ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Any reason for a Studio 15? :confused:
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Why not?
    I suppose that depends on your point of view. I desise Dell tech support, but that's just my bad experience with them, that's all.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    I suppose that depends on your point of view. I desise Dell tech support, but that's just my bad experience with them, that's all.
    Who needs tech support when you study Comp Sci. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who needs tech support when you study Comp Sci. :p:
    that is also true, most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    when i've had problems with dell, they've always sorted it.
    2 laptops had the next day at home warranty, the other one, i got them to send the parts (keyboard and centre control cover) to me if there was a problem.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm back :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :lies:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :lies:
    Whatevs :hand:

ReputationRep:
    i'm wathing a couple of the new TSR video guides.
    i don't like rep now.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back

ReputationRep:
    Google could sue Youview and win

Youview sounds too much like Youtube

PROJECT CANVAS managers were no doubt happy as could be when they launched the Internet telly service and let the world know it will be called Youview.
    Formerly known as Project Canvas, Youview is a partnership between the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Talktalk, Arqiva and Five to provide a free-to-air, web-connected TV service via a set-top box.
    Unfortunately for it, the Intellectual Property Owner's web site has a page detailing the ownership of the Youview brand with 'Notice of threatened opposition' filed on 16 September. Google refused to confirm or deny that it had instigated the notice of threatened opposition. The INQUIRER contacted Youview for comment, but it had not replied at the time of publication.
    Legal experts think that Google could launch a trademark action against Youview because its name is similar and punters who buy products from PC World or Currys might not be able to distinquish between the two. (:rofl:)
    Robin Fry, an intellectual property partner at the law firm Beachcroft LLP, said that the service name's similarity to Youtube could cause consumers to confuse the two brands. The use of the word 'You' might suggest a connection between the services. If Google did object, it would be highly likely to win a legal action, according to Fry.
    "Google is involved in litigation all over the world, and would not be frightened of taking action against this trademark. It has an clear interest in protecting its trademarks to stop them from being diluted," he said. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ue-youview-win
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Google could sue Youview and win

Youview sounds too much like Youtube

PROJECT CANVAS managers were no doubt happy as could be when they launched the Internet telly service and let the world know it will be called Youview.
    Formerly known as Project Canvas, Youview is a partnership between the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Talktalk, Arqiva and Five to provide a free-to-air, web-connected TV service via a set-top box.
    Unfortunately for it, the Intellectual Property Owner's web site has a page detailing the ownership of the Youview brand with 'Notice of threatened opposition' filed on 16 September. Google refused to confirm or deny that it had instigated the notice of threatened opposition. The INQUIRER contacted Youview for comment, but it had not replied at the time of publication.
    Legal experts think that Google could launch a trademark action against Youview because its name is similar and punters who buy products from PC World or Currys might not be able to distinquish between the two. (:rofl:)
    Robin Fry, an intellectual property partner at the law firm Beachcroft LLP, said that the service name's similarity to Youtube could cause consumers to confuse the two brands. The use of the word 'You' might suggest a connection between the services. If Google did object, it would be highly likely to win a legal action, according to Fry.
    "Google is involved in litigation all over the world, and would not be frightened of taking action against this trademark. It has an clear interest in protecting its trademarks to stop them from being diluted," he said. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ue-youview-win
    That's not quite as bad as Apple trying to trademark the word "Pod" for music devices. :facepalm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    RSI :emo: :pain:

ReputationRep:
    RSI :emo: :pain:
    Too much masturbation... *tut tut*
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Too much masturbation... *tut tut*
    I expected that from someone, but from you Vlad? I am disappoint :naughty:

:p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.