Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Spent the morning browsing 9Gag and I come across Bohemian Ragecomic. Hands-down the greatest face meme picture I've seen on the internet...

http://d3uwin5q170wpc.cloudfront.net...27009_460s.jpg
    Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Never unlocked a phone before... legit/safe/reliable/my IMEI won't be cloned to some Chinese iPhone copy?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCKING-...ht_2823wt_1141
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Managed to to buy a total of 4 TouchPads today (All Argos reservations). Somehow. Already overclocked it, also done many hacks to it so now it really flys. I won't be putting Android on it most likely, web browsing is 80% of what I'd use it for anyways.

ReputationRep:
    It would appear that the Prophet Steve is about to snuff it.

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    It would appear that the Prophet Steve is about to snuff it.
    I would be inclined to agree. Seeing as he's put 100% commitment into Apple even during his earlier spells of ill health and medical leave, for him to suddenly say he's no longer capable and stepping down is very significant.

I can't think of any reason other than his health which would cause him to throw in the towel so abruptly, but being chairman allows him to have an important role in the company right until the very end.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I dislike Apple I can't understand how some people manage to take pleasure in Job's ill health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Spent the morning browsing 9Gag and I come across Bohemian Ragecomic. Hands-down the greatest face meme picture I've seen on the internet...

http://d3uwin5q170wpc.cloudfront.net...27009_460s.jpg
    I saw that a while ago, is quite funny

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably being too optimistic here, but does anybody have any idea where I might find a 500GB 2.5" SATA drive for around the £30 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I'm probably being too optimistic here, but does anybody have any idea where I might find a 500GB 2.5" SATA drive for around the £30 mark?
    Scan today only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    Scan today only?
    Think I've found a couple of suitable ones, thanks. I tried to rep but I've rep'd you too recently =P

On the subject of HDDs, how significant is the difference in speed between 5400rpm and 7200rpm drives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Think I've found a couple of suitable ones, thanks. I tried to rep but I've rep'd you too recently =P

On the subject of HDDs, how significant is the difference in speed between 5400rpm and 7200rpm drives?
    Quite, I'd say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)

About 33% if you're looking at angular velocity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    About 33% if you're looking at angular velocity.
    Yeah I've already figured it's not going to be worth the added expense, just going to go for a 5400rpm one.

I've just been into a little independent computer store that I pass every day on the way to work for the first time, looking for an external hard drive. I though being a little place they'd be quite reasonably priced. £70 for a 750GB drive :l
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Anyone used one of these personal hotspots before? :holmes:

http://threestore.three.co.uk/payg/d...rcode=DSLPP527

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Anyone used one of these personal hotspots before? :holmes:

http://threestore.three.co.uk/payg/d...rcode=DSLPP527
    My Desire S can create a wireless hotspot:awesome:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    My Desire S can create a wireless hotspot:awesome:
    So can my iPhone, but Orange are ****** **** ****** (insert expletives as necessary) and won't let me. And in any case, Orange's 3G coverage is fairly crap. I was considering this as an alternative to run t'interwebs on both the phone and my laptop when I need it, but I don't know how decent it is. Three have good coverage where I need to use it, but I'm a bit worried about the battery life... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    So can my iPhone, but Orange are ****** **** ****** (insert expletives as necessary) and won't let me. And in any case, Orange's 3G coverage is fairly crap. I was considering this as an alternative to run t'interwebs on both the phone and my laptop when I need it, but I don't know how decent it is. Three have good coverage where I need to use it, but I'm a bit worried about the battery life... :erm:
    :erm:

Have you set up your phone to use T-Mobile signals?
    Do you live on a farm?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by G8D)
    :erm:

Have you set up your phone to use T-Mobile signals?
    Do you live on a farm?
    Yes - and sort of. The idiots who live in my area signed a petition a few years back against the construction of a mobile pylon in the area. They were shocked when we categorically refused to sign it - on the grounds of actually wanting some mobile signal... :lolwut: Unfortunately, the petition went through and no mast was built, so now reception is incredibly dodgy.

But the main place I use 3G is on the Brighton main line, upon which Orange's coverage is shockingly terrible, even with T-Mobile added to the mix. Three works much, much better I've found, although the data is a bit more expensive than on Orange.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody ever ordered from PC World online? They told me my hard drive would be delivered in 3-5 days, it's now been 7. Hurry up dammit! :fuhrer:
    =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Has anybody ever ordered from PC World online? They told me my hard drive would be delivered in 3-5 days, it's now been 7. Hurry up dammit! :fuhrer:
    =P
    :facepalm2:

Therein lies your problem...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.