Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

cleavage...who started it? watch

ReputationRep:
    certainly not a woman...

but i am amazed to see how women love to show it to the public, do they really think that when they come in front of a man showing it, the man would not notice? or the man would give her more respect or look at her as an "independent" woman for showing it?

why it is ok for a woman to show it on tv even if she is a news reporter yet a man showing his chest as a reporter would be considered stupid/unprofessional? (not that i approve of it, but just citing an example of the so called "equality" in western societies)

the real question is, who fooled those women into showing part of their breasts to the public????????

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree

ReputationRep:
    yes I really do think a man will notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    but i am amazed to see how women love to show it to the public, do they really think that when they come in front of a man showing it, the man would not notice? or the man would give her more respect or look at her as an "independent" woman for showing it?
    I think its stupid to apply that broadly to all women - as if to say that showing some cleavage instantly means you should have people lose respect for you. You can generally tell if the girl also happens to be coming across as 'easy' and that's not from cleavage alone.
    I rarely show some cleavage, not even in clubs. I don't feel comfortable doing it. I still get a fair bit of attention though, I just think it is indeed from guys that might take me a bit more seriously than if I was dressed a little less.

Its all more to do with a guy's attitude than the girls though - sadly you get away with creating this situation for us all.

ReputationRep:
    Women do it with the intention of teasing men, since they surely cannot know that no man would look? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Clevage makes me generally happy.

It's rather fantastic.

In short, I approve of clevage.

Decollete for the win.

ReputationRep:
    as a girl, cleavage is fine, as long as it is tasteful :woo:

ReputationRep:
    certainly not a woman...

why it is ok for a woman to show it on tv even if she is a news reporter yet a man showing his chest as a reporter would be considered stupid/unprofessional? (not that i approve of it, but just citing an example of the so called "equality" in western societies)

the real question is, who fooled those women into showing part of their breasts to the public????????
    It attracts more men to watch skysports news instead of turning channel.

ReputationRep:
    dolly parton

ReputationRep:
    I love looking at cleavage

ReputationRep:
    Toe Cleavage, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares who started it, roll on the good times!

Motorboating is the truth and the way sayeth he!

ReputationRep:
    a min ago there was a post on here 'anne of cleeves' i was gonna say ha! funnys, but now it has just disappeared...pourquoi???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I think its stupid to apply that broadly to all women - as if to say that showing some cleavage instantly means you should have people lose respect for you. You can generally tell if the girl also happens to be coming across as 'easy' and that's not from cleavage alone.
    I rarely show some cleavage, not even in clubs. I don't feel comfortable doing it. I still get a fair bit of attention though, I just think it is indeed from guys that might take me a bit more seriously than if I was dressed a little less.

Its all more to do with a guy's attitude than the girls though - sadly you get away with creating this situation for us all.
    i think you have a bit of "non perverted nature" in you because you feel uncomfortable showing cleavage!! which is a good thing..

because i do agree, it is man made for their own horny pleasures, but they got those women who love flaunting their cleavage fooled to think that it is a form of freedom or independence or whatever they might call it...

as i can see from some other replies, some girls are totally fine with showing it!!! i cannot understand how and why so???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    It attracts more men to watch skysports news instead of turning channel.
    that is one of the reasons i do agree, no wonder we see semi naked women laying on cars at car shows/magazines and they do sell more!!! but do those women think they are being respected in anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x In Love Again x)
    as a girl, cleavage is fine, as long as it is tasteful :woo:
    now how do you define "tasteful"??? there is nothing tasteful about it

ReputationRep:
    tasteful as in
    NOT like that picture above

and NOT in an overtly sexual way with size 42Es spilling out all over the place.

but something which adds to flattery of a girl's figure and makes her feel good about herself and look good on the outside, but not in a :eek: way

ReputationRep:
    I imagine she means showing a small amount of cleavage. Not with one of those tops where a girls boobs are nearly falling out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Simon Cowell did it quick go and jihad himx

ReputationRep:
    I dont constanlty show cleavage but when you have big boobs its hard not to! high neck tops dont always look right so you need a lower cut - im a 32F and like my cleavage it does make me feel happy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.