As if you're not too
    Sometimes... :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Sometimes... :p:
    We're computer scientists. OCD, perfectionism, and grammar nazism come with the trade :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I have many OCDs. Sometimes they really piss me off
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    We're computer scientists. OCD, perfectionism, and grammar nazism come with the trade :awesome:
    Alex does computer science, I don't think he has any of them. :lolwut:

Explain? :sexface:

(Original post by Puma)
    You're not alone bud.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Puma)
    I'm really bad at the moment, worse than usual. If I look behind me in the street and see a piece of paper lying on the floor the urge to check it's not something I just dropped is just .. arrgh, even if I know I didn't drop it. That might be something other than OCD though.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Alex does computer science, I don't think he has any of them. :lolwut:
    Alex is one of the lucky ones :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bad at the moment, worse than usual. If I look behind me in the street and see a piece of paper lying on the floor the urge to check it's not something I didn't just drop is just .. arrgh, even if I know I didn't drop it. That might be something other than OCD though.
    My recent one is to click the mouse constantly when my hand is on it. 'Tis annoying.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm really bad at the moment, worse than usual. If I look behind me in the street and see a piece of paper lying on the floor the urge to check it's not something I just dropped is just .. arrgh, even if I know I didn't drop it. That might be something other than OCD though.
    (Original post by Puma)
    My recent one is to click the mouse constantly when my hand is on it. 'Tis annoying.
    :lolwut:

I have no new ones... most of mine generally involve being clean/tidy. I dislike mess, disorganisation, dust... which is why I dislike being in the labs, because usually it's just messy especially when it's near the end of the day.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    OCD is apparently a mental disorder. We should start an OCD "help and support" society (I'm not even joking).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OCD is apparently a mental disorder. We should start an OCD "help and support" society (I'm not even joking).
    Go for it. :yes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Actually reading the Wikipedia article makes me feel a lot better knowing what I do isn't actually uncommon:

People might repeatedly wash their hands or clear their throats, repeatedly check that their parked cars houses have been locked before leaving them, turn lights on and off, keep doors shut or closed at all times, touch objects a certain number of times before exiting a room, or walk in a certain routine way like only stepping on a certain color of tile.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Actually reading the Wikipedia article makes me feel a lot better knowing what I do isn't actually uncommon:
    People might repeatedly wash their hands or clear their throats, repeatedly check that their parked cars have been locked before leaving them, turn lights on and off, keep doors shut or closed at all times, touch objects a certain number of times before exiting a room, or walk in a certain routine way like only stepping on a certain color of tile.
    They're none of mine... though the one that does annoy me as well: you do something, perhaps sending an email, even after checking thoroughly, say 15mins later, I always think to myself, did I say something that didn't make sense?

Or in another scenario, I go park my car, I lock it, check it then walk off - later I think to myself, did I lock the car? I'm sure I did, but there's an uncertainty that I didn't. It's wierd.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    They're none of mine... though the one that does annoy me as well: you do something, perhaps sending an email, even after checking thoroughly, say 15mins later, I always think to myself, did I say something that didn't make sense?

Or in another scenario, I go park my car, I lock it, check it then walk off - later I think to myself, did I lock the car? I'm sure I did, but there's an uncertainty that I didn't. It's wierd.
    I always quadruple-check emails before sending them off, it's ridiculous. I literally sit there for 10 minutes staring at the email.. :facepalm2:. Then after sending it, I always (without fail) go to my sent items and re-read what I just sent. How does that make sense?

I read that it might be due to the fact that OCD sufferers do not trust their actions and/or are worried about the repercussions or responsibility of doing something wrong.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I always quadruple-check emails before sending them off, it's ridiculous. I literally sit there for 10 minutes staring at the email.. :facepalm2:. Then after sending it, I always (without fail) go to my sent items and re-read what I just sent. How does that make sense?

I read that it might be due to the fact that OCD sufferers do not trust their actions and/or are worried about the repercussions or responsibility of doing something wrong.
    I do that too. Perhaps not always for me, but certainly on most occasions.

Makes sense I suppose.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I do that too. Perhaps not always for me, but certainly on most occasions.

Makes sense I suppose.
    :console: Ah well. It's not at the stage where it's controlling my life (yet). It's good that other people here can relate to it though :awesome:.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just got Rick Rolled very cleverly
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just got Rick Rolled very cleverly
    Where? How? :teeth:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Where? How? :teeth:
    Through Digg.

www.1227.com

(it's safe, just annoying)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Through Digg.

www.1227.com

(it's safe, just annoying)
    :teehee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :teehee:
    Stupid thing is, if you end Firefox's process once, it will restart with the same tabs - it's only when you end it a second time where it asks you which tabs you want to restore (though selective restore is a good feature).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.