Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    I assume there's a reason you're asking about such an opaque expression and that there's a good reason for it existing?
    Pagination. This (TSR example): Page 470 of 470: « First | 370 | 420 | 460 | 466 | 467 | 468 | 469 | 470

I'm doing this for my placement work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Virgin Media Super Hub :coma: :coma:
    What is it?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by wizard710)
    What is it?
    Just a router, I believe. A very very good one, wireless speeds here have now doubled.

ReputationRep:
    Just a router, I believe. A very very good one, wireless speeds here have now doubled.
    here, the wireless signal is poor. old router was much better
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    here, the wireless signal is poor. old router was much better
    I was reading that they've had a lot of problems with it :unsure: but ours seems good for now :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I was reading that they've had a lot of problems with it :unsure: but ours seems good for now :yy:
    We do have thick walls, so we're currently using 2 wireless routers and a switch through the flat :p:

we have another backup router if the walls grow:awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    We do have thick walls, so we're currently using 2 wireless routers and a switch through the flat :p:

we have another backup router if the walls grow:awesome:
    I take it back anyway, it broke and we had to reboot it

If the walls grow? :beard:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I take it back anyway, it broke and we had to reboot it

If the walls grow? :beard:
    New one broke?

Yeah... seismic activity? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Actually we just received our first superhub from virgin media, nothing but trouble for the first three or four days. dropping out every ten minutes

ReputationRep:
    Didn't notice it as a problem until my pwoerline adapter went down, but now? FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Is theming the Windows shell fairly safe?

Also how? Was going to patch files and install themes with programs from here but it's got a dodgy WOT/McAfee SA report...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Is theming the Windows shell fairly safe?
    Are you doing it manually or with some kind of program?

(Original post by Delaney)
    Are you doing it manually or with some kind of program?
    See edit.

I'd do it either way. Just not sure how...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    See edit.

I'd do it either way. Just not sure how...
    I remember a few years ago there was a very popular bit of software that would do it for you. I can't remember the name but I think it started with an S. I'm sure one of the chaps on here will remember it or suggest an alternative.

Doing it automatically is probably going to be quicker and safer than tinkering with the files yourself. If you do go down the manual route, make sure you have plenty of backups!

Edit: This was the software I was talking about - http://www.stardock.com/products/thememanager/

(Original post by Delaney)
    I remember a few years ago there was a very popular bit of software that would do it for you. I can't remember the name but I think it started with an S. I'm sure one of the chaps on here will remember it or suggest an alternative.

Doing it automatically is probably going to be quicker and safer than tinkering with the files yourself. If you do go down the manual route, make sure you have plenty of backups!

Edit: This was the software I was talking about - http://www.stardock.com/products/thememanager/
    I did used to use that on Vista actually.

To W***z-BB!

Pretty sure the software I actually want is Windowblinds...

K so WB isn't installing/cracking right.

Anyone got a decent guide for shell theming? Either manually or by program, not fussed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    K so WB isn't installing/cracking right.

Anyone got a decent guide for shell theming? Either manually or by program, not fussed.
    Universalthemepatcher to patch files to enable themes.

Windows theme installer to easily install themes.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...-themes-easily

edit: Windows theme installer patches the files for you actually.

ReputationRep:
    Wow it's been a while since I themed/changed my shell.
    Memories of stardock, emerge desktop, rainmeter/enigma desktop, different boxes...was fun on XP.
    Interestingly enough, I've not changed anything on 7 (to the point where my UA picture is still the toshiba logo). I think I'm just comfortable with it as-is.

I like having RainMeter widgets.

I also like the theme I've gone for, will stick with it for now.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.