(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I'm sorry... what?

:rofl:

This is just about forgiveable.

Had it been a 4, though....
    I'd never get the 4 :no: Btw, I still dislike Apple

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10740817
    "The plan was to drop the price eventually to $20 and ultimately to $10, he added."

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10740817
    "The plan was to drop the price eventually to $20 and ultimately to $10, he added."

:lolwut:
    Even if it's really crap, it's worth a punt at that price!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I really hate how they describe it as an "iPad-like touch-screen laptop" as if iPads are already the standard. It is not - it is a tablet computer, it's not hard to understand :dry:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    TBF, most tablets are controlled by a stylus rather than your fingers. So the iPad is pretty much the standard for that at the moment, for better or for worse.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    TBF, most tablets are controlled by a stylus rather than your fingers. So the iPad is pretty much the standard for that at the moment, for better or for worse.
    :pierre:

All the same, the iPad is a brand. There are plenty of finger-controlled tablet computers around nowadays anyway
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :pierre:

All the same, the iPad is a brand. There are plenty of finger-controlled tablet computers around nowadays anyway
    Hush now, iPhone owner. :teehee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Hush now, iPhone owner. :teehee:
    :dry:

Thing is, it's actually a good phone. You can see they've put a lot of thought into usability and the things people would commonly "do wrong" and compensates for them. It's just a shame it's made by Apple. Oh and I'm not one of those people who instead of going "oh I'll just get my phone..." will say "oh I'll just get my iPhone :sexface:" :p:

ReputationRep:
    :dry:

Thing is, it's actually a good phone. You can see they've put a lot of thought into usability and the things people would commonly "do wrong" and compensates for them. It's just a shame it's made by Apple. Oh and I'm not one of those people who instead of going "oh I'll just get my phone..." will say "oh I'll just get my iPhone :sexface:" :p:
    aye, but most people go to it cause its made by apple and has the letter i at the beginning, like a donkey and a carrot
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    aye, but most people go to it cause its made by apple and has the letter i at the beginning, like a donkey and a carrot
    True :p:

I am not like that :proud:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    True :p:

I am not like that :proud:
    I know what you need. :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    iRep app for iPhone. :awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I know what you need. :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    iRep app for iPhone. :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    iNegYou app for iPhone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spoiler:
    Show
    iNegYou app for iPhone.
    That would be included in iRep.

ReputationRep:
    i've been following this:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

but, it will only work for the user that created it... FFUUU

ReputationRep:

A cunning trick...I'm going to remember that.
    I'm also going to think on it.
    One thing worth noting is that you only need one scheduled task - you could set something up to read arguments passed by the shortcut and run a program based on that.
    Just something which saves having to clog your scheduled tasks list.

What's the end intention?

ReputationRep:

Why are you using UAC? it's an archaically awful implementation of root passes from Ubuntu, and it's not really very secure to start with, seeing as now most Windows components in Windows 7 have self elevation. Surely adequate third party protection is the way forward?

I forgive you if you're on Vista BTW, it's actually got a better system, even though it nags too much.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    UAC isn't a bad idea as such, though it won't get in the way of a decent hacker. Then again, a poorly-protected *nix box is an equal target, perhaps even easier than a Windows box. :holmes:

Has to be said, Windows version of ACL (i.e. group permissions) is far more advanced than Unix, whose permissions system I absolutely detest. It's a real shame that file permissions have to be so basic in Unix, the system would be far more versatile if it was a bit more complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    A cunning trick...I'm going to remember that.
    I'm also going to think on it.
    One thing worth noting is that you only need one scheduled task - you could set something up to read arguments passed by the shortcut and run a program based on that.
    Just something which saves having to clog your scheduled tasks list.

What's the end intention?
    running CCleaner for example!:p:

im trying to use it on another desktop that has an ancient epson printer, which will only print if the program is run as admin.
    im trying to get a neat way of opening word/excel, for example, without the UAC prompt.
    at the moment, it will only work on the user that created the task

(Original post by Tathrim)
    Why are you using UAC? it's an archaically awful implementation of root passes from Ubuntu, and it's not really very secure to start with, seeing as now most Windows components in Windows 7 have self elevation. Surely adequate third party protection is the way forward?

I forgive you if you're on Vista BTW, it's actually got a better system, even though it nags too much.
    vista + not my pc

ReputationRep:
    another case of fanboys:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1347556

ReputationRep:
    :heart: :love: :lovedup: :lovedup2: :lovehug: :lovvie:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.