Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    last exam will be over in 12 hours!
    *******, I've got a hellish weekend coming up. Exams Friday afternoon, Saturday Morning, Monday morning and Wednesday morning... :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Hey dude!
    :hi:

What netbook did you get for review? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    bought sandy bridge gear :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    bought sandy bridge gear :awesome:

What mobo? SSD?

ReputationRep:
    So, I was talking with a friend the other day about her music set up.

She streams music via Wifi from her NAS to her Android powered PMP. She outputs that via Bluetooth to her stereo which she controls with RF.

What a beautiful mix of wireless technologies!

ReputationRep:
    elo, elo, elo,
    A tech society!?!
    Don't know how I've missed this thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake9)
    elo, elo, elo,
    A tech society!?!
    Welcome, mysterious voice in the sky, you've found the pearly gates of The Enligh- nah, we're all nice and friendly, you just missed us because we were in societies, not technology..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tathrim)

What mobo? SSD?
    Intel Core i5 2500K
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO Intel Z68 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CAS9
    OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm really intrigued as to what lies behind corp.google.com :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Intel Core i5 2500K
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO Intel Z68 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CAS9
    OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
    Shiny Same RAM and processor, you've got a better mobo (would have waited for socket 2011, but my laptop wanted to die).

You planning to OC? and are you using a GFX card?

(Original post by secretmesseges)
    x
    as am I!!! There isn't a DNS listing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Shiny Same RAM and processor, you've got a better mobo (would have waited for socket 2011, but my laptop wanted to die).

You planning to OC? and are you using a GFX card?
    Everything else i'm keeping from my current desktop.

I bought another Zalman CNPS9500A cooler today- since the revision i had was made before they included the adaptor for 1155/1156 mounts
    £34 from ebuyer, being delivered by midday tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait till I've got a job. I really need to get a desktop rather than this laptop -.-

ReputationRep:
    I found a post about corp.google from 2006... is there any reason to be intrigued now?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    As far as I know, corp.google is just an internal domain that they use, with intriguing subdomains like paranoia.corp.google and I really want to know what that's all about :p:

On an unrelated note, someone tell me, why so cheap? http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-G2222HD.../dp/B002UJ31A0

What am I missing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    As far as I know, corp.google is just an internal domain that they use, with intriguing subdomains like paranoia.corp.google and I really want to know what that's all about :p:

On an unrelated note, someone tell me, why so cheap? http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-G2222HD.../dp/B002UJ31A0

What am I missing?
    Looks good to me.

A lot of monitors seem to have identical models with and without HDMI, and the HDMI ones are always £20-30 more for some reason.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    So, I was talking with a friend the other day about her music set up.

She streams music via Wifi from her NAS to her Android powered PMP. She outputs that via Bluetooth to her stereo which she controls with RF.

What a beautiful mix of wireless technologies!
    Sweet, shame I can't rep you for that, telling me to rep others first

(Original post by Jake9)
    elo, elo, elo,
    A tech society!?!
    Yeah me too
    (Original post by Jake9)
    Looks good to me.

A lot of monitors seem to have identical models with and without HDMI, and the HDMI ones are always £20-30 more for some reason.:confused:
    Thanks for that cos I was looking at that a week ago and think I am going to buy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake9)
    Looks good to me.

That always annoys me but I think the extra price is worth it - HDMI and other technologies are gonna be more common in the future so you won't need to upgrade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    That always annoys me but I think the extra price is worth it - HDMI and other technologies are gonna be more common in the future so you won't need to upgrade.
    but wht not just buy a HDMI--->DVI adapter for £1.99?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake9)
    but wht not just buy a HDMI--->DVI adapter for £1.99?
    Valid point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)

What am I missing?
    I have this monitor. It's very good quality for the price. :yep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.