Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    echo "Date of Revision: $(date)"
    This executes the thing in the brackets and substitutes the output in.
    Excellent thanks. Rep when I can.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without TSR Tech Soc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Yes well, I'm in a bad mood.
    I suggest you visit http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com for reasons why the OS community needs to get it's act together. The fact that someone can make this blog, and the posts actually make a twisted kind of sense should be a serious wakeup call.
    http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2009/11/bad-karma.html is a wonderful post on how even the most popular distro has problems and nobody cares. FYI, the sound bug? Still going. 'In progress' now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Excellent thanks. Rep when I can.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without TSR Tech Soc!
    Do a google search? Thats what I just did :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm going to use this thread to moan.

Intel stock coolers are a pile of ****. Every time I see one I feel like smashing something, preferably a pile of Intel stock coolers. I can't believe they haven't realized what a failure they are.

I'm switching to AMD.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx)

Intel stock coolers are a pile of ****. Every time I see one I feel like smashing something, preferably a pile of Intel stock coolers. I can't believe they haven't realized what a failure they are.

I'm switching to AMD.
    I haven't experienced what an Intel stock cooler is like, but this is a first. :holmes:

AMD is the way forward on a desktop!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't experienced what an Intel stock cooler is like, but this is a first. :holmes:

AMD is the way forward on a desktop!
    They're a ******* pain to mount, they're noisy, heat sinks suck etc. I knew I should have got an AMD but this one was reduced so I went for it, didn't think it would be this bad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They're a ******* pain to mount, they're noisy, heat sinks suck etc. I knew I should have got an AMD but this one was reduced so I went for it, didn't think it would be this bad.
    Are you building your own desktop or just replacing a part? :holmes:

Either way, nice one.

ReputationRep:

I'm switching to AMD.
    Could you not just use an aftermarket cooler? :erm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Then that'll be another ~£15 for a decent aftermarket one, whereas if you get an AMD, you can just stick with stock cooler, because it's actually quite awesome IMO. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Well I probably should, I'll look around for one at some point, but at least for general uses stock coolers should be fine, I'm not even overclocking or anything at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    *Sigh* I may be a self professed software guru (/arrogance), but this conversation is making me realise how much of a hardware retard I am.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    *Sigh* I may be a self professed software guru (/arrogance), but this conversation is making me realise how much of a hardware retard I am.
    What were you thinking of? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Then that'll be another ~£15 for a decent aftermarket one, whereas if you get an AMD, you can just stick with stock cooler, because it's actually quite awesome IMO. :sexface:
    stock coolers dont have LED's:gah:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    stock coolers dont have LED's:gah:
    :hand:

My case doesn't windows anyway, though my next case will.

ReputationRep:
    :hand:

My case doesn't windows anyway, though my next case will.
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    What were you thinking of? :curious:
    I didn't know what part the cooler was until I looked it up just now. I assume I just ignored it when I opened computers in the past. :facepalm2:

And I had no idea it could possibly be replaceable. I feel the kind of surprise you might feel if you discover your car has a button for ejecting a seat - it just never occurred to me :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Evening :teeth:

There are so many people being infected with "<insert generic anti-virus software name> 2010" viruses recently :iiam:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Evening :teeth:

There are so many people being infected with "<insert generic anti-virus software name> 2010" viruses recently :iiam:
    Increase in n00bs/gullableness. :ms: :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Increase in n00bs/gullableness. :ms: :p:
    Just saw an interesting web page that exploits a vulnerability in Adobe Flash (reported over a year ago) and crashes most browsers :beard:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Just saw an interesting web page that exploits a vulnerability in Adobe Flash (reported over a year ago) and crashes most browsers :beard:
    And there's no fix for it? :lolwut:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.