This discussion is closed.
Seer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Can you accept your AS examination result then decline your A2 examination result and be left with the AS grade?
Hannah
Report 16 years ago
The number of points you get at AS level determines what grade you get at A-level. Even if you got nothing in your a-level exam and you got say 280 in your ASlevel exam you would still have an e at Alevel. Hmmm that probably doesnt make much sense!!!!!
Seer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
No I know what you're saying. But you can take the A2 exams and then decline them, would that leave you with an AS grade?
Hannah
Report 16 years ago
im not entirely sure but i dont think you're allowed to do that. You can keep an AS grade by not taking the A2 exam but i dont think you can revert to that grade once you have actually done an A2 exam. What you can do is decline your a2 grades and retake them but you would have to have a year out. Anybody know a bit more about this subject?
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A guy in my history class got a B at AS History and a D for the A Level, and is doing the A2 year again. He's declining the A2 grade and putting a B at AS on his UCAS form, and basically pretending that the last year didn't happen. So it can be done, I think.
snow_white
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmm k got not idea what any of you just said, thats the problem with all these bits n peices of letters for school and uni, always different everywhere and they constantly change em, oh well, can't help, soz.
caius
Report 16 years ago
yes you can. Decline the A2 and 'cash in' the AS. Which will void your A2 grade and leave you with an AS. This means that you can take your A2 modules again AND your AS modules a further 2x.

So theoretically, you could do your AS 4x.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (158)
45.4%
Take exams next summer (53)
15.23%
Change uni choice through clearing (82)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (39)
11.21%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.6%

Watched Threads