Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8685486.stm
    :lolwut:

2 staircases, sweeping back roof, platform on the back...
    that must mean, it can hold around 10 people?!
    It lost me at the word "beautiful".
    I mean...it's a bus?

Edit: oh god it gets worse - "...green heart beating beneath its stylish, swooshing exterior"
    Get a grip man :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    It's just a new shape bus. People are odd.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    2nd exam in just over an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8685486.stm

2 staircases, sweeping back roof, platform on the back...
    that must mean, it can hold around 10 people?!
    They do look rather nice, though I think the money could be spent on the Underground instead. Boris Johnson is such a WUM though.
    "I expect to eventually have hundreds of these on London's roads, and for cities around the globe to be beside themselves with envy for our stunning red emblem of 21st Century London."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    They do look rather nice, though I think the money could be spent on the Underground instead. Boris Johnson is such a WUM though.
    wumwumm...wumwumwummmm.....wwwrr rRRRUUUMMMMM!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :rofl: :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    First post of the day. :hi:

Does anyone know the function of ls -la, I don't understand what the man page is telling me.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    First post of the day. :hi:

Does anyone know the function of ls -la, I don't understand what the man page is telling me.
    "ls" lists the directory contents, so files etc., and the parameters "l" and "a" means it uses the long-listing format (shows more information) and does not ignore files beginning with ".", respectively.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    "ls" lists the directory contents, so files etc., and the parameters "l" and "a" means it uses the long-listing format (shows more information) and does not ignore files beginning with ".", respectively.
    Oh is that what it meant... :ta:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=394333996805

oh mike, something you quoted me on in tech soc 19hours ago, has been removed.
    what was it?:teeth:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Know what I hate? Videos that you can't skip through - you actually have to watch the whole thing through in sequence, waiting for the whole thing to buffer instead of just watching the good bits
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Know what I hate? Videos that you can't skip through - you actually have to watch the whole thing through in sequence, waiting for the whole thing to buffer instead of just watching the good bits
    :rofl:

Rage comic?

ReputationRep:
    Let it buffer in the background and do something else?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wish I had VirtualBox installed...

Guise... if i wanted to to change old.txt to new.txt - would it just be 'rename old.txt new.txt' ?

Rename: man page
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You'd be surprised how hard it is to implement that for Flash video. :holmes:

Wish I had VirtualBox installed...

Guise... if i wanted to to change old.txt to new.txt - would it just be 'rename old.txt new.txt' ?

Rename: man page
    $ mv foo.txt bar.txt always works for me. WRT VirtualBox, why don't you just install one? Actually, why not just SSH into a random Linux box if that's what you need?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dez)
    $ mv foo.txt bar.txt always works for me. WRT VirtualBox, why don't you just install one? Actually, why not just SSH into a random Linux box if that's what you need?
    :holmes: Will look into mv... :ta:

I like to be able to work in Ubuntu and in Windows. :erm: I dual booted at first, but I couldn't get my wireless to work.

What's SSH? Random linux box?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    SSH is basically where you log into a command-line shell remotely. Using a Windows utility like PuTTY, you can access the Linux command line of another computer rather easily.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :holmes: Will look into mv... :ta:

I like to be able to work in Ubuntu and in Windows. :erm: I dual booted at first, but I couldn't get my wireless to work.

What's SSH? Random linux box?
    Protip: Use "cygwin" to get a bash shell in Windows, so you can practice or whatever you want in Windows, but as if you were actually in Unix :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Exams and 3rd year done. A whole month of doing nothing to look forward to :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Exams and 3rd year done. A whole month of doing nothing to look forward to :yep:
    :five:

Once my exams are done... (last one on Friday), I'm going to format my laptop. :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.