PHD
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    PHD
    PHD? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I have finished my Networking coursework. Now I have about four days to do a group forensics coursework alone. I expect... not much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    I have finished my Networking coursework. Now I have about four days to do a group forensics coursework alone. I expect... not much.
    :pinch: What's the crack with your case then? What you investigating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :pinch: What's the crack with your case then? What you investigating?
    A 4gig HDD, kidnapping of a lecturer. Sounds interesting, I have an extension on the work and he has allowed me to eliminate the internet cache as I am alone. Sounds interesting, I shall be getting my nose stuck in this week providing FTK doesn't play up. If there wasn't CCTV in the lab I would have murdered the PC last week :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    A 4gig HDD, kidnapping of a lecturer. Sounds interesting, I have an extension on the work and he has allowed me to eliminate the internet cache as I am alone. Sounds interesting, I shall be getting my nose stuck in this week providing FTK doesn't play up. If there wasn't CCTV in the lab I would have murdered the PC last week :rofl:
    Interesting! Got a plan of what sort of evidence you're looking for?

Spoiler:
    Show
    And don't you dare say... "Incriminating" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting! Got a plan of what sort of evidence you're looking for?

Spoiler:
    Show
    And don't you dare say... "Incriminating" :p:
    Hahaha, incriminating :p:

In what context? I will be looking at his recent browsing history as I know he has purchased rope online, rented a van and house. So that will be useful. He has emailed someone about the kidnapping and oddly has a spreadsheet of his costings. I am yet to look at anything else.

It best be interesting at the very least unlike the last coursework where the only law broken was a bloody single MP3 file, copyright...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)

In what context? I will be looking at his recent browsing history as I know he has purchased rope online, rented a van and house. So that will be useful. He has emailed someone about the kidnapping and oddly has a spreadsheet of his costings. I am yet to look at anything else.

It best be interesting at the very least unlike the last coursework where the only law broken was a bloody single MP3 file, copyright...
    :rofl: So the kidnapper's either an MP looking to claim on expenses, or an accountant! LMAO

Sounds good :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: So the kidnapper's either an MP looking to claim on expenses, or an accountant! LMAO

Sounds good :awesome:
    Hahahahaha

Imagine that. Expenses: rope, handcuffs, van, house, duck tape :rofl: Kinky party or kidnapping. I actually may throw that into my coursework. It shouldn't matter too much... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    Hahahahaha

Imagine that. Expenses: rope, handcuffs, van, house, duck tape :rofl: Kinky party or kidnapping. I actually may throw that into my coursework. It shouldn't matter too much... :eek3:
    :rofl:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I am worth £1bn :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I am worth £1bn :sexface:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I wish it was real money :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I wish it was real money :emo:
    You wish it was real money!? I was earning £270 a second on my Locomotion game. That would be awesome... if it were real :emo:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    You wish it was real money!? I was earning £270 a second on my Locomotion game. That would be awesome... if it were real :emo:
    :holmes: That doesn't seem much, I'm earning £1000s per second here. I shall overtake your record soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)

Your coursework sounds awesome.:yep: Wish we had this instead of "write this browser in C where 90% of the code is dealing with strings and you aren't allowed to use any existing string functions":rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :holmes: That doesn't seem much, I'm earning £1000s per second here. I shall overtake your record soon
    No... I was working it out on the basis that my company was making about £8.5bn per year in profit. Then divided it by 31557600 to convert that profit into profit per second. :awesome:

[EDIT] On the basis that an in-game day lasts 1 second in real life, that means a profit for 1 second of game time of about £23.3m :awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    No... I was working it out on the basis that my company was making about £8.5bn per year in profit. Then divided it by 31557600 to convert that profit into profit per second. :awesome:
    Oh, in-game time. You put my profit to shame :hand:

As an aside, what's the status on getting the sub-forum names changed? :beard:

[EDIT] On the basis that an in-game day lasts 1 second in real life, that means a profit for 1 second of game time of about £23.3m :awesome:
    What's your secret? :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sub has expired...wutt...

Edit:
    I'm staying out of tech for a few days... :facepalm2: Reboot != Format :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone seen the 'woman get on my horse' thing?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.