Tech Society 2.0 watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    king julian!
    :beard: I was listening to "I like to move it" from Madagascar earlier. Coincidence?

(Original post by ish90an)
    It does:p:
    I would use the evaluator result from each leaf, the idea being that it is the best possible move(for the AI) at each point that will lead to an overall better result. The evaluator would take in any given state of a board, and assign a score to that particular state(and thus leaf).
    I see :holmes:. Thank you, you can have some new gems at midnight
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :beard: I was listening to "I like to move it" from Madagascar earlier. Coincidence?
    I like to move it. :sexface: :lol: :erm:

I am researching Ubiquitous computing :yawn: - ish90an has probably done this before...

ReputationRep:
    aha, fantastic song:p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I like to move it. :sexface: :lol: :erm:

I am researching Ubiquitous computing :yawn: - ish90an has probably done this before...
    I have the Ubiquity add-on for Firefox :sexface: :dontknow:

(Original post by alexsheppard11)
    aha, fantastic song:p:
    Brings back memories :moon:

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm
    halfway between IPS and TN apparently:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MO-122-SA

tempting:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for anyone still up at this ungodly hour: Which one's better b/w VMWare and VirtuaBox, if I want to run 64 bit CentOS in a virtual machine on 64 bit Win 7?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Quick question for anyone still up at this ungodly hour: Which one's better b/w VMWare and VirtuaBox, if I want to run 64 bit CentOS in a virtual machine on 64 bit Win 7?
    VMWare is more powerful, but VirtualBox is nicer to use.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I have another group coursework :nn:. Problem is, I actually have to find a group this time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have another group coursework :nn:. Problem is, I actually have to find a group this time.
    Good luck finding one. :erm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Good luck finding one. :erm:
    Everyone is taken already :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Everyone is taken already :puppyeyes:
    Tag along with one of them? Surely not all of them are in a group that is full already? :holmes: Unless group somehow means pairs. :mmm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Tag along with one of them? Surely not all of them are in a group that is full already? :holmes: Unless group somehow means pairs. :mmm:
    Groups of four. I'd rather be in a group with someone I know.. I'll see what turns up :facepalm2:

How are you this morning Michael? :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Groups of four. I'd rather be in a group with someone I know.. I'll see what turns up :facepalm2:

How are you this morning Michael? :sexface:
    Apparently 4 is the best for a group... :holmes: We weren't allowed a 5, luckily I wasn't the unlucky one. :teehee:

:erm: I'm fine :ta: - not sure what time to go in for... normally I'd be in for 10 everyday but that lecture for that module is off for the week. I have a team meeting at 2. :holmes:

I either go in early, do some work in the library or do some work at home then straight to the labs. :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Apparently 4 is the best for a group... :holmes: We weren't allowed a 5, luckily I wasn't the unlucky one. :teehee:

:erm: I'm fine :ta: - not sure what time to go in for... normally I'd be in for 10 everyday but that lecture for that module is off for the week. I have a team meeting at 2. :holmes:

I either go in early, do some work in the library or do some work at home then straight to the labs. :holmes:
    I've already had my lectures for the day /lazy

Team meeting this afternoon, not sure when :erm:

What labs are they?

ReputationRep:
    I hate group coursework. For one module I am in group with a guy who is never in and in another module I am in a group with a guy i've never spoken to in two years. I like individual coursework
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've already had my lectures for the day /lazy

Team meeting this afternoon, not sure when :erm:

What labs are they?
    Just the one lab, 4hr labs session, last 2 hrs are not compulsory. :mmm: It's for IT, the group project module.

I'm in a group of people I see everyday . We were allowed to chose our own groups .
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just the one lab
    4hr labs
    :facepalm2:

I'm in a group of people I see everyday . We were allowed to chose our own groups .
    :hand:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Puma)
    I hate group coursework. For one module I am in group with a guy who is never in and in another module I am in a group with a guy i've never spoken to in two years. I like individual coursework
    Individual coursework is awesome, even if it does take me a while to get round to it :teehee:. At least I can work to my own schedule.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :facepalm2:

:hand:
    If you didn't quote me so quickly, I could have edited it before you quote me.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    If you didn't quote me so quickly, I could have edited it before you quote me.
    secretmessages, fastest quoter on TSR TM

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.