Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    No idea. Perhaps I should have a poll or something? Would probably be DP, or dP perhaps. :holmes:

I lived around here originally, then moved to York, then to Crawley. Commuting in atm, which isn't too bad with the majority of people heading the other way (i.e. towards London).
    Aye I remember that route. I left brighton for leeds, then down to newport now. hoping to go back in a few years and find work there. Enjoy it!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    No idea. Perhaps I should have a poll or something? Would probably be DP, or dP perhaps. :holmes:
    Your initials are unfortunate. Maybe it's just me and my dodgy mind, but.. cannot unsee :ninja2:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Your initials are unfortunate. Maybe it's just me and my dodgy mind, but.. cannot unsee :ninja2:
    Wait, what? :erm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Okay, question. So my Ethernet coupler arrived and it works, and I'm getting good download speeds through en0. However, I can also connect through wifi simultaneously, and I didn't know this was possible. I'm basically connected to the router twice and have two different internal IPs for the same machine. What is this, and is this good/bad/pointless?

ReputationRep:
    Damn I can't rep you

(Original post by Dez)
    Wait, what? :erm:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dp

ReputationRep:
    Okay, question. So my Ethernet coupler arrived and it works, and I'm getting good download speeds through en0. However, I can also connect through wifi simultaneously, and I didn't know this was possible. I'm basically connected to the router twice and have two different internal IPs for the same machine. What is this, and is this good/bad/pointless?
    Pointless/bad for other machines on the network, as you're hogging anther device for DHCP allocation (the router only has so many spaces it can handle) and the throughput will be better on the wired connection.

EDIT: When we moving to version 3.0 of this thread? We've got 12(?) posts left.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    Pointless/bad for other machines on the network, as you're hogging anther device for DHCP allocation (the router only has so many spaces it can handle) and the throughput will be better on the wired connection.

EDIT: When we moving to version 3.0 of this thread? We've got 12(?) posts left.
    But on a selfish note, how good is it for me? There aren't that many devices here anyway so allocation isn't going to be a problem. At the moment it appears to be connected through both methods but it's just using the fastest (Ethernet).

I'll sort the new thread out (if I'm around) when we hit 10000 :yep:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    :lolwut: Is that seriously what firsts pops into your heads? Very very troubling. I suppose I could use my middle initial as well, but that would go against convention somewhat...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    :lolwut: Is that seriously what firsts pops into your heads? Very very troubling. I suppose I could use my middle initial as well, but that would go against convention somewhat...
    I don't think you can go against convention as much as Fleur does :p:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I don't think you can go against convention as much as Fleur does :p:
    Good point. :p: I'd like to go with just D, but I got beaten by about ten years or so to that. :grumble:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Good point. :p: I'd like to go with just D, but I got beaten by about ten years or so to that. :grumble:
    Yep :console:

I still think you should go for Z. It's your username backwards too, "zed". Bit of a dodgy link I know, but Z is just cool :teeth:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Yep :console:

I still think you should go for Z. It's your username backwards too, "zed". Bit of a dodgy link I know, but Z is just cool :teeth:
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about the backwards-nickname thing. Would be a bit ambiguous, though I could probably live with that. :yes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about the backwards-nickname thing. Would be a bit ambiguous, though I could probably live with that. :yes:
    Awesome :awesome:

What actually is your role/job? :sly:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Awesome :awesome:

What actually is your role/job? :sly:
    I am a Dynamic Developer. :sexface: Basically means I'll be doing frontend work, making shiny UI/UX things as well as coding PHP by the boatload. And possibly some other stuff too, we'll see.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    I am a Dynamic Developer. :sexface: Basically means I'll be doing frontend work, making shiny UI/UX things as well as coding PHP by the boatload. And possibly some other stuff too, we'll see.
    :adore:

I may know what you're working on :holmes:

If the site looks awful this time next year, I'll be blaming you :hmmm:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    :adore:

I may know what you're working on :holmes:

If the site looks awful this time next year, I'll be blaming you :hmmm:
    I would imagine that you do not. :p: The project I've got hasn't even left the meeting rooms yet, still lots to be decided before we knuckle down and start making it. I suspect you're thinking of the other big project... :ninja:

And if I can make Mumsnet shiny, this place shouldn't be a problem. </famous last words>
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    I would imagine that you do not. :p: The project I've got hasn't even left the meeting rooms yet, still lots to be decided before we knuckle down and start making it. I suspect you're thinking of the other big project... :ninja:

And if I can make Mumsnet shiny, this place shouldn't be a problem. &lt;/famous last words&gt;
    Who says I only know of one big project? :sexface: But I'm intrigued, I'll wait and see.

Ooh, you've already worked on Mumsnet? When was this? :beard:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Who says I only know of one big project? :sexface: But I'm intrigued, I'll wait and see.

Ooh, you've already worked on Mumsnet? When was this? :beard:
    Up until last week. Been working for them since the beginning of the year. Lovely bunch, but Brighton > London in terms of places to work. :top:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Up until last week. Been working for them since the beginning of the year. Lovely bunch, but Brighton &gt; London in terms of places to work. :top:
    I've never been :nopity: but it must be awesome to work so near to the beach and everything.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    New thread :woo:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.