Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Doncaster wasn't too bad last weekend, though (Was there for Lancaster's B-team at BUCS Canoe Polo).

You're at York, aren't you? Roses is certainly going to be close, looking at the BUCS scores overall. Of course, Lancaster have a real incentive this year, so hopefully we'll break the home advantage.
    York's my territory, or it was 'till I graduated last year. :p: And don't worry, we'll wipe the floor with you at Roses. :top:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-...month-o/924805
    tempting

ReputationRep:
    Considering what handsets are coming out in the next few weeks, I'd read nothing into that other than "stock clearance".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Considering what handsets are coming out in the next few weeks, I'd read nothing into that other than "stock clearance".
    it's only just come out
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Desire_S

what be coming out soon?

ReputationRep:
    Watching Groundhog Day. Did you know that the Groundhog's predictions are only 39% correct. Which is a bit poor for a 50/50 guess. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    it's only just come out
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Desire_S

what be coming out soon?
    :facepalm2:

Christ my Dissertation is melting my brain. :sad:

[EDIT] HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S II and the just released LG Optimus 2X

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

Christ my Dissertation is melting my brain. :sad:
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    ordered :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    got my desire s :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You like?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You rooted?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You like?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You rooted?
    Does it connect to wifi? A friend of mine got a HTC recently, and it won't connect at all. :confused:

Think I'm safe sticking with my iPhone for the time being. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Does it connect to wifi? A friend of mine got a HTC recently, and it won't connect at all. :confused:

iSpy more like. :p:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    iSpy more like. :p:
    I, for one, embrace our Apple overlords. :p:

Will be interested to see how this one develops. An unencrypted file storing location data is a bit of a doozy on Apple's part. Massive breach of Data Protection Act for a start. Potential class action suit in the States. Should be interesting. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I, for one, embrace our Apple overlords. :p:

Will be interested to see how this one develops. An unencrypted file storing location data is a bit of a doozy on Apple's part. Massive breach of Data Protection Act for a start. Potential class action suit in the States. Should be interesting. :holmes:
    Co-ordinates are not considered "Personally Identifiable Information" and are thus not bound by the DPA :fyi:

But it's a horrendous breach of privacy. I for one hope that Apple get done over in court for this, seeing as it's been discovered that Apple is transmitting this data to the iMothership parked at 1 Infinite Loop. For me though, this sort of data is a complete GOLDMINE.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Co-ordinates are not considered "Personally Identifiable Information" and are thus not bound by the DPA :fyi:

But it's a horrendous breach of privacy. I for one hope that Apple get done over in court for this, seeing as it's been discovered that Apple is transmitting this data to the iMothership parked at 1 Infinite Loop. For me though, this sort of data is a complete GOLDMINE.
    Hmm, remind me never to get on your bad side. :awesome:

Apple really need taking down a peg. I'll be ready to crack open the champagne when it happens. :top:

ReputationRep:
    You like?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You rooted?
    yer it is quite awesome:awesome:

(Original post by Dez)

wifi works fine, although i think i read that the antenna for it is in a silly place so it drops when you hold it... (sounds like an iphone:p:)

ReputationRep:
    yer it is quite awesome:awesome:
    Excellent.

You should start posting in the Android OS thread in Tech > Mobile Phones :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dez)

My HTC connects to wifi.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, now my address is fixed. Stooopid Carphone Warehouse.

Just transferring my contacts, as they're stored on handset of my old phone, and I'm using the same SIM.

You like?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You rooted?
    Unfortunately, his device is likely to have shipped S-ON, so we can't root, yet, though the Incredible S is S-OFFed, so it's hopeful we can root soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Me too, now my address is fixed. Stooopid Carphone Warehouse.

Just transferring my contacts, as they're stored on handset of my old phone, and I'm using the same SIM.
    im just waiting for my PAC to go through, hasn't been done today so should happen tomorrow.
    is yours unlocked and debranded and all that?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.