:teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Collision detection FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Collision detection FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    haha I did a bit of that with Flash ages ago, made a pong game.

I assume you're doing something a little more complicated though
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    C++... I keep getting memory exception thingys. What do?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    haha I did a bit of that with Flash ages ago, made a pong game.

I assume you're doing something a little more complicated though
    Not really... asteroids type game. :mmm: But tbh, we're just applying design patterns e.g. singleton, bridge, factory... - making good extendible/maintainable code. It sucks tbh, so I'm just keeping my game fairly basic as it's pointless making such a complex game like some people are doing. :stupid:

(Original post by secretmessages)
    Did you not get that before, and it was something to do with loops?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Did you not get that before, and it was something to do with loops?
    I think before I had it with Java because this is the first C++ programming I've done.. I'll post the message up later if it keeps happening :sad:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/11/facebook-gmail-titan/

:rolleyes: Facebook thinks it can kill Gmail :teehee: Oh how wrong they are...

ReputationRep:
    Erk... Are you using pointers?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Erk... Are you using pointers?
    I don't know :puppyeyes:

I don't know C++ at all and I'm using it in the context of OpenCV, and at the moment I'm just taking snippets from the web and customising them to get things to work. What I have at the moment is a program that takes an image (of a lolcat), and if I draw a rectangle over the image it will save the cropped image as a separate file. It does this, but sometimes (and I don't know why or when) I get this error:

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/11/facebook-gmail-titan/

:rolleyes: Facebook thinks it can kill Gmail :teehee: Oh how wrong they are...
    Wow, I had those features with my Yahoo! email address in 1998! They've got to be smoking something spurious if they really think that this will make any sort of inroads into the email market.

Like a couple of commenters said; it'll just get forwarded to subscriber's Gmail accounts anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know :puppyeyes:

I don't know C++ at all and I'm using it in the context of OpenCV, and at the moment I'm just taking snippets from the web and customising them to get things to work. What I have at the moment is a program that takes an image (of a lolcat), and if I draw a rectangle over the image it will save the cropped image as a separate file. It does this, but sometimes (and I don't know why or when) I get this error:

:sad:
    Sorry if I gave the impression that I knew what I was talking about... :ninja: I really haven't got a clue... Our C++ lecturer just said that pointers were dangerous things and we should only use them if we really know what we're doing, to wit he said; "in other words, you lot shouldn't even think about using them..." I was tempted to stick a post-it on my * key, with "NO!" written on it :laugh:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Sorry if I gave the impression that I knew what I was talking about... :ninja: [SIZE="1"]I really haven't got a clue... Our C++ lecturer just said that pointers were dangerous things and we should only use them if we really know what we're doing, to wit he said; "in other words, you lot shouldn't even think about using them..." I was tempted to stick a post-it on my * key, with "NO!" written on it :laugh:[/SIZE]
    It's fine, I don't expect you to help :p: Just posting on the off-chance that someone might save me :moon:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Sorry if I gave the impression that I knew what I was talking about... :ninja: [SIZE="1"]I really haven't got a clue... Our C++ lecturer just said that pointers were dangerous things and we should only use them if we really know what we're doing, to wit he said; "in other words, you lot shouldn't even think about using them..." I was tempted to stick a post-it on my * key, with "NO!" written on it :laugh:[/SIZE]
    That was what my C++ lecturer said as well. Unless you're coding in C, he said, chances are there's a neater, better way of doing things that avoids using pointers entirely.

Of course, if you're using C libraries, things get a bit more tricky.

Maybe paste up your code SM? We might be able to spot the flaw. :holmes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.