Next Tuesday and Friday.

:console:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    HDD came!

The guy apologised.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find "Tech Society 2.0" on the list of society's. Is it OK for me to just post here, or is there some kind of bizarre initiation ceremony?

Here are my geek credentials:

I run Windows 7 x64 on my Desktop PC (AMD 955 BE, 4GB DDR3, MSI 79FX-GD70, ASUS 4870 1GB Glaciator, x1 Seagate 7200.12 500GB HDD).
    I've run a home network (albeit small). My server (AMD 240, 2GB DDR2, x1 500GB Seagate 7200.12 500GB HD, x1 Samsung F2 500GB HD, x1 160GB Hitatchi HD) run's Windows Server 2008 R2, and is currently a Domain Controller, DNS Server, a DHCP Server, and a WDS Server. It has in the past been an exchange server, although that was more of a learning exercise. It sometimes run's Debian 5.0 as a VM in Hyper-V, acting as a Squid Web Proxy Cache, although again, that was more of a learning exercise.

I've got two Virtual Private Servers, (Each with 512MB ram, a a Xenon core and 15GB Disk Space). One run's Windows Server 2008 (Just about), and functions as a VPN Server. The other is a testing machine, which run's Debian 5.0 at the moment.

I've had experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS and some SuSE to be more precise), and windows (of course). I create website for customers (mostly running drupal). I can program in PHP Fairly well, and I know some VB.net, C# and C++. I run a computer repair service, although I am focusing on my AS Level's at the moment.

That's all I can be bothered to write at the moment. You probably wont read it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosephRedfern)
    I couldn't find "Tech Society 2.0" on the list of society's. Is it OK for me to just post here, or is there some kind of bizarre initiation ceremony?
    <snip unread stuff :p: >
    You could do some work on the tech wiki articles :teehee:
    Nah, jk

Is 15GB not just a little on the slim side for a VPS? Especially one based on vista?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Evening JosephRedfern :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    You could do some work on the tech wiki articles :teehee:
    Nah, jk

Is 15GB not just a little on the slim side for a VPS? Especially one based on vista?
    The Windows VPS is pushing it a little! But, as it's only acting as a VPN Server it doesn't need much storage space. I'm looking for a beta tester or two, so If you're interested then PM me! It's based in the US, so it will let you watch American TV ^_^

I might have a look at the Wiki articles once I've done my last exam (It's approaching fast!)

(Original post by secretmessages)
    Evening JosephRedfern :hi:
    Hi there, Secretmessages!

ReputationRep:

Here are my geek credentials:

I run Windows 7 x64 on my Desktop PC (AMD 955 BE, 4GB DDR3, MSI 79FX-GD70, ASUS 4870 1GB Glaciator, x1 Seagate 7200.12 500GB HDD).
    I've run a home network (albeit small). My server (AMD 240, 2GB DDR2, x1 500GB Seagate 7200.12 500GB HD, x1 Samsung F2 500GB HD, x1 160GB Hitatchi HD) run's Windows Server 2008 R2, and is currently a Domain Controller, DNS Server, a DHCP Server, and a WDS Server. It has in the past been an exchange server, although that was more of a learning exercise. It sometimes run's Debian 5.0 as a VM in Hyper-V, acting as a Squid Web Proxy Cache, although again, that was more of a learning exercise.

I've got two Virtual Private Servers, (Each with 512MB ram, a a Xenon core and 15GB Disk Space). One run's Windows Server 2008 (Just about), and functions as a VPN Server. The other is a testing machine, which run's Debian 5.0 at the moment.

I've had experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS and some SuSE to be more precise), and windows (of course). I create website for customers (mostly running drupal). I can program in PHP Fairly well, and I know some VB.net, C# and C++. I run a computer repair service, although I am focusing on my AS Level's at the moment.

That's all I can be bothered to write at the moment. You probably wont read it anyway
    Your geek credentials seem in order. :holmes:

Welcome. :sexface: The Society you're looking for is The Technology Society. This is just our second thread, because we're a bunch of spammers very techy people. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)

Welcome. :sexface: The Society you're looking for is The Technology Society. This is just our second thread, because we're a bunch of spammers very techy people. :awesome:
    Ah - Good stuff. I requested to join that earlier.

So, what's everyone's OS of choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)

Fixed. :nutcase:

In other news, I have a SUSE ASudio account. would it be useful for the wiki if I wrote up a wiki page about it as an appendage once I've written the SUSEStudio page (which I plan to do after the Ubuntu page is written up on Friday)?. Also, would it be a good idea to make the individual distro pages answer the same questions?

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** - http://www.archive.org/details/Kinetic_Art_Demo_Video
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Dissapointed, thought it was that Xbox thing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I wonder how long it took to set that up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Fixed. :nutcase:

In other news, I have a SUSE ASudio account. would it be useful for the wiki if I wrote up a wiki page about it as an appendage once I've written the SUSEStudio page (which I plan to do after the Ubuntu page is written up on Friday)?. Also, would it be a good idea to make the individual distro pages answer the same questions?
    I've got an AStudio account too - although I've not used. SuSE Isn't my distro of choice!

ReputationRep:
    Ah - Good stuff. I requested to join that earlier.

So, what's everyone's OS of choice?
    Depends on what I'm doing.

That's excellent.

ReputationRep:
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
    My first international match was ******* AMAZINg.

Creating my blog soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Creating my blog soon!
    Hey giran :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Creating my blog soon!
    i saw your pic
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a book today - "Foundation Rails 2". Anyone here done and Ruby programming - more specifically, ruby on rails?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.