PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    *Goes straight to MSDNAA* :ninja:

Edit:
    It's an optional update? :holmes: Just don't download the update? :curious:

Sauce
    Is that just for Windows 7 though, or for Office too? :holmes:

It doesn't actually affect me because I'm using Office 2010, it's for a friend.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Is that just for Windows 7 though, or for Office too? :holmes:

It doesn't actually affect me because I'm using Office 2010, it's for a friend.
    AFAIK, it's only to validate OS at the minute, but in the future they might start making to validate all MS software. :hmmm: Regardless whether it did or not, just don't download the update and make sure auto update isn't on. :dontknow:

Microsoft is releasing a smarter tool to detect whether your version of Windows 7 or Vista is the real deal, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
    SAUCE :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Did you drink too much?
    nope, didn't go out last night

stupid nose
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    AFAIK, it's only to validate OS at the minute, but in the future they might start making to validate all MS software. :hmmm: Regardless whether it did or not, just don't download the update and make sure auto update isn't on. :dontknow:

SAUCE :lol:
    :facepalm2:

Do you think there will be cheap student offers for Office 2010 before the beta expires?

ReputationRep:
    sauce spelling
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :facepalm2:

Do you think there will be cheap student offers for Office 2010 before the beta expires?
    When does the beta end? When is the full retail version due for release? :dontknow:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    When does the beta end? When is the full retail version due for release? :dontknow:
    31/10/10. ~15/06/10.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    sauce spelling
    Urban Dictionary: Sauce

I think I first saw it used by Oli.

31/10/10. ~15/06/10.
    Perhaps. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    im not sure what to do when the office 2010 beta expires, go back to 2007, or pay for the new version.

that is excluding the illegal possibilities
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    im not sure what to do when the office 2010 beta expires, go back to 2007, or pay for the new version.

that is excluding the illegal possibilities
    :beard: I'm not paying hundreds of pounds for the new version, that's for sure. Especially as I will need to pay for Visio on top of the Office price (why don't they include it??). If there's a student price (<£50) for the Ultimate edition (or equivalent) then I will buy it. I'm not having any of this student = Word + Excel + Powerpoint only crap.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :beard: I'm not paying hundreds of pounds for the new version, that's for sure. Especially as I will need to pay for Visio on top of the Office price (why don't they include it??). If there's a student price (<£50) for the Ultimate edition (or equivalent) then I will buy it. I'm not having any of this student = Word + Excel + Powerpoint only crap.
    If only there was another glitch on Technet... :emo:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post19245791
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    If only there was another glitch on Technet... :emo:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post19245791
    Where the **** was I . I'd have exceeded my monthly fair usage download limit in one day if I got my hands on that.

Was it a fail then? I mean on Technet's part...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Where the **** was I . I'd have exceeded my monthly fair usage download limit in one day if I got my hands on that.

Was it a fail then? I mean on Technet's part...
    I downloaded so much that day (I have unlimited downloads) :ahee:. So many keys as well :coma:.

Indeed a fail on Technet's part. :teehee: It was a **** yeah mement.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I downloaded so much that day (I have unlimited downloads) :ahee:. So many keys as well :coma:.

I would've been in my department like a shot, up to 100Mb/s download speeds :coma:

Anyway, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

ReputationRep:
    i hate that too

i have 216 keys:awesome:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Natural deduction sucks, seriously.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Natural deduction sucks, seriously.
    Anything to do with proofs suck.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    What is it with the huge increase in Facebook fan pages that "require" you to join and invite all your friends before being allowed to see the "funniest picture ever"? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    what's "going down" in the tech society at a quarter past 5 on Sunday? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    What is it with the huge increase in Facebook fan pages that "require" you to join and invite all your friends before being allowed to see the "funniest picture ever"? :erm:
    facebook i X at X fan pages are the bebo equivalent to fakes

i don't get why people bother:rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.