The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:rofl: "It's a small world".
Chrosson
That has made my day :rofl:

As an aside, flash beta for iphone?! http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/09/iphone_flash/
ZOMG PROGRESS!

They've done well. I bet Steve Jobs was sat at his desk when some aide walks in to inform him that someone's managed to hack the iPhone so that it has Flash on it. Flailing in fury, Jobs then throws everything off his desk and proceeds to strangulate the aide with the power lead for his Macbook...

APPLE AIDE COMMITS SUICIDE
Cupertino, CA
Another Apple employee committed suicide yesterday...
Reply 7402
Mad Vlad
They've done well. I bet Steve Jobs was sat at his desk when some aide walks in to inform him that someone's managed to hack the iPhone so that it has Flash on it. Flailing in fury, Jobs then throws everything off his desk and proceeds to strangulate the aide with the power lead for his Macbook...

... but fails becasue he realises the magsafe lead was actually designed to prevent strangulation and not electrocution.

I know, bit of a buzzkill. :smartass:
secretmessages

:lolwut:
secretmessages

Omg yeah.
Reminds me of a time when I had to relate microsoft measurements (including 'twips' :colonhash:) to real life.
Not my greatest moment.
secretmessages

:laugh:
Anyone who wants more lulz should look no further than this somewhat uninformed individual: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27463627#post27463627 and the ensuing discussion.
Mad Vlad
Anyone who wants more lulz should look no further than this somewhat uninformed individual: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27463627#post27463627 and the ensuing discussion.

Saddest part about that thread is the OP completely ignoring all advice and listening to a salesperson :no:
Chrosson
Saddest part about that thread is the OP completely ignoring all advice and listening to a salesperson :no:

I've developed a remarkable amount of nonchalant apathy to some of the cretins that drop in, particularly to the Laptops and Netbooks forum, over the past few years. You may have noticed me spamming the "Do I Need A Laptop At Uni?" article - people are just so stupid, though. It really hacks me off, especially with threads like this: http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1397175

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
Mad Vlad
I've developed a remarkable amount of nonchalant apathy to some of the cretins that drop in, particularly to the Laptops and Netbooks forum, over the past few years. You may have noticed me spamming the "Do I Need A Laptop At Uni?" article - people are just so stupid, though. It really hacks me off, especially with threads like this: http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1397175

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

i believe the fanboys sit there refreshing their screens, until a thread title has mac in it, then they all pounce...
alexsheppard11
i believe the fanboys sit there refreshing their screens, until a thread title has mac in it, then they all pounce...

Especially the baby fetishist.
Mad Vlad

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Holy what. Infestation.
£700 for word processing and internet :facepalm:
*gnashes teeth*

BTW, your wiki links keep on breaking

Mad Vlad
Especially the baby fetishist.

The baby fetishist at least appears to have a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour in that thread.
At least I hope it's not serious :sigh:
Toshiba laptop:
Intel Core i3 Intel dual core i3-330M 2.13GHz processor speed
3MB cache
4GB DDR3 RAM
320GB HDD
15.6in, 1366 x 768
Dedicated Intel GMA with 1274MB memory (lol)

for £410 inc p+p
thoughts?
Already purchased (hence no laptop thread), but wondered what your opinions are.
Reply 7414
Chrosson
Toshiba laptop:
Intel Core i3 Intel dual core i3-330M 2.13GHz processor speed
3MB cache
4GB DDR3 RAM
320GB HDD
15.6in, 1366 x 768
Dedicated Intel GMA with 1274MB memory (lol)

for £410 inc p+p
thoughts?
Already purchased (hence no laptop thread), but wondered what your opinions are.

for a laptop, that isn't too bad, to be honest, seems comparable to the Toshibas that spikey has on the buying thread (though without the dedicated GFX spikey has, which isn't a bad thing from experience), so for the price it isn't bad.
Windows movie maker: 100% cpu for 30 mins.
Size of movie so far: 6KB
Chrosson: :lolwut: "cancel plz"
Windows movie makes: 100% cpu for another 30 mins for cancelling.
Chrosson: :mad: :fuhrer: :angry:

Tathrim
for a laptop, that isn't too bad, to be honest, seems comparable to the Toshibas that spikey has on the buying thread (though without the dedicated GFX spikey has, which isn't a bad thing from experience), so for the price it isn't bad.

Ah yeah, they are very good.
I specifically didn't want a dedicated gfx though because it just means more games available to play = distraction :smile:
Reply 7416
Chrosson

Would you like a Graphics card with your movie, sir? :pierre:
Tathrim
Would you like a Graphics card with your movie, sir? :pierre:

Heh, to be fair, my current computer is old.
And WMM can take advantage of graphics cards? Or am I misreading?
Chrosson
Holy what. Infestation.
£700 for word processing and internet :facepalm:
*gnashes teeth*

BTW, your wiki links keep on breaking

The baby fetishist at least appears to have a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour in that thread.
At least I hope it's not serious :sigh:

I know... it's like the Steve Jobs convention tour bus has just pulled in. :lolwut:

Fixed the links. vBulletin seems to like parsing emoticons here and there where it feels like it. Just including noparse tags now.

Oh no, the baby fetishist is serious. He worships at the altar of the holy Prophet. He actually jizzes in his pants when he gets the opportunity to "whip it out".
Chrosson

:teehee: That's pretty comical.

Latest

Trending

Trending