PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Anyone done GUI programming before? :holmes:
    A little :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Morning all.

So recently I've started learning Objective-C, i.e. iPhone programming. It's a very bizzare language (coming from C++), though it's starting to make sense. Might actually be able to program something for the magical & revolutionary iPhone soon. :p:
    You have a mac?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    You have a mac?
    I have access to a Mac. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I have access to a Mac. :p:
    Ditto, but no iPhone sdk installed for me
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Ditto, but no iPhone sdk installed for me
    XCode is free to download from Apple's website, though you have to faff around a lot as they're rather keen to sell you a developer's license (£60, which you need to submit apps but not to program them).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    :zomg:

I'm waiting for Google MindReader(tm)

[EDIT] It's enabled on my account :sexface:
    [EDIT] Google instant... I mean.

ReputationRep:
    google:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :zomg:

I'm waiting for Google MindReader(tm)

[EDIT] It's enabled on my account :sexface:
    [EDIT] Google instant... I mean.
    every letter you type, more bandwidth and page loads!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    XCode is free to download from Apple's website, though you have to faff around a lot as they're rather keen to sell you a developer's license (£60, which you need to submit apps but not to program them).
    Yeah, I can probably find some way to get xcode and the sdk without £60 :mmm:
    The problem is I don't have admin access on the mac.
    That said, I'm attempting to sort out a hackintosh atm.
    Success thus far is limited :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    That will play merry hell with their statistics if people aren't actually pressing search any more.
    I wonder how they'll sort that out.

ReputationRep:
    **** me I now officially hate windows movie maker. All I want to do is stick together about 50 5 min videos with fade effects in between. Surely not hard. Well.

Following on from the 6kb wunderkomputer, I am now using something with a decent enough spec (or at least I thought it would be enough to stick a few videos together).

I am now on my 4th attempt at exporting the movie. As you may know it has a percentage meter and a remain time estimate. On each of the previous times it has got to a certain % and then started counting UP minutes

The longest I left it on for, it ended up saying 862 mins remaining at 72%. This when the initial estimate at 0% was about 300 mins

ReputationRep:
    **** me I now officially hate windows movie maker. All I want to do is stick together about 50 5 min videos with fade effects in between. Surely not hard. Well.

Following on from the 6kb wunderkomputer, I am now using something with a decent enough spec (or at least I thought it would be enough to stick a few videos together).

I am now on my 4th attempt at exporting the movie. As you may know it has a percentage meter and a remain time estimate. On each of the previous times it has got to a certain % and then started counting UP minutes

The longest I left it on for, it ended up saying 862 mins remaining at 72%. This when the initial estimate at 0% was about 300 mins
    Did you export the video in standard definition rather than high def?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

I'm so, so glad I have Premiere CS4 sometimes. :yep:

(Original post by Google)
    Welcome to Google Instant
    Feelings of euphoria and weightlessness are normal. Do not be alarmed.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    Did you export the video in standard definition rather than high def?
    "Best for playback on your computer"
    Just the standard option.

As an aside, JUST INSTALLED OSX ON MY LAPTOP :woo:
    Actually amazingly responsive, but not quite right. 1024x768 on widescreen :rofl:
    Now, let's try and find out what the big deal is :p:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You guise will probably appreciate this. :p:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09...t_1_jailbreak/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)

Pwnt. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)

excellent
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "Best for playback on your computer"
    Just the standard option.

As an aside, JUST INSTALLED OSX ON MY LAPTOP :woo:
    Actually amazingly responsive, but not quite right. 1024x768 on widescreen :rofl:
    Now, let's try and find out what the big deal is :p:
    How do you install OS X on a non-Mac? Just boot from disc as usual, what about drivers? :holmes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.