Turn on thread page Beta

Declining watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can you accept your AS examination result then decline your A2 examination result and be left with the AS grade?

ReputationRep:
    The number of points you get at AS level determines what grade you get at A-level. Even if you got nothing in your a-level exam and you got say 280 in your ASlevel exam you would still have an e at Alevel. Hmmm that probably doesnt make much sense!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    No I know what you're saying. But you can take the A2 exams and then decline them, would that leave you with an AS grade?

ReputationRep:
    im not entirely sure but i dont think you're allowed to do that. You can keep an AS grade by not taking the A2 exam but i dont think you can revert to that grade once you have actually done an A2 exam. What you can do is decline your a2 grades and retake them but you would have to have a year out. Anybody know a bit more about this subject?

ReputationRep:
    A guy in my history class got a B at AS History and a D for the A Level, and is doing the A2 year again. He's declining the A2 grade and putting a B at AS on his UCAS form, and basically pretending that the last year didn't happen. So it can be done, I think.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm k got not idea what any of you just said, thats the problem with all these bits n peices of letters for school and uni, always different everywhere and they constantly change em, oh well, can't help, soz.

ReputationRep:
    yes you can. Decline the A2 and 'cash in' the AS. Which will void your A2 grade and leave you with an AS. This means that you can take your A2 modules again AND your AS modules a further 2x.

So theoretically, you could do your AS 4x.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.