Turn on thread page Beta

Craving...a man, basically. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get the same feeling. Not much you can do about it, except get someone into you (no pun intended).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    :headbang:

I know. I just cant be arsed waiting, you know? I waited like 15 years (haha) for my first boyfriend..I'm impatient.:yep:
    Then find someone new asap tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    lol no offence..I just felt that there's no reason why guys shd treat you that way based on my perception of you, unless its something else
    Im quite confused. Whats your perception of me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Then find someone new asap tbh.
    I think thats the plan. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exursist)
    Wow...
    Spot the psychologist
    i wasn't trying to be psychological, i was just trying to understand how she was feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Im quite confused. Whats your perception of me?
    a caring and kind hearted person:yep: or am i wrong

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know what question I'm asking you guys here - I just feel like I /need/ love to live. Someone to trust and fall into his arms when I need him and him loving me no matter what I'm doing or what I look like. I just want to feel safe in someone elses hands - but my trust for men has went way down.

<3Meg.
    It's normal to feel this way especially after what you went through. You need to give yourself some time to heal so to speak. Because you said yourself that now you might have trouble trusting men. In time you'll feel better, and when you meet a man you can connect with both mentally and physically, you'll be going in on a clean slate. Because you should not jump into a relationship with trust issues right off the bat.

Just don't exhaust yourself trying to make yourself feel something for a guy(s) you meet, when there is nothing there. Give it time and allow yourself to have fun being single (but looking). Just my thoughts, hope this helps. Good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor)
    a caring and kind hearted person:yep: or am i wrong
    Youre right. I am too kindhearted sometimes. n__n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebracolors)
    It's normal to feel this way especially after what you went through. You need to give yourself some time to heal so to speak. Because you said yourself that now you might have trouble trusting men. In time you'll feel better, and when you meet a man you can connect with both mentally and physically, you'll be going in on a clean slate. Because you should not jump into a relationship with trust issues right off the bat.

Just don't exhaust yourself trying to make yourself feel something for a guy(s) you meet, when there is nothing there. Give it time and allow yourself to have fun being single (but looking). Just my thoughts, hope this helps. Good luck to you.
    This advice is just what I was looking for. I know, it just feels like I have to rush because I need a man so much. Much love.<3

ReputationRep:
    8=D

8====D~ :o:

8============D~~~

Go for it then, whore.

ReputationRep:
    you should erm call me?? :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    You're too young! Not to be patronising but boys are not gods gift.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 18 yet.
    wtf, your not even 18 yet and your craving for a man, you fools bore me

ReputationRep:
    Having a boyfriend won't automatically cure everything. But I'm guessing you already knew that.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your paaaain.

Although, having been in a very long-term relationship since the age of fourteen, I now find it very hard to come to terms with the fact that 'men' are actually interested. I think in the back of my mind somewhere, I'm still expecting to 'meet a really nice boy, and have a little kiss, tee heeee' when in reality I'm supposed to be meeting them at clubs and sleeping with them the first night.

Not really my style, but you know what i mean. I think we'll just have to trust that the next (decent!) one will come along in time, and until then you just have to keep yourself busy/happy.

ReputationRep:
    As hard as it sounds, you've just gotta wait for the right person/right time. :yep:
    Easier said than done!
    I'm 18 in 6 months and still haven't had a boyfriend, so you're not alone :teehee:
    But like someone said, you need time to heal, and when you meet and the right guy who feels the same then all will be grand!
    Don't settle for second best :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to be sound patronising, but you're practically a child. Live your life, forget guys for a while, just have fun with friends etc.

I really think from 15-18 we change a lot, and become far more mature (usually).

ReputationRep:
    You're still young, chill out. If you need a man now, you're going to end up in a good few disasters of relationships.

ReputationRep:
    i think your looking for a boy at your age

ReputationRep:
    How about getting on with your life? If you've got a roof over your head and food on the table, count yourself lucky. We've all got problems love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.