Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I have that "problem", yes, but I don't think it's a problem as such. I'm not sure my old laptop had it either.
    :congrats: on that exam.

I suppose I'll just install a 3rd party software for it.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :congrats: on that exam.

I suppose I'll just install a 3rd party software for it.
    Just do without it :pierre:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just do without it :pierre:
    I need it tbh, I like to know roughly how long it will last, a percentage means **** all to me. I'm testing one just now. :ta: :stuckup:

It seems quite good.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I need it tbh, I like to know roughly how long it will last, a percentage means **** all to me. I'm testing one just now. :ta: :stuckup:

It seems quite good.
    [s]stuckup[/s] doesn't work on TSR :no:

Are you sure it's not a Windows setting rather than something to do with the laptop? Needs a registry tweak perhaps?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    [s]stuckup[/s] doesn't work on TSR :no:

Are you sure it's not a Windows setting rather than something to do with the laptop? Needs a registry tweak perhaps?
    I noticed.

I dunno, I've not seen a solution yet tbh. Have you updated your BIOS? It fixes the flicker when you switch graphics cards. :awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I noticed.

I dunno, I've not seen a solution yet tbh. Have you updated your BIOS? It fixes the flicker when you switch graphics cards. :awesome:
    Probably. Though I've set my graphics card to be on the high performance one all the time
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Probably. Though I've set my graphics card to be on the high performance one all the time
    No wonder you don't get 10hrs. :wink2:

What do use for drawing and etc?

Edit:
    The processor is actually pretty good, boot times are matching my Core 2 Duo Dell. Though my HP is near enough empty in comparison to my Dell. :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    No wonder you don't get 10hrs. :wink2:

What do use for drawing and etc?
    Corel Paint Touch Pro whatever it's called. The one that came with the laptop.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    no, he's obviously talking about an Etch A Sketch
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Corel Paint Touch Pro whatever it's called. The one that came with the laptop.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:
    What does the button on the side of the pen do? And finally, does the opposite end of the point do anything?

I didn't read the manual. :awesome:

My laptop's motherboard is getting repaired. Jes! so expensive :cry:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    What does the button on the side of the pen do? And finally, does the opposite end of the point do anything?

I didn't read the manual. :awesome:
    The button on the side of the pen emulates right click. The opposite end of the pen acts as an eraser in certain circumstances.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The button on the side of the pen emulates right click. The opposite end of the pen acts as an eraser in certain circumstances.
    Just sent HP an email about the battery... I bet I get a **** reply. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    why is delivery so much fffuuu
    https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=37726
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just sent HP an email about the battery... I bet I get a **** reply. :pierre:
    It hardly matters that much tbf Time remaining countdowns aren't exactly the most reliable things in the world, they can go from 6 hours to 5 hours in a matter of seconds if you start multitasking.

I've been napping :proud:

just an opinion guys

I'm having my laptop motherboard repaired and I have a general electric plug thing and not the advent one. The guy is saying I need a new one despite its working fine!! Is he bull****ing me??

It costs £120 for a new motherboard too. I could have saved 20 with PC World .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    why is delivery so much fffuuu
    https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=37726
    How much is delivery?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It hardly matters that much tbf Time remaining countdowns aren't exactly the most reliable things in the world, they can go from 6 hours to 5 hours in a matter of seconds if you start multitasking.

I've been napping :proud:
    It matters to me, it's annoying. Reliable or not I want it, it's a better indication than a %. :pierre:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    just an opinion guys

I'm having my laptop motherboard repaired and I have a general electric plug thing and not the advent one. The guy is saying I need a new one despite its working fine!! Is he bull****ing me??

It costs £120 for a new motherboard too. I could have saved 20 with PC World .
    The plug hole on the laptop for the charger?

£120 for a new motherboard is the price I often hear, it is a rip.

The plug hole on the laptop for the charger?

£120 for a new motherboard is the price I often hear, it is a rip.
    Oh sorry, the actual charger that connects to the mains ... I'm pretty sure I can use the generic one (which I have and seems to work fine) and not have to buy a new ADVENT one?

Is £120 a rip off? They charge £100 at PC World.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.