Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    Have loads and loads of info on AI , what aspect you interested in?

Philosophy side or fuzzy logic etc?
    Philosophy?
    Everything really. I've not done anything on it yet though, so the link spikey sent me looks quite a good starting point.
    Genetic AI sounds particularly interesting.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    I have suggested this.
    However, I assume that the current upgrade means more-or-less everything gets put on hold for a while.
    :yep: I've seen it suggested quite a few times. Obviously not pointing the finger at Vlad, I'm sure he's done/is doing/would do everything possible to make Tech as :awesome: as possible, but it's probably out of his hands even if he wanted it or not.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :yep: I've seen it suggested quite a few times. Obviously not pointing the finger at Vlad, I'm sure he's done/is doing/would do everything possible to make Tech as :awesome: as possible, but it's probably out of his hands even if he wanted it or not.
    I'm sure a bit of this :sexface: to the admins will get it sorted. :ahee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I'm sure a bit of this :sexface: to the admins will get it sorted. :ahee:
    Well done for volunteering :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well done for volunteering :sexface:
    :hand:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :hand:
    This evening I am doing sequence diagrams :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    Philosophy?
    Everything really. I've not done anything on it yet though, so the link spikey sent me looks quite a good starting point.
    Genetic AI sounds particularly interesting.
    Did a fair bit on it last year, its pretty interesting stuff once you get past PROLOG

For philosophy id recommend "The convergence of machine and human nature" by Alexander McClintock

Its a good read for the philosophy side of things.

I liked this interview with Minsky as well
    http://mitpress.mit.edu/e-books/Hal/chap2/two1.html
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The code monkeys for TSR are all paid developers so obviously the Powers That Be™ don't want to waste programmer time = their money. Still, there are extensions that do [solved] tags out there I think, so post-upgrade, it might happen. :woo:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    The code monkeys for TSR are all paid developers so obviously the Powers That Be™ don't want to waste programmer time = their money. Still, there are extensions that do [solved] tags out there I think, so post-upgrade, it might happen. :woo:
    Exactly the same thing is used in the PS help forums, albeit with different tags. Assuming those tags are staying post-upgrade (and I don't think the PS help forums would function very well without them), it wouldn't be hard to implement them here too. Just a case of getting the man power to update them (or, we let the OP change their own tag - but to be honest most wouldn't bother)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bored. What can I do Tech Soc 2.0?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Bored. What can I do Tech Soc 2.0?
    http://continuitygame.com/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dez)
    http://continuitygame.com/
    Cool game, but meh...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Tch, get an Xbox or something. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dez)
    Tch, get an Xbox or something. :p:
    :hand: Got a PS3, but I don't feel like playing it...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone got any tech news? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

Anything that required development has to be run through Brighton, and the dev team already have a dev list that's as big as... well... - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=624906
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Indeed.

Anything that required development has to be run through Brighton, and the dev team already have a dev list that's as big as... well... - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=624906
    Has it been suggested? Or more importantly, what do you think of the idea, regardless of 'implementability'?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Indeed.

Literally run through Brighton? Do we carry a massive [solved] sign around the Old Steine or something? :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dez)
    Literally run through Brighton? Do we carry a massive [solved] sign around the Old Steine or something? :awesome:
    Brighton is like the opposite end of the country for me. :gah:

Wooooo for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :yeah: :party: :thumbsup:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone got any tech news? :holmes:
    Alarm over chip & pin card scam

P.S I'm going to buy a Euromillions ticket. :sexface:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.