Turn on thread page Beta

What does everyone think about 'messy' hair on girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    At my college there lots of girls mess their hair up e.g. back comb it then leave it down or put it in a really messy ponytail/bun.
    Just wanted to know if people (especially boys) like it? I don't really get the whole messy hair craze, at my college its usually the 'rah' types that wear it like that.

Just interested to see if people thinks it looks nice or not? And isn't it hard to brush out?

ReputationRep:
    Ugly. Brush your hair properly.

ReputationRep:
    Its alright, as long as it's stylish and not just messy. But im not too keen.

ReputationRep:
    It looks terrible. Most girls love their hair, and then some do that to it...?!

ReputationRep:
    Never understood it, my hair's naturally messy enough without backcombing it!

ReputationRep:
    Well, my hair is messy, but that's just because it refuses to be any other way.

Girls who backcomb until their hair is a bird's nest look quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    I do it. My fringe has got too long, so if I leave it to dry itself it goes nice and messy/curly and all I have to do it tie it up, if I straighten it it covers my eyes, and then when I clip it back my face looks HUUGE cos I'm used to a fringe now

And I'm definitely not a 'rah'. I think it looks nice...

ReputationRep:
    Depends what the girl looks like and how messy.

ReputationRep:
    But a messy fringe is different to the backcombing "rah" look that's going round. A friend of mine works in a school where I do, and she's really pretty, but I heard some kids talking about her saying "you well fancy Miss X" "No I don't, I used to, but she doesn't even brush her hair, the scruff"... kids are so honest.

ReputationRep:
    I think messy but neat is nice. Not bird's nest but not incessently controlled- natural.

ReputationRep:
    i think its quite nice personally..not tooo messy though ofc

btw..whats a 'rah'? O__o im not familiar with that term at all

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Rahs

Nope, it looks stupid, why spend ages on your hair making it look like you just got up and left it?
    Don't understand

ReputationRep:
    rahs look ridiculous. Don't see many round here, but they never fail to make me laugh when I do

I think backcombed is stupid, but normal messy I don't care, people that obsess over their appearance annoy me. I hardly ever comb my hair anyway, not in the mornings anyway :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I see that sort of hair and think :indiff: get a hairbrush

ReputationRep:
    it looks rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes It Looks Very Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get_inspired)

Someone who went to private school (or wish they had), likes rugby (not football), probably a member of a rowing, sailing or yachting club, refer to their parents as "Mummy and Daddy". Boys: often seen to be wearing a lemon (or any pastel shade) sweatshirt slung casually over their shoulders and deck shoes.
    Girlsress similar to that of boys along with pearls, numerous shopping bags and Daddy's credit card.
    Names often include: Rupert, Will, Guy, Jeremy, Emily, Alexandra, Henrietta, Harriet. Followed by a double/triple barrelled surname, e.g. Harrington-Smythe.

From urban dictionary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get_inspired)

This: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rah

You've probably come across them, your lucky if you don't that often, I have to everyday :/

ReputationRep:
    Its great to grab onto while pulling a Houdini

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why someone would spend ages (and money) making themselves look as if they don't clean themselves. I think it looks horrible but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.