Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does everyone think about 'messy' hair on girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If it's long hair I often thing it looks better like that than if it was perfectly dead straight. If it has no layers and is just dead straight it can look very plain and boring imo.

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl at my college universally known as 'big hair girl'. There's also big hair girl trainee 1 and 2, who also have notably big hair but not to the standards of big hair girl.

Big hair girl could quite easy smash this girl in a big hair contest:

There's a very big difference between big hair girl hair and messy hair like surfer girl messy :love:

oooohmygodyessssss :love:

ReputationRep:
    :coma: hot.
    As long as it's washed etc...no dreadlocks :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    There's a girl at my college universally known as 'big hair girl'. There's also big hair girl trainee 1 and 2, who also have notably big hair but not to the standards of big hair girl.

There's a very big difference between big hair girl hair and messy hair like surfer girl messy :love:

My friend's had that last one as her facebook picture for ages. I've always thought it was her. Wtf.

ReputationRep:
    I like the sound of 'rah'. :whip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    it looks rubbish.
    Do you go OSFC? I swear I've seen you around!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nuffles)

Spoiler:
    Show

That first girl has awesome hair :teeth: but I wouldn't call that messy...as you said it's just big hair :p:

And the surfer girl's hair is messy for a reason :dontknow: that's excusable...

Unfortunately over here the rah's moonlight as surfers so the real beach messy hair gets lost in amongst the expensively styled get a brush messy hair :sigh:

I think it's just ugly aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhr, some of them look like they are carrying a bush on their head! if only it was green :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i think it looks silly, and "rah"ish

ReputationRep:
    If it's short and messy it's nice.

I hate the long back combed look with too much hairspray, not my cup of tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemmmy)
    Someone who went to private school (or wish they had), likes rugby (not football), probably a member of a rowing, sailing or yachting club, refer to their parents as "Mummy and Daddy". Boys: often seen to be wearing a lemon (or any pastel shade) sweatshirt slung casually over their shoulders and deck shoes.
    Girlsress similar to that of boys along with pearls, numerous shopping bags and Daddy's credit card.
    Names often include: Rupert, Will, Guy, Jeremy, Emily, Alexandra, Henrietta, Harriet. Followed by a double/triple barrelled surname, e.g. Harrington-Smythe.

From urban dictionary

i go 2 a private school. that make me a rah? doesnt sound...nice.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean about the 'rah' sort of girls! they all look the same, like all the hair brushed over to one side, or in a really messy bun, with uggs, leggings, hoody or a rugby shirt. it's like, what are you, a sloane ranger revisited? haha it's so bad
    i think if you have it messy in a more bedhead sort of way it looks pretty hot (i'm a girl by the way!)
    i wear mine pretty messy mainly because i'm lazy and would rather spend my time doing something else than farting about with straighteners. i'm not a big fan of straight hair anyway. look at florence welch's hair- it's messy but like not at the same time if you get my drift? that';s GOOD messy hair

ReputationRep:
    It is very rah - ish. :puke:

Very few can pull it off and look decent, and if they do then it's generally because they're stunning which detracts from their terrible hair. Most of the time, I look at girls like that and think 'get a bloody brush!'. Then again, my hair's terribly messy. It's short though, so not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    butters, go get a brush and tidy your ******* hair

ReputationRep:
    It makes me want to hand them a mirror and say "Clearly you didn't look in one of these this morning. Go and brush your hair".

Dislike it. A lot. The only girls that do it at my college look like trannies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    i go 2 a private school. that make me a rah? doesnt sound...nice.:eek:

I didn't write it, it's from urban dictionary, and i think is largely generalised

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I love it in a girl. Not to everyones tast

ReputationRep:
    It does flatter some people :yep: I can't physically bring myself to do that to my hair though, I love it too much :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally backcomb mine a bit but thats only for volume.
    There are some people who backcomb every single bit of hair on their head and it looks stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the girls at my school have this, usually with blonde highlights. I prefer it to flat/straight hair or overdone curls and things... they don't seem to actually backcomb or spray it. I see them just flipping it up into a messy bun and that's that. That kind of disdain is quite hot imo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.