The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

secretmessages
I do have priorities, I'm just not keeping to them. I have an entire revision schedule but at the moment the laptop is more important :sexface: (you know what it's like when you want a new toy)

True. :holmes:

Anyway... anyone done Critical Paths before? In the past paper, the minimum duration to complete the project is the critical path - is that possible? :curious:
spikeymike
True. :holmes:

Anyway... anyone done Critical Paths before? In the past paper, the minimum duration to complete the project is the critical path - is that possible? :curious:

Critical paths.. a long long time ago :holmes:. The critical path is always the path of minimum duration, no? The path where lengthening or delaying a task would delay the entire project.
secretmessages
Critical paths.. a long long time ago :holmes:. The critical path is always the path of minimum duration, no? The path where lengthening or delaying a task would delay the entire project.

(i) Calculate the minimum duration of the whole project. Your answer
should show all your working. [10 Marks]

(ii) Identify the critical path. Your answer should show all your working. [5 Marks]

:dontknow:
spikeymike
(i) Calculate the minimum duration of the whole project. Your answer
should show all your working. [10 Marks]

(ii) Identify the critical path. Your answer should show all your working. [5 Marks]

:dontknow:

Well, they're not actually asking the same thing. (i) wants a duration, probably in days, an (ii) wants a list of tasks that, if delayed, would delay the entire project.
secretmessages
Well, they're not actually asking the same thing. (i) wants a duration, probably in days, an (ii) wants a list of tasks that, if delayed, would delay the entire project.

I got (i) - However I think my chart is wrong? OpenProj won't let me put 2 predecessors? :holmes: Tbh I don't see a critical path at the minute.

*See below*
spikeymike
I got (i) - However I think my chart is wrong? OpenProj won't let me put 2 predecessors? :holmes: Tbh I don't see a critical path at the minute.

Is it a PDF? It would be interesting to have a go myself :holmes:
I see, give me a few minutes :holmes:
Ahhh! You can have more than 1 dependency, you use the ; to seperate the dependencies, I was using a comma. :dry:

Edit:

Spoiler

Biggest slack is now E. :fyi:
spikeymike
Ahhh! You can have more than 1 dependency, you use the ; to seperate the dependencies, I was using a comma. :dry:

Edit:

Spoiler

Biggest slack is now E. :fyi:

Is there still an outstanding problem or have you fixed it all?
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU I entered the duration for A wrong. :facepalm2:
spikeymike
What is the critcal path? BEJ ? or is it ADJ?

I don't know if you understand critical path graphs but:

Spoiler

spikeymike
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU I entered the duration for A wrong. :facepalm2:

:dry:
I got it. :ta:
spikeymike
I got it. :ta:

:hand: I had fun anyway
secretmessages
:hand: I had fun anyway

I need a break, that's about 4 hrs of study there. :lolwut:
spikeymike
I need a break, that's about 4 hrs of study there. :lolwut:

OpenTTD :sexface:
secretmessages
OpenTTD :sexface:

PS3. :sexface: Although, I have some chores to do first. :nn:
spikeymike
PS3. :sexface: Although, I have some chores to do first. :nn:

I meant to ask, how possible/easy is it to replace a processor in a laptop?
secretmessages
I meant to ask, how possible/easy is it to replace a processor in a laptop?

In most cases, you can't, it's soldered on. IIRC I can on mine. :sexface:
spikeymike
In most cases, you can't, it's soldered on. IIRC I can on mine. :sexface:

I see :holmes:. Thanks anyway. I think I'll order my laptop tomorrow :teeth::teeth:

Latest

Trending

Trending