Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

cleavage...who started it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Us males must all take to cutting holes in the crotch of our jeans/trousers to show our ballage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEB)
    a min ago there was a post on here 'anne of cleeves' i was gonna say ha! funnys, but now it has just disappeared...pourquoi???
    I know why did they delete my post!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Us males must all take to cutting holes in the crotch of our jeans/trousers to show our ballage.
    yep, imagine men doing that on tv shows!!!!!! lol

this is the hypocricy of the so called equality/freedom of women, men use it just to exploit them and use them as sex objects.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_chick)
    I dont constanlty show cleavage but when you have big boobs its hard not to! high neck tops dont always look right so you need a lower cut - im a 32F and like my cleavage it does make me feel happy!
    sorry but this excuse is bad...the bigger your breasts, the more you should cover......

and when you say your cleavage makes you feel happy, in what way may i ask? when men stare at it? when people comment on it?

ReputationRep:
    shut up feministes cleavage is awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEB)
    shut up feministes cleavage is awesome
    yes cleavage is awesome but between a man and his wife......not for the general horny public

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    yes cleavage is awesome but between a man and his wife......not for the general horny public
    or between girlfriend and boyfriend or between girlfriend and girlfriend or between a guy and a girl that meet drunkenly on a night out or between a man and another man (if one of them have moobs)

ReputationRep:
    sorry but this excuse is bad...the bigger your breasts, the more you should cover......

and when you say your cleavage makes you feel happy, in what way may i ask? when men stare at it? when people comment on it?
    so your saying just becuase i have big boobs i'm not allowed to wear low cut cut tops - that are designed for that purpose! and women with the breasts of a 12 yr old should show them off becuase they have nothing to show off!

cleavage makes me happy when I look at it, i dress for ME not for my boyfriend or anyone else, for me! i dont give a flying **** what other people think of my cleavage, its just that mine, and if men look they look. so what, as long as they look but dont touch lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_chick)
    so your saying just becuase i have big boobs i'm not allowed to wear low cut cut tops - that are designed for that purpose! and women with the breasts of a 12 yr old should show them off becuase they have nothing to show off!

cleavage makes me happy when I look at it, i dress for ME not for my boyfriend or anyone else, for me! i dont give a flying **** what other people think of my cleavage, its just that mine, and if men look they look. so what, as long as they look but dont touch lol
    where did i say it is ok for women with small breasts to show them off?

as for your showing off, you have no problem with men looking at it? maybe even staring at it? you know when you talk to someone while showing off, chances are they are thinking about something else while listening to you, and you are ok with that!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why do women wear low cut tops and show cleavage?

Because we damn well want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armageddonbride)
    Why do women wear low cut tops and show cleavage?

Because we damn well want to.

THANKYOU, I like dressing up and going out with a bit of cleavage on show, not like I go to college with them on show but when I'm out I enjoy the attention and free drinks I does have its downsides though because i got the compliment "great rack" three time on friday night and "wow your actually really smart and whitty" like once but o well.

ReputationRep:
    where did i say it is ok for women with small breasts to show them off?

as for your showing off, you have no problem with men looking at it? maybe even staring at it? you know when you talk to someone while showing off, chances are they are thinking about something else while listening to you, and you are ok with that!!!
    Perhaps it could be because we enjoy the attention, because we like knowing that everyone else likes what they see, because it makes us feel more attractive to show a little of what makes us feminine. People with good features enhance them, for their own as well as others benefit. Its no different to someone with nice legs wearing a short skirt. Why be ashamed of yourself? I save the full view of myself for my boyfriend, but it doesn't mean I have to stop being a female the rest of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chassi)
    Perhaps it could be because we enjoy the attention, because we like knowing that everyone else likes what they see, because it makes us feel more attractive to show a little of what makes us feminine. People with good features enhance them, for their own as well as others benefit. Its no different to someone with nice legs wearing a short skirt. Why be ashamed of yourself? I save the full view of myself for my boyfriend, but it doesn't mean I have to stop being a female the rest of the time.
    that is very shallow and insecure.....

you mean to say if two women went for an interview, one showing her cleavage and the other isn't, the one showing cleavage got the job even though the other woman was more qualified, is it perfectly alright with you? you do not see that the woman was treated as an object rather than a human being?

what you do not realize that you might feel perfectly alright with showing what you got, or another showing her legs because she has nice legs, you might not be ashamed but look around you and you will see that this very same thing is being used by men to exploit women and use them as sex objects....

ReputationRep:

you mean to say if two women went for an interview, one showing her cleavage and the other isn't, the one showing cleavage got the job even though the other woman was more qualified, is it perfectly alright with you? you do not see that the woman was treated as an object rather than a human being?

what you do not realize that you might feel perfectly alright with showing what you got, or another showing her legs because she has nice legs, you might not be ashamed but look around you and you will see that this very same thing is being used by men to exploit women and use them as sex objects....
    If I thought showing a bit extra cleavage would get me further in a job interview I'd show it. I'd be using the reaction to my own advantage. Therefore I would not be being exploited. I appreciate that qualifications should be a better basis for a position than than cleavage, though this depends on the job. No-one cares if you've got a degree if you're trying to be a Page 3 model, do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chassi)
    If I thought showing a bit extra cleavage would get me further in a job interview I'd show it. I'd be using the reaction to my own advantage. Therefore I would not be being exploited. I appreciate that qualifications should be a better basis for a position than than cleavage, though this depends on the job. No-one cares if you've got a degree if you're trying to be a Page 3 model, do they?
    don't get me started on page 3 models or swimsuit calendars etc...that is one of the worst forms of exploitation of women.....and women are brainwashed to think that is freedom!!!

as using cleavage to your own advantage, i would have to ask, what do you care more about? respect or personal gain?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can't generalise showing a cleavage, because it depends how big your boobs are for one thing! Plus some tops do it with class, others just make you look like a slut. I don't think when i show my cleavage all men immediatly loose respect for me, as i don't go OTT. On top of that the womans character, and how she holds herself, has a large roll to play in how she is percieved. I do agree though that some women take it too far...

ReputationRep:
    don't get me started on page 3 models or swimsuit calendars etc...that is one of the worst forms of exploitation of women.....and women are brainwashed to think that is freedom!!!

as using cleavage to your own advantage, i would have to ask, what do you care more about? respect or personal gain?
    I don't think freedom has ever really come into the minds of most models. People don't model because its a sense of freedom, they model because they get paid for looking good. It could be argued that it is disrespectful to women to prevent them from looking how they want to, by trying to make them cover up their body. I can't understand how noticing that I have cleavage will instantly cause all men to lose respect for me. Respect is based on far more things than appearance. As a general rule, I don't show all that much off, but I'm not ashamed of being female.
    Perhaps the problem lies with you, if you can't look at a woman with a little cleavage showing without losing all respect for her. You are hardly in the majority.

ReputationRep:

Because all job interviews are conducted by pervy men, obviously... :rolleyes:

If a woman WANTS to use her sexuality to her advantage, it's NOT exploitation. A woman wearing a low cut top because she likes her cleavage and it makes her feel better about herself is not is perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    Clevage makes me generally happy.

It's rather fantastic.

In short, I approve of clevage.

Decollete for the win.
    one of the few things in life that you can look down on and approve at the same time :yep:

it's a pity that it's the feminist that normally have the finest cleavage

ReputationRep:

This thread is lacking cleavage tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.