ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Nice pics
    why thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Do people think it would be useful to provide a painless guide to dual booting Windows and linux for PCs? Could someone else cover BootCamp on the Mac OS?
    I don't see the point writing any sort of guide for TSR, no one around here gives a **** tbh - no one bothers to read anything, people just dive straight into posting.

Feel free to write something however, thats just my thoughts of TSR.

Edit:
    Sorry, thought you were going to write one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I don't see the point writing any sort of guide for TSR, no one around here gives a **** tbh - no one bothers to read anything, people just dive straight into posting.

here is the guide

1) download and install wubi from here http://wubi-installer.org/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    here is the guide

1) download and install wubi from here http://wubi-installer.org/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cypher_Aod)
    have you sorted out that smegging mess with the Uni yet?
    you need to EMAIL HISBEL. you're the only one she'll listen to enough to get us something good.
    It sounds like she's already made her mind up, tbh. I haven't got time this morning, but I'll ring her tomorrow about it.

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    Sorry, thought you were going to write one.
    Disagree, actually. Writing content for the wiki, in the form of a guide etc.; you'll get some people that will actually look at the wiki in the first place, but for those who (are too stupid enough to look for themselves...) fire away and post a thread, we can answer the thread quickly, using a link to the article. Job done.

So it is worthwhile, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree, actually. Writing content for the wiki, in the form of a guide etc.; you'll get some people that will actually look at the wiki in the first place, but for those who (are too stupid enough to look for themselves...) fire away and post a thread, we can answer the thread quickly, using a link to the article. Job done.

Okies, I'll get on to it once I've completed the necessary OS guides.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Who's we? The regular contributers to this soc use to post regularly in Tech and contributed to the Wiki in some way - but we all just about post literally nothing in Tech now.

The tech soc regulars were basically the only ones that were aware about the wiki and posted the links in threads. No one else will link to them.

ReputationRep:
    Who's we? The regular contributers to this soc use to post regularly in Tech and contributed to the Wiki and some way - but we all just about post literally nothing in Tech now.

The tech soc regulars were basically the only ones that were aware about the wiki and posted the links in threads. No one else will link to them.
    Sadly i agree.
    I hardly look at new threads in tech now, i only look at ones where people have posted since me.
    I also agree about linking to the threads. Only people that know about them, link to them. others just ramble on about, download this, boot in safe mode, do this etc
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    Sadly i agree.
    I hardly look at new threads in tech now, i only look at ones where people have posted since me.
    I also agree about linking to the threads. Only people that know about them, link to them. others just ramble on about, download this, boot in safe mode, do this etc
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Sadly i agree.
    Well, is there any way we could use advertising space t make non-subs/unrtegistered users aware of the Tech wiki? (In tech and computing forum only, of course.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Well, is there any way we could use advertising space t make non-subs/unrtegistered users aware of the Tech wiki? (In tech and computing forum only, of course.)
    Acumen PI aren't going to allow that.

ReputationRep:
    what's the 1st word?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    what's the 1st word?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA

Clever, eh? :sexface:

tl;dr: The word is displayed along with a control word already known. The system assumes that if the human types the control word correctly, the questionable word is also correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA

Clever, eh? :sexface:

tl;dr: The word is displayed along with a control word already known. The system assumes that if the human types the control word correctly, the questionable word is also correct.
    oh dear, you fail:ninja:
    i know what captcha is, but look at the first word
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    oh dear, you fail:ninja:
    i know what captcha is, but look at the first word
    How do I fail? I was not explaining what a CAPTCHA is The point of ReCAPTCHA is that only one of the two words needs to be legible, hence why sometimes you get complete nonsense You fail, bro :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    How do I fail? I was not explaining what a CAPTCHA is The point of ReCAPTCHA is that only one of the two words needs to be legible, hence why sometimes you get complete nonsense You fail, bro :ninja2:
    the point was i couldn't complete it
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    the point was i couldn't complete it
    The point is, you just type in whatever you want as the first word and then as long as you get the second word right, it lets you through. Did you even read the link I gave you?

ReputationRep:
    The point is, you just type in whatever you want as the first word and then as long as you get the second word right, it lets you through. Did you even read the link I gave you?
    nah mate:awesome:
    i thought it was the other way around?!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post27188207

Thoughts? (yes, I know it's a double link, but the discussion is relevant to the gaming sub-section.

Also, what do you think about my 'solution' to the Tech wiki problem (see sig)? or is the font too big?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.