The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

desktop:
I think Alex wins overall. :smile:

I have the best processor and RAM. :awesome:
Mine is good for a non-custom build :ta:
secretmessages
Mine is good for a non-custom build :ta:

You can have the best non-custom build award. Even though you were the only one... :teehee:
spikeymike
You can have the best non-custom build award. Even though you were the only one... :teehee:

That makes me special and unique :grin:
Reply 2545
Oooh, I'm not too late am I?

Offtopic:
secretmessages
That makes me special and unique :grin:

:tongue:
[QUOTE='[Adz]']Oooh, I'm not too late am I?

If that's not a custom build, you're too late. Otherwise, it's fine :p:
:puppyeyes:

2nd best processor and RAM. :dry:
Worst graphics card! :king1:
[QUOTE='[Adz]']Offtopic:
Oh I wouldn't worry about that, there's never any proper topic of discussion in here :p:
spikeymike
:puppyeyes:

2nd best processor and RAM. :dry:
Worst graphics card! :king1:

:hahaha:
secretmessages
:hahaha:

:fyi: You're the mangled up fork. :lol:
Reply 2551
secretmessages
If that's not a custom build, you're too late. Otherwise, it's fine :p:

Custom build FTW!!

I'm planning on modding my case this summer, and when I've got the money I'm going to get an SSD for my primary hard drive so that 5.9 should shoot right up :biggrin:
spikeymike
:fyi: You're the mangled up fork. :lol:

[QUOTE='[Adz]']Custom build FTW!!

I'm planning on modding my case this summer, and when I've got the money I'm going to get an SSD for my primary hard drive so that 5.9 should shoot right up :biggrin:
I've never seen a hard drive rating above 5.9, obviously they must exist but I assume it's quite rare :moon:
[QUOTE='[Adz]']Custom build FTW!!

I'm planning in cutting a window onto my side panel. :holmes: I've seen 1 or 2 sites with a guide to making one, should be interesting.

secretmessages

No **** yeah text?
secretmessages
I've never seen a hard drive rating above 5.9, obviously they must exist but I assume it's quite rare :moon:

SSD or a Western Digital Raptor. :yes: A 7200rpm and 32mb cache HDD should get over 6.0
spikeymike
SSD or a Western Digital Raptor. :yes: A 7200rpm and 32mb cache HDD should get over 6.0

mine is a caviar black and doesnt get over 6

i have another older drive connected, but i presume the index only takes into account the one the OS is currently running on?
Reply 2557
secretmessages

Most people use normal hard drives, and the current fastest is 3Gbit/s which is a theoretical ~300MB/s but nobody ever gets that much. Usually get around 60-70MB/s.
SSD's on the other hand, have next to no latency at all and can sustain constant throughput of over 200MB/s. Once I get a SSD, if my WEI is still at 5.9, I'm gonna be FFFUUUUUU-ing for a year.

spikeymike
I'm planning in cutting a window onto my side panel. :holmes: I've seen 1 or 2 sites with a guide to making one, should be interesting.

Sweet. While you're putting in a side window, you might wanna consider putting a side-intake fan on as well to lower your temps more.
Also, check out the case modding forum over at overclock.net - very useful and inspirational.

alexsheppard11
mine is a caviar black and doesnt get over 6

i have another older drive connected, but i presume the index only takes into account the one the OS is currently running on?

Yep - it says primary hard drive, so it only tests C:
spikeymike
No **** yeah text?

The **** yeah guy is well known amongst us now, and given that I have to obscure half of the text every time I post, unless I'm not doing a whole comic, I don't see the point :no:
I don't understand hard drives at all :sad:. Damn hardware. Software FTW :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending