All right, a little assortment, just for you guys

Awesome violin music:

Bit of irish music (really get going around 45s):

Not your typical christmas tune (or christmas lights for that matter):

Difficult to choose just 1 simon and garfunkel song:

And a bit of pendulum:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the new Xbox dashboard update, it's slowed my Xbox down!!! *

*Except for the new featured marketplace for just your own games, that'll be useful (once they fix the DLC locations!!!!.)
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    I don't like the new Xbox dashboard update, it's slowed my Xbox down!!! *
    I didn't think it was possible to make the Xbox menu sytem any more badly designed. Yet somehow, Microsoft have managed it. It now looks like a massive pile of ****.

In other news, I only just realised, after having moved my desk a few days ago, that I didn't plug an audio cable in properly. And so I've been missing my left speaker for three days without noticing. Whoops. :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    All right, a little assortment, just for you guys

Awesome violin music:

Bit of irish music (really get going around 45s):

Not your typical christmas tune (or christmas lights for that matter):

Difficult to choose just 1 simon and garfunkel song:

And a bit of pendulum:
    Congrats on Member of the Month :sexface: I found the sub confusion issue amusing :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Congrats on Member of the Month :sexface: I found the sub confusion issue amusing :teehee:
    Cheers.
    Yeah most people did :sigh:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Does anyone know how I would carry out remote assistance over a network? I'd like to see my desktop's screen (downstairs) on my laptop (upstairs) and I don't want to run it through the Internet connection :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how I would carry out remote assistance over a network? I'd like to see my desktop's screen (downstairs) on my laptop (upstairs) and I don't want to run it through the Internet connection :beard:
    VNC of some form is probably the simplest solution.
    I recommend UltraVNC - http://www.uvnc.com/
    Install the server on the desktop, set a password, let it though the firewall etc etc and then connect to it with the client from the laptop.
    It's a pain if you're using 3rd party firewalls and the first attempt might be tricky, but once it's working it'll work flawlessly and connect fine in future.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    VNC of some form is probably the simplest solution.
    I recommend UltraVNC - http://www.uvnc.com/
    Install the server on the desktop, set a password, let it though the firewall etc etc and then connect to it with the client from the laptop.
    It's a pain if you're using 3rd party firewalls and the first attempt might be tricky, but once it's working it'll work flawlessly and connect fine in future.
    Interesting, VNC sounds like the obvious solution now you've mentioned it :beard: I will look into it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, VNC sounds like the obvious solution now you've mentioned it :beard: I will look into it, thanks
    aye, i've used it before at work. its remote desktop without blanking out the other screen:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Guys! Long time no speak! I have been mega busy with Uni and the OTC (TA). I am struggling with Object Orientated Software Dev.
    Does anyone know about use case diagrams, nouns, UML and such things? I've missed some lectures due to breaking my finger, requiring surgery. Damn student life!

ReputationRep:
    My god I hate assembly.
    Abstract it all away please.

I never was good at software design either (in response to above).

Middle of the road kinda guy. That's me.

ReputationRep:
    "So!" thinks me, "I'll search for my username".
    The expected posts about me come up, but I happened to scroll down a bit further and note a little addition...

Can you imagine someone starting a thread in tech asking 'Who is chrosson?' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "So!" thinks me, "I'll search for my username".
    The expected posts about me come up, but I happened to scroll down a bit further and note a little addition...

Can you imagine someone starting a thread in tech asking 'Who is chrosson?' :rofl:

dyslexic pastry?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Quite

:awesome: I quite like classical sometimes, stuff like that rather than the "weak" pieces (don't know how else to describe them).

I like:
    I can't watch this without hearing it as
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    So apparently we're a group now. Someone needs to update the society's avatar. :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    So apparently we're a group now. Someone needs to update the society's avatar. :p:
    I can do that :cool:

Suggestions?

I can't watch this without hearing it as
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Suggestions?
    I have made my suggestion :smug:

ReputationRep:

Suggestions?

:awesome:
    trollface, or a mac:p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at trollface

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.