Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    You do now. :p: The entire profile's a recent addition actually, did you like it? :sexface:

Not sure about plaintext emailers, I tend not to forget passwords personally. :pierre:
    I thought it was new, I regularly stalk the profiles of society members you see

It's very good. I like Bastet from your Twitter :teehee:

:pierre: I tend not to forget either but it can be difficult when you have a different password for every website and you can't even use a password "system" effectively because some sites moan and go "no more than 12 characters" or "no punctuation"
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Anyone have a set of 3D glasses? :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Anyone have a set of 3D glasses? :holmes:
    Yes, why's that?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    They cancelled my order. *******.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why do I have a sub?! I didn't buy one! :woo:

Investigates. :holmes:

Edit:
    :ms: Member of the month. :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    They cancelled my order. *******.
    Wutt why? Why I am waking up to confusion. :getmecoat:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Wutt why? Why I am waking up to confusion. :getmecoat:
    They won't tell me why. Money has gone from my account and it's going to take days for a refund. Never buying from these clowns again
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They won't tell me why. Money has gone from my account and it's going to take days for a refund. Never buying from these clowns again
    Did you click the 'cancel my order' tab? I know you said it had no URL but it may have cancelled it anyway. :teehee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Did you click the 'cancel my order' tab? I know you said it had no URL but it may have cancelled it anyway. :teehee:
    No.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No.
    :console:

This sub gives me the opportunity to beat your score in the arcade. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=56 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU U

Perfect example...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=56 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU U

Perfect example...
    :shot:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Can someone explain to me in real simple terms what happens if we get a hung parliament? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me in real simple terms what happens if we get a hung parliament? :holmes:
    If no one party has an outright majority (i.e. holds more than 50% of the seats), we have a hung parliament. The incumbent prime minister (i.e. G.Brown) must then go cap in hand to the other parties to request a coalition government to make up the shortfall in seats. This is where 2 or more parties work together to govern the country. If G.Brown can't persuade any of the other parties to join Labour in jointly running the country, then he loses the election and its up to Cameron to form a coalition government.

The problem is, the two (or more) parties that form the coalition government may have different views on certain policies - e.g. if Labour and the Lib Dems were to form a coalition, Labour support the construction of new Nuclear Power, whereas the Lib Dems don't. If the two parties cannot agree, they will find it difficult to produce policy on the issue. If the two parties cannot agree or work together, the coalition may split. If this happens, then the larger party will not have enough seats to govern the country and if another party to replace the smaller one(s) cannot be found, this will spark another general election.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    If no one party has an outright majority (i.e. holds more than 50% of the seats), we have a hung parliament. The incumbent prime minister (i.e. G.Brown) must then go cap in hand to the other parties to request a coalition government to make up the shortfall in seats. This is where 2 or more parties work together to govern the country. If G.Brown can't persuade any of the other parties to join Labour in jointly running the country, then he loses the election and its up to Cameron to form a coalition government.

The problem is, the two (or more) parties that form the coalition government may have different views on certain policies - e.g. if Labour and the Lib Dems were to form a coalition, Labour support the construction of new Nuclear Power, whereas the Lib Dems don't. If the two parties cannot agree, they will find it difficult to produce policy on the issue. If the two parties cannot agree or work together, the coalition may split. If this happens, then the larger party will not have enough seats to govern the country and if another party to replace the smaller one(s) cannot be found, this will spark another general election.
    Thanks :awesome:. So the only way to get back to how we are at the moment, with one party ruling, would be to have another general election?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :awesome:. So the only way to get back to how we are at the moment, with one party ruling, would be to have another general election?
    Correct.
    [EDIT] Well... with enough By-Elections I suppose you could do it, but that would probably involve a lot of MP's resigning, dying or being sent to prison.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Yes, why's that?
    Could you test this for me and see what it looks like? I may have an idea. :holmes:
    Attached Images

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Could you test this for me and see what it looks like? I may have an idea. :holmes:
    Looks cool :awesome: My glasses aren't brilliant but it looks good :yy:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Correct.
    [EDIT] Well... with enough By-Elections I suppose you could do it, but that would probably involve a lot of MP's resigning, dying or being sent to prison.
    I see. There's no lower limit on how long between elections you have to wait?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Looks cool :awesome: My glasses aren't brilliant but it looks good :yy:
    Awesome, so the method works. Now to make the thing itself. :awesome:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.