I have emailed the tutor, I expect a response about a week :rofl:

How have you all been?
    I'm good :ta: I have reading week this upcoming week. :yeah:

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)

You?
    Ah! Damn reading week. My part of Uni doesn't get that. Everyone else does though. :mad:

Good thanks, rather busy trying to do courseworks before the deadlines so I can go skiing in April :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Puma)
    Ah! Damn reading week. My part of Uni doesn't get that. Everyone else does though. :mad:

Good thanks, rather busy trying to do courseworks before the deadlines so I can go skiing in April :woo:
    I didn't last semester, but we have been given it this semester weirdly... :holmes:

Skiing sounds awesome! :eek2:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

You?
    Reading week? That's supposed to be for arts students. Scientists don't do reading
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Reading week? That's supposed to be for arts students. Scientists don't do reading
    :hand: I has databases to read up on, don't understand it at all really and we gotta make one for our group project. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :hand: I has databases to read up on, don't understand it at all really and we gotta make one for our group project. :woo:
    Group projects are really annoying. Especially when 2 of the group are never in and I have to to meet a guy in another group coursework.

It saves marking time for lecturers though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    Yup, and that is why it is annoying :p:

Do you know much about networking?
    Bit vague...
    Sample question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Correction: scientists don't need a special week to catch up on "reading", we're pro enough to be able to do it as we go along :p: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    Bit vague...
    Sample question?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Regarding the transport services provided by the Internet, there is insufficient support for interactive multimedia applications. Discuss the above statement justifying why you agree or disagree with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Regarding the transport services provided by the Internet, there is insufficient support for interactive multimedia applications. Discuss the above statement justifying why you agree or disagree with it
    Urgh. I hate discuss questions. I doubt I know enough for a university level answer, but could have a go at a lower level.

ReputationRep:
    i've been at a photoshoot:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ugh, what a naff question. :lolwut: It's really woolly, but if I was answering that question, I'd be discussing:

Positives of:
    UDP
    Multicasting

and the negatives of:
    Bandwidth contention
    (relatively) low connection speeds - bad support for HD media etc.

though it's a question as to what your lecturer means by "transport services".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Ugh, what a naff question. :lolwut: It's really woolly, but if I was answering that question, I'd be discussing:

Positives of:
    UDP
    Multicasting

and the negatives of:
    Bandwidth contention

I would have a big chunk in there about p2p and torrents, alongside isp throttling of torrents (and hence limitation of the most efficient way for information to be distributed).
    Personally, I don't understand the 'interactive' keyword...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    I would have a big chunk in there about p2p and torrents, alongside isp throttling of torrents (and hence limitation of the most efficient way for information to be distributed).
    Personally, I don't understand the 'interactive' keyword...
    Good call there. And yes... the "interactive" bit is somewhat... unusual. The lecture probably wrote the question years ago, when "Pressing the Red Button" was the dogs doobries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)

Positives of:
    UDP
    Multicasting

and the negatives of:
    Bandwidth contention

The next bit is about UDP and TCP...

It is a very odd question, only worth 5 marks, but hard to grasp by what he means in terms of multimedia. Hmm, I have emailed him anyway. He is not English so maybe that is why it is a little harder to understand.

ReputationRep:
    guys, some ideas please:
    we have to make a game
    in java
    in pairs
    in 2 weeks

small points:
    i've been doing java for 4 weeks
    the game should preferably include a picture of a face somewhere (everyone is trying to include a lecturer somewhere as the main character etc)

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    guys, some ideas please:
    we have to make a game
    in java
    in pairs
    in 2 weeks

small points:
    i've been doing java for 4 weeks
    the game should preferably include a picture of a face somewhere (everyone is trying to include a lecturer somewhere as the main character etc)

Super Mario style.

ReputationRep:
    Super Mario style.
    possibly,
    we've had 1 lecture on GUI's so far:p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :teehee: Competitor in the Olympics called Andreas **** :teehee:

(stupid swear filter )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :lolwut:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.