• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    Nicely done :p:

ReputationRep:
    Problem.

Bluetooth on my laptop has become sketchy.
    Either the bluetooth logo/program is in the tray at boot and then disappears after or it is never there at all. And when it's not there my headphones don't function, even if they are connected before it disappears.

I've tried starting bluetooth via the Start menu and also manually starting BTTray.exe. Nothing changes.
    Any clue as to what's up? Are there any other programs out there I could use to connect via bluetooth?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Hai guise. :wavey:

I've ordered a MacBook Pro. My bank balance may never forgive me this transgression, yet... ooh shiny! :teeth:

(Original post by Dez)
    Hai guise. :wavey:

I've ordered a MacBook Pro. My bank balance may never forgive me this transgression, yet... ooh shiny! :teeth:
    I'm stuck between going for a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air for university. My current laptop is too big and heavy to carry around and Gofre's postings about MacBooks are swaying me.

They seem so overpriced but attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I'm stuck between going for a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air for university. My current laptop is too big and heavy to carry around and Gofre's postings about MacBooks are swaying me.

I would have gone with the MacBook 13" if it had dedicated graphics, but it doesn't so I'm going for either the Vaio S or Envy 14.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

The Air is very light, I've carried one in my bag and hardly noticed it was there. The Pro is more likely to ruin your shoulders, but does have more power/£££ plus better connectivity and shiz. Neither are any cop for gaming, like Jake said there's no proper GFX, but they work very well for other tasks.

Oh, and the Mac screens are brilliant. When/if I can afford it, I'm going to get the £740 Thunderbolt screen for home use. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    The Air is very light, I've carried one in my bag and hardly noticed it was there. The Pro is more likely to ruin your shoulders, but does have more power/£££ plus better connectivity and shiz. Neither are any cop for gaming, like Jake said there's no proper GFX, but they work very well for other tasks.

Oh, and the Mac screens are brilliant. When/if I can afford it, I'm going to get the £740 Thunderbolt screen for home use. :coma:
    bah, get a Dell Ultrasharp:teeth:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    bah, get a Dell Ultrasharp:teeth:
    I'm sorry, did you just say Dell? :lolwut:

I jumped and ordered the MBP, it came on Tuesday.. ORDER IT :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    I'm sorry, did you just say Dell? :lolwut:
    Dell Ultrasharp, their premium range of monitors with 3 year next day warranty.
    Can't go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Intel graphics in the 11/13" MBA run Minecraft well?

(Original post by Dez)

(Original post by Emmanuel321)
    I jumped and ordered the MBP, it came on Tuesday.. ORDER IT :p:
    The problem pretty much is the weight and size. Since the screen size of both MacBooks can be the same it comes down to thickness and weight. On one side, the Pro has more power and better perks but then the Air is really thin and light.

I'd rather not get another one like the laptop I have now, which is heavy. Since I can't compare weights, that's the crossroads I'm at right now.

Portability versus power/features. :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    my dilemma:sigh:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The problem pretty much is the weight and size. Since the screen size of both MacBooks can be the same it comes down to thickness and weight. On one side, the Pro has more power and better perks but then the Air is really thin and light.

I'd rather not get another one like the laptop I have now, which is heavy. Since I can't compare weights, that's the crossroads I'm at right now.

13" MBP is 2kg, if you know how much your current laptop weighs you can compare it to that. The Air doesn't compare to anything, it's too light. :p:

ReputationRep:

Go me =P

ReputationRep:

I take a break for a little while and this happens?!

Snap out of it, man. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    Dell Ultrasharp, their premium range of monitors with 3 year next day warranty.
    Can't go wrong.

Agreed. Bloody lovely monitors for working on. I use them at work - much nicer than the older Dell models.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.