Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay..I didnt know whether to post this as anon or not, but I'll just be strong and post it as me. :yep:

Right. In December last year, my ex dumped me - day after my 16th and 4 days before our year. I was heartbroken and devestated. Then around the end of term (23rd) I started to talk to another guy - this went on (after dates and stuff) until last week, after he kissed me he told me he liked another girl.

Now I just feel totally down. Lost and lonely. My friends do try to help, but most of them have boyfriends and are quite oblivious to the extent of what I feel. Recently I've been having extremely vivid dreams of one man, and when I wake up I get that glorious feeling of being in love - like with my first boyfriend. Its amazing. I love that feeling...but now I feel like my feelings of craving love are so strong, when I let my mind wander all I want to feel is a mans stomach and see his face and kiss it the way I do in my dreams...and it really hurts, and I cant do anything about it.

I really dont know what question I'm asking you guys here - I just feel like I /need/ love to live. Someone to trust and fall into his arms when I need him and him loving me no matter what I'm doing or what I look like. I just want to feel safe in someone elses hands - but my trust for men has went way down.

So, my darlings, what should I do? Any suggestions or advice much, much appreciated.

<3Meg.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

Sorry for this pointless post. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Go out and meet some men!

Either go to a club, or if you don't want to be used for mindless sex then go to some clubs and get to know some new guys that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    Indeed.

Sorry for this pointless post. :hugs:
    :hugs: Thats okay. Thanks for the hug<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_jnr)
    Go out and meet some men!

Either go to a club, or if you don't want to be used for mindless sex then go to some clubs and get to know some new guys that way.
    I'm not 18 yet.

ReputationRep:
    you seem like a very nice girl...maybe its ur looks or behaviour that make guys behave that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    I'm not 18 yet.
    I aint bothered

ReputationRep:
    Okay..I didnt know whether to post this as anon or not, but I'll just be strong and post it as me. :yep:

Right. In December last year, my ex dumped me - day after my 16th and 4 days before our year. I was heartbroken and devestated. Then around the end of term (23rd) I started to talk to another guy - this went on (after dates and stuff) until last week, after he kissed me he told me he liked another girl.

Now I just feel totally down. Lost and lonely. My friends do try to help, but most of them have boyfriends and are quite oblivious to the extent of what I feel. Recently I've been having extremely vivid dreams of one man, and when I wake up I get that glorious feeling of being in love - like with my first boyfriend. Its amazing. I love that feeling...but now I feel like my feelings of craving love are so strong, when I let my mind wander all I want to feel is a mans stomach and see his face and kiss it the way I do in my dreams...and it really hurts, and I cant do anything about it.

I really dont know what question I'm asking you guys here - I just feel like I /need/ love to live. Someone to trust and fall into his arms when I need him and him loving me no matter what I'm doing or what I look like. I just want to feel safe in someone elses hands - but my trust for men has went way down.

So, my darlings, what should I do? Any suggestions or advice much, much appreciated.

<3Meg.
    Are you craving any male attention in general? or someone new to get to know properly? It's not hard meeting guys but meeting the right guys is. If you're craving just any attention from any guy then go to a club and just enjoy yourself there, but if your striving for something deeper than maybe look to places where you'll find guys with things in common with you? Or try and meet guys through friends or something, there's quite a few possibilities, it just depends what type of thing you're looking for.
    But op, don't get hurt even more by being used, i'm still waiting for someone just that little bit extra special, and i know there's the temptation and risk to be used. With that said op, maybe take some time to establish a good relationship with yourself, and realise that any guy would be lucky to have you. Good luck all the same xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    you seem like a very nice girl...maybe its ur looks or behaviour that make guys behave that way
    Whatcha mean? ^^;

ReputationRep:

<3Meg.
    Hoobastank reference? :headbang:

Also, the only thing to do to get over him is wait it out, I'm afraid. But there's thousands of guys in this world, and there'll be millions who are right for you. You just need to wait to find one.

ReputationRep:
    if i'd got into edinburgh uni i would come up to your ****** country and sort you right out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 18 yet.

N ur point is.....
    Loadz of ppl wu go clubbin arent 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    Are you craving any male attention in general? or someone new to get to know properly? It's not hard meeting guys but meeting the right guys is. If you're craving just any attention from any guy then go to a club and just enjoy yourself there, but if your striving for something deeper than maybe look to places where you'll find guys with things in common with you? Or try and meet guys through friends or something, there's quite a few possibilities, it just depends what type of thing you're looking for.
    But op, don't get hurt even more by being used, i'm still waiting for someone just that little bit extra special, and i know there's the temptation and risk to be used. With that said op, maybe take some time to establish a good relationship with yourself, and realise that any guy would be lucky to have you. Good luck all the same xx
    I love getting to know new people, I think thats part of it - and yeah, I want something more relationship-based.:yep: I've tried that through friends thing - that was my ex. XD

I'll try not to - and thank you so much for the good luck! Much love <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)

Wow...
    Spot the psychologist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmt)
    if i'd got into edinburgh uni i would come up to your ****** country and sort you right out.
    Haha. Offers open. Come on over to Edinburgh. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exursist)
    N ur point is.....
    Loadz of ppl wu go clubbin arent 18
    Ma point iz i dnt do tht k.:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exursist)
    Wow...
    Spot the psychologist
    *spots*

I win. :woo:

OhmyGod - the story of my life. Except I'm 20 and my last BF was 3 years ago - honestly I'm going insane!!!

You're not the only one :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Hoobastank reference? :headbang:

Also, the only thing to do to get over him is wait it out, I'm afraid. But there's thousands of guys in this world, and there'll be millions who are right for you. You just need to wait to find one.
    :headbang:

I know. I just cant be arsed waiting, you know? I waited like 15 years (haha) for my first boyfriend..I'm impatient.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Whatcha mean? ^^;
    lol no offence..I just felt that there's no reason why guys shd treat you that way based on my perception of you, unless its something else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.