• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just noticed this thread is in societies :sexface:. Good show :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Just noticed this thread is in societies :sexface:. Good show :teeth:
    :awesome: I just decided to put it here, so it might still be moved. Hopefully not, though - there are soc threads that are far spammier than ours.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :awesome: I just decided to put it here, so it might still be moved. Hopefully not, though - there are soc threads that are far spammier than ours.
    I'll organise a petition if it's moved :p:

The worst thing about this assignment is not understanding the questions

ReputationRep:
    I'll organise a petition if it's moved :p:

The worst thing about this assignment is not understanding the questions
    Which assignment?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Which assignment?
    Graph theory. It can be quite interesting but the terminology is especially confusing sometimes :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Graph theory. It can be quite interesting but the terminology is especially confusing sometimes :sad:
    Bloody hell... that sounds thrilling.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Bloody hell... that sounds thrilling.
    :awesome: Well it can be quite interesting, I like graphs actually, just not proof. I've been staring at this question for ages now and I can't work out what the variable "k" is, and it's an integral part of the proof :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I hate printers. When something screws up, it just sits there, and when you delete the file from the print queue, it just gets stuck as "deleting" FFS.

..and then when I troubleshoot the issue, it fixes it saying "a print job is holding up the rest of the queue" (WELL REALLY!?!?!), but then it starts printing the cancelled document
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I hate printers. When something screws up, it just sits there, and when you delete the file from the print queue, it just gets stuck as "deleting" FFS.

..and then when I troubleshoot the issue, it fixes it saying "a print job is holding up the rest of the queue" (WELL REALLY!?!?!), but then it starts printing the cancelled document
    :lol: :toofunny:

Well that made my morning, I'm going to be late for my lecture at 10, slept in. :facepalm:

Edit:
    Remind me to put that in my profile. :lol:

ReputationRep:

First, what has :shifty: replaced on the smiley panel?

Depends on your printer. I remember there was one where I worked that would sort out deletions in 2s without a problem.
    Then there was my one at home. Christ.

It was an ancient printer (so no 'STFU and reset' button), and everything (e.g. laptops) printed through the desktop computer. However, deletions took of the order of 5 mins, so there wasn't much point. So instinct says to take out the paper. Wrong! It completely fails to delete if you do that. So you turn off the printer. Wrong! When you turn it back on it will start printing thousands of pages of utter crap. So you think '**** this' and turn off the printer and desktop computer (and the computer sending the job if you want), and turn them back on. Wrong! By a miracle of technology, the print job is still there, and the printer keeps on cheerfully printing out garbage.
    The only way to get rid of the job was to turn off every computer connected to that printer on the network along with the printer.
    Because of stupidity of family members, this happened more than you want to think about.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    x
    Euromillion is £113m this friday! :gah:

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/pl...romillions.ftl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/lotterydrawgames/euromillions.ftl
    For The Lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)

Depends on your printer. I remember there was one where I worked that would sort out deletions in 2s without a problem.

It was an ancient printer (so no 'STFU and reset' button), and everything (e.g. laptops) printed through the desktop computer. However, deletions took of the order of 5 mins, so there wasn't much point. So instinct says to take out the paper. Wrong! It completely fails to delete if you do that. So you turn off the printer. Wrong! When you turn it back on it will start printing thousands of pages of utter crap. So you think '**** this' and turn off the printer and desktop computer (and the computer sending the job if you want), and turn them back on. Wrong! By a miracle of technology, the print job is still there, and the printer keeps on cheerfully printing out garbage.
    The only way to get rid of the job was to turn off every computer connected to that printer on the network along with the printer.
    Because of stupidity of family members, this happened more than you want to think about.
    i remember these days
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For The Lose
    :lol: I noticed that too... conincidence much? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Much Mac vs. PC trolling. :facepalm:

Yeah, they are noticeably different.
    This latest batch has removed my faith in people i henceforth give up on all computer users.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :lol: :toofunny:

Well that made my morning, I'm going to be late for my lecture at 10, slept in. :facepalm:

Edit:
    Remind me to put that in my profile. :lol:
    :laugh: Glad to be of service :p:. I just woke up, I didn't sleep at all last night, had a nap from about 10.

Hehehe ahhh .

Not sure what it replaced, perhaps ":woo:"?

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/pl...romillions.ftl
    :yep: I got my ticket!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :yep: I got my ticket!
    Just one? :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just one? :holmes:
    For now :awesome:.

I'm out from 1430 until about 1900 :emo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For now :awesome:.

I hope our project manager has sent those questions for the conference call to Deutsche Bank like I suggested . I took initiative and .. sigh. Anyway, I'll complain in the meeting.

I'm out from 1430 until about 1900
    :emo:
    Wutttt :lolwut:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Wutttt :lolwut:
    Are you wutting at my use of the 24 hour clock :sexface: or the fact that it's aaaaaages :sad:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.