Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Apple don't build adequate error correction into their software because they can't possibly envisage how their hardware can go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I now find myself flying to America for two months tomorrow with a blank iPod. Wonderful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    And i have a SIMILAR laptop to both spikeymike and secretmessages (HP TouchSmart FTW)

I don't like HP for this reason. The fact that it comes with so much crap, but you don't know which bits to uninstall to retain functionality. Also, shoddy AMD graphics switching not having Linux support doesn't help.
    Everything can go, all you need are the drivers from the HP site, particularly wireless and graphics.

I don't avoid HP for this reason because I know I can get rid of it and configure it to be the way I like it.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Everything can go, all you need are the drivers from the HP site, particularly wireless and graphics.

I don't avoid HP for this reason because I know I can get rid of it and configure it to be the way I like it.
    My name's spikeymike and I format my computer every fortnight :smug:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :pierre:

(Original post by Planto)
    Well, I now find myself flying to America for two months tomorrow with a blank iPod. Wonderful.
    Don't know much about bad sectors, but would a reformat/restore to factory settings not solve it or atleast make it skip the bad sector when writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Don't know much about bad sectors, but would a reformat/restore to factory settings not solve it or atleast make it skip the bad sector when writing?
    Had this thought, looks like the thing might be completely buggered as it's just hanging when I try to reformat, too.

Anyone aware of any decent free file recovery software?

(Original post by Planto)
    Had this thought, looks like the thing might be completely buggered as it's just hanging when I try to reformat, too.

Anyone aware of any decent free file recovery software?
    Which iPod is this? Maybe just try leaving it for a while when it's hanging? I know there are a few ways to blank it from iTunes restore to holding down certain buttons and putting it into diagnostic mode.

File recovery as in retrieving music from the buggered iPod? When my iPods messed up, I found SharePod to be pretty perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I was more thinking along the lines of recovering the files to the iPod that were lost when it tried to sync. Figured I'd try copying my music onto it with SharePod instead but it seems to be hanging in the same place, after 200 or so songs.

ReputationRep:
    Surely that's pushing it.... it's weekly :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    Hai guise :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06..._rejected_app/

ReputationRep:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Hai guise :awesome:
    S'up guys... dropping in for the first time in a while. Good to see a few of the old school people are still around...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by someperson)

:awesome:
    Damn, why can't we have something that awesome on Britain's Got Talent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMaster)
    S'up guys... dropping in for the first time in a while. Good to see a few of the old school people are still around...
    Hey dude! How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, why can't we have something that awesome on Britain's Got Talent?
    :dontknow: our programmers aren't as innovative? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My God I find a spare half hour and manage to find myself on TSR
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puma)
    My God I find a spare half hour and manage to find myself on TSR
    :wavey:
    Hey dude!

ReputationRep:
    last exam will be over in 12 hours!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.