(Original post by Chrosson)
    Mice on EFI :woo:
    FIxed.

Bootable 3TB hard drives :woo:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :hi: We need to bring this soc back to life.

TSR looks weird now that the Christmas background is gone. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    TSR looks weird now that the Christmas background is gone. :moon:
    Maybe that's the case, but at least it's now Adblock compatible again.

Just looked in my bank account, and have seen that I MAY have some headroom to get myself a desktop (thanks to summer work at Citrix), made more advantageous by the fact that eligibility for DSA has landed me a tablet PC (like the HP Touchsmart laptops) so I don't lose the portability of using a laptop in lectures.

Conveniently, Sandy Bridge is out for sale on Jan 9th. Given I have a 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo with an nvidia 9600M GT in my current machine (a laptop), the i5 2500k looks mighty appealing!!

Then again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, meaning i should when I am able earn some more money and a replacement mouse and keyboard are more urgent, given my current ones are 6-7 year old cheap and nasties I got with an old Dell Inspiron 1300.

I'll be getting the mouse and keyboard anyway (here and here), but the advantage of buying in 6 months is I have a buffer if things go belly up with money at University.

And yes, I'm left handed. sucks to be me.

ReputationRep:
    Seen tron.
    Had fun drawing parallels between encom and apple :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Seen tron.
    Had fun drawing parallels between encom and apple :mmm:
    I'm skeptical. is it better than the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Dunno, not seen the first one (I assume you're talking about the 1982 film). You may be better asking in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1348627

I found it enjoyable, but I'm generally easy to please.

First one is rubbish - if you can look past the outdated special effects, it adds some backstory. You can still find Tron: Legacy enjoyable regardless, it's worth it for the special effects and Daft Punk soundtrack. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    First one is rubbish - if you can look past the outdated special effects, it adds some backstory. You can still find Tron: Legacy enjoyable regardless, it's worth it for the special effects and Daft Punk soundtrack. :teeth:
    Might be worth a put then. thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but the original Tron was excellent. :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :hi: We need to bring this soc back to life.
    i was going to say, im not here much anymore.
    i know i have some of you already on different chat/socialnotworks so it may be easier to grab me there... PM me if you can't find my usernames for places, although you can probably guess my username...

ISA getting 180 negs on one post. That's the highest neg I've seen on TSR. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...08&postcount=2

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I'm sorry, but the original Tron was excellent. :colonhash:
    is also colonhash? :holmes:

Might be worth a put then. thanks for the info.
    Report back if you do watch it. Chrosson seems to have liked it, I kinda of liked it too. Interested in others' views. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ISA getting 180 negs on one post. That's the highest neg I've seen on TSR. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...08&postcount=2
    :zomg:

is also colonhash? :holmes:
    Indeed - in the smiley list it's [s]colonhash[/s]
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    colondollar and colone work too :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    FFS! :mad: I have my Cisco Semester 3 final on Tuesday and the Cisco Academy server is down for maintenance until Tuesday! :mad:

How the **** am I supposed to revise!?

ReputationRep:
    FFS! :mad: I have my Cisco Semester 3 final on Tuesday and the Cisco Academy server is down for maintenance until Tuesday! :mad:

How the **** am I supposed to revise!?
    Maybe they're trying to teach you a lesson about having backups not only of your own work, but of everyone else's as well.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're trying to teach you a lesson about having backups not only of your own work, but of everyone else's as well.
    I wish I did have a copy of the online curriculum. You can only access it from Cisco

ReputationRep:
    I wish I did have a copy of the online curriculum. You can only access it from Cisco
    A quick search turns up...alternative sources. Although I'm unaware what exactly the material on the cisco website is, they look promising.
    I am also unaware what the terms of use/distribution policy of the material on the Cisco website is - I would never advocate downloading material where you don't have permission to do so.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    A quick search turns up...alternative sources. Although I'm unaware what exactly the material on the cisco website is, they look promising.
    I am also unaware what the terms of use/distribution policy of the material on the Cisco website is - I would never advocate downloading material where you don't have permission to do so.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ninja:
    I see... :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well put...

ReputationRep:
    I see... :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well put...
    Where does your username come from?

I searched google for 'Mad Vlad' and...well...
    First result:
    (Original post by google)
    Mad Vlad!
    26 Oct 2006 ... Fight your way through a horde of obstacles and save your vampiric master!
    www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/346093 - Cached - Similar
    I will save you my vampiric master! :medieval:
    :rofl:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.