Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Done. I coloured the BG gray as well to match the TSR postbit (transparent avatars are verboten), but I can change it back if you'd prefer. :sexface:

how fantastic:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    ah ok, i thought you had finished it

how i miss CCNA:p:
    Nah, I do it as part of my degree. I do Semesters 3 and 4 next year. Then it's CCNA Security :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Nah, I do it as part of my degree. I do Semesters 3 and 4 next year. Then it's CCNA Security :awesome:
    the best thing about our CCNA was Jeff....
    everyone called Jeff is :awesome:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    how fantastic:awesome:
    I prefer the Mandelbrot set TBH. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Post report for Vlad... posting it in here as it's easier to c+p links

One big merge?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1182817
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1173652
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1177361
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1172058
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1173892

On another note, night. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Mike! Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I prefer the Mandelbrot set TBH. :p:
    Mandelbrot = win. :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The lectures are now actually starting be more interesting now alas! Hardware stuff. :sexface: Then it'll be OSs in week 7. :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I have to say i found OS stuff tremendously dull, important but dull!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    I have to say i found OS stuff tremendously dull, important but dull!
    My Operating Systems lecturer is HOPELESS. :mad: It's a dry subject as it is, without her making it worse!

She's not from the UK, so it's hard to understand what she's saying at the best of times. She reads the slides she's made, verbatim, in the most monotone voice, without expanding on any points she makes or giving real world examples. She just tells us to "Read the Tanenbaum" rather than actually give us a decent lecture. Her coursework is unrealistic and she expects us to be satisfied with her teaching.

We've made formal complaints about her and very little has been done, in fact, even if she was removed now, we're still screwed for the finals or her module.

Incidentally, her father died a couple of weeks back and while she was off on compassionate leave, we had a stand-in lecturer who was EXCELLENT. We're currently campaigning to get him to replace her, but I doubt that'll make any difference.

The next few weeks are going to be torturous I think; we're covering security and encryption with her, which will be utterly painful.

ReputationRep:
    My Operating Systems lecturer is HOPELESS. :mad: It's a dry subject as it is, without her making it worse!

She's not from the UK, so it's hard to understand what she's saying at the best of times. She reads the slides she's made, verbatim, in the most monotone voice, without expanding on any points she makes or giving real world examples. She just tells us to "Read the Tanenbaum" rather than actually give us a decent lecture. Her coursework is unrealistic and she expects us to be satisfied with her teaching.

We've made formal complaints about her and very little has been done, in fact, even if she was removed now, we're still screwed for the finals or her module.

Incidentally, her father died a couple of weeks back and while she was off on compassionate leave, we had a stand-in lecturer who was EXCELLENT. We're currently campaigning to get him to replace her, but I doubt that'll make any difference.

The next few weeks are going to be torturous I think; we're covering security and encryption with her, which will be utterly painful.
    you missed this:

ReputationRep:
    you missed this:
    Quite. Edited.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I too have an FFFFFFUUUU moment... I can't create an OLEDB/data adapter, I don't see it in the Toolbox in Visual Studio. The OLEDB option isn't there!

Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I too have an FFFFFFUUUU moment... I can't create an OLEDB/data adapter, I don't see it in the Toolbox in Visual Studio. The OLEDB option isn't there!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    right click in the Toolbox... Choose Items...

tick the relevant box
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    right click in the Toolbox... Choose Items...

tick the relevant box
    Screenshot would be nice... :eek3:

Edit:
    I went to Tools > Choose Toolbox items > ticked all items beginning with O, but they don't appear. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Screenshot would be nice... :eek3:

Edit:
    I went to Tools > Choose Toolbox items > ticked all items beginning with O, but they don't appear. :sad:
    works here:cool:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Sounds similar to my lecturer for OS he was turkish and very hard to understand. His notes consisted of hundreds of pages of dull stuff!

Thankfully this year all my lecturer's are of easy to understand nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    Sounds similar to my lecturer for OS he was turkish and very hard to understand. His notes consisted of hundreds of pages of dull stuff!

Thankfully this year all my lecturer's are of easy to understand nature.
    we have one like that, handwriting doesnt help

ReputationRep:
    I have a few lecturers who I cannot understand and one that sometimes oddly throws in a random word or two of their native language. She also bangs on the table with her hands as light as a feather to try and get the attention of the theatre.

Another lecturer has really odd hands, they distract me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    works here:cool:
    I'll give it another go later... :holmes:

I have no problems with any of my lecturers. :awesome:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.