• Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Puma)
    It's caps?
    Indeed. Still shows up in the Who Quoted Me widget :ms:

ReputationRep:
    Today has been a good day for me.

I pass my theory, get into Lancaster (My first choice) and I get my laptop back (finally).

the downside to all this? I've got 2 months of updates to install on 2 different operating systems. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    x
    :fatcontroller:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)

:yy:
    the video is the most amusing part.
    im liking this:

ReputationRep:
    Alex says:
    and my card reader has died FFUUU
    secretmessages - says:
    natwest?
    Alex says:
    compact flash card reader
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    Alex says:
    and my card reader has died FFUUU
    secretmessages - says:
    natwest?
    Alex says:
    compact flash card reader
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what really makes me cross? :mad:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Do you know what really makes me cross? :mad:
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    In other news: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post27129092 :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    :no:
    Firstly, people who, when I tell them that I do a degree in Digital Forensics, say:
    OMG! IS THAT LIKE CSI!?!?
    :nooo:

Secondly, how ******* painful it is to watch CSI and see how bloody awful the depicted procedures are - I don't even do blood and gore forensics and I can appreciate that walking into a crime scene wearing knee-length high heeled boots probably doesn't tick the "preservation of crime-scene" box. And don't get me started on some of the **** they do with digital evidence! :mad:

Oh look, a mobile phone! I'll just turn it on and ring the last dialled number. :woo:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Firstly, people who, when I tell them that I do a degree in Digital Forensics, say:

:nooo:

Secondly, how ******* painful it is to watch CSI and see how bloody awful the depicted procedures are - I don't even do blood and gore forensics and I can appreciate that walking into a crime scene wearing knee-length high heeled boots probably doesn't tick the "preservation of crime-scene" box. And don't get me started on some of the **** they do with digital evidence! :mad:

Oh look, a mobile phone! I'll just turn it on and ring the last dialled number. :woo:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    :rofl:

It annoys me on simple programs like soaps, when their use of technology is completely unrealistic. For example, typing out an email and then they zoom in on someone pressing the 'enter' key to imply it's been sent. What email client allows you to send an email using 'enter'? :lolwut:

:mad2:

ReputationRep:

It annoys me on simple programs like soaps, when their use of technology is completely unrealistic. For example, typing out an email and then they zoom in on someone pressing the 'enter' key to imply it's been sent. What email client allows you to send an email using 'enter'? :lolwut:

something by microsoft?:teeth:

ReputationRep:

Well, on Outlook, you can Ctrl+Enter to send a message. So perhaps we only see what their right hand is doing... their left hand could very well be pressing Ctrl. :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post27144219
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

ReputationRep:
    also:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexshe...7624784282794/
    clouds and rain, not cool :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Nice pics

ReputationRep:
    Nice pics
    have you sorted out that smegging mess with the Uni yet?
    you need to EMAIL HISBEL. you're the only one she'll listen to enough to get us something good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cypher_Aod)
    have you sorted out that smegging mess with the Uni yet?
    you need to EMAIL HISBEL. you're the only one she'll listen to enough to get us something good.
    I take it that you two go to the same Uni, amirite?

EDIT:

(Original post by secretmesseges)
    x
    Also, I have my laptop back in working order (albeit the mobo has two non functional USB ports, leaving me with one overlaoded by two daisied USB hubs ), my parents are celebarating their anniversary tonight and my brother is out of the house for the week, so I'm going to be doing some wiki editing for specific Linux distros when I'm not in the office (internship). Do people think it would be useful to provide a painless guide to dual booting Windows and linux for PCs? Could someone else cover BootCamp on the Mac OS?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.