i worked, and noticed a change, from an IP address, and this is their only edit.
    i looked up the IP, which is a BT business IP, which is the IP work use.
    so, in theory, work now know alexsheppard11 wrote a whole wiki article about the place.
    :teehee: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    talking of more gossip, i was just rung by a number i don't know, googled it and it turns out to be a promotion group in bristol for club nights...

garh, so many people getting hold of me (and potentially reading this)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.