Turn on thread page Beta

Craving...a man, basically. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I agree with others - you're too young!!

Just concentrate on school and do well in exams!

Plenty of time for boys when your a bit older!! And maybe you should
    Concentrate on urself for a while - you don't need a guy to be happy,
    You just like the security of it all.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets that sometimes when you're just lying in bed thinking about nothing I wouldn't worry.

Just don't rush into anything - I'd say that to a girl or guy so don't think of it as patronising. Trust me when you find someone good you'll know it...
    I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Okay..I didnt know whether to post this as anon or not, but I'll just be strong and post it as me. :yep:

Right. In December last year, my ex dumped me - day after my 16th and 4 days before our year. I was heartbroken and devestated. Then around the end of term (23rd) I started to talk to another guy - this went on (after dates and stuff) until last week, after he kissed me he told me he liked another girl.

Now I just feel totally down. Lost and lonely. My friends do try to help, but most of them have boyfriends and are quite oblivious to the extent of what I feel. Recently I've been having extremely vivid dreams of one man, and when I wake up I get that glorious feeling of being in love - like with my first boyfriend. Its amazing. I love that feeling...but now I feel like my feelings of craving love are so strong, when I let my mind wander all I want to feel is a mans stomach and see his face and kiss it the way I do in my dreams...and it really hurts, and I cant do anything about it.

I really dont know what question I'm asking you guys here - I just feel like I /need/ love to live. Someone to trust and fall into his arms when I need him and him loving me no matter what I'm doing or what I look like. I just want to feel safe in someone elses hands - but my trust for men has went way down.

So, my darlings, what should I do? Any suggestions or advice much, much appreciated.

<3Meg.
    Creepy, am listening to Katie Melua "Just Like Heaven" and those lyrics came up

I think because you have recently come out of a relationship you need to learn to be happy on your own and reassess what you are looking for in a guy before you jump into anything. Tis what I'm doing at the moment anyway and for once I am actually happy about being single (seem to get more attention now that I'm happy with the way I am.)

As the saying goes, if you keep looking for someone to be with then you will never find it. Try spending time with friends and just enjoy your self and when you least expect it the right person will come along and sweep you off your feet. Just be happy and cofident in yourself

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Offers open. Come on over to Edinburgh. XD
    Come to Durham instead and have some good fun My arms are offered as a friend x).
    Try to enjoy your life and look forward to what you have in front of you. I'm sure there are lots of nice guys in Edinburgh, and you'll bump into someone nice sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    Okay..I didnt know whether to post this as anon or not, but I'll just be strong and post it as me. :yep:

Right. In December last year, my ex dumped me - day after my 16th and 4 days before our year. I was heartbroken and devestated. Then around the end of term (23rd) I started to talk to another guy - this went on (after dates and stuff) until last week, after he kissed me he told me he liked another girl.

Now I just feel totally down. Lost and lonely. My friends do try to help, but most of them have boyfriends and are quite oblivious to the extent of what I feel. Recently I've been having extremely vivid dreams of one man, and when I wake up I get that glorious feeling of being in love - like with my first boyfriend. Its amazing. I love that feeling...but now I feel like my feelings of craving love are so strong, when I let my mind wander all I want to feel is a mans stomach and see his face and kiss it the way I do in my dreams...and it really hurts, and I cant do anything about it.

I really dont know what question I'm asking you guys here - I just feel like I /need/ love to live. Someone to trust and fall into his arms when I need him and him loving me no matter what I'm doing or what I look like. I just want to feel safe in someone elses hands - but my trust for men has went way down.

So, my darlings, what should I do? Any suggestions or advice much, much appreciated.

<3Meg.
    I'm sure you'll find someone soon, especially if you're outgoing, it's harder for those of us who are shy!

ReputationRep:
    Still a young 'ane OP.

:hugs: Thats okay. Thanks for the hug<3
    Hello. :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Im on it!

ReputationRep:
    Ma point iz i dnt do tht k.:o:

And wus fault is dat....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Hello. :sexface:
    Do you always pop up, +-? :sexface: XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    You just sound horny.
    I am.:cool:

Do you always pop up, +-? :sexface: XD
    I pop up when ladies are in need of help of any kind. :sly:

ReputationRep:

<3Meg.
    Bla bla bla! your just upset that you are going to be alone on valentines day, deal with it - there are plenty of girls in your situation - I don't understand guys, If i was single there are so many girls I would loove to ask out but i'm not! and chicken men who like a girl - really need to make a move, it's embrassing.

But then again I don't blame them, so many girls are fake it's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Bla bla bla! your just upset that you are going to be a lone on valentines day, deal with it - there are plenty of girls in your situation - I don't understand guys, If i was single there are so many girls I would loove to ask out but i'm not! and chicken men who like a girl - really need to make a move, it's embrassing.

But then again I don't blame them, so many girls are fake it's stupid.
    Actually, I dont care about being single on Valentines Day. I've been single all my life (apart from last year.) It doesnt make a difference to my life.
    Yeah, I know plenty chicken men. Nice phrase. XD

Guys can be fake too, its just the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I dont care about being single on Valentines Day. I've been single all my life (apart from last year.) It doesnt make a difference to my life.
    Yeah, I know plenty chicken men. Nice phrase. XD

Guys can be fake too, its just the way it is.

Who are you kidding....., you're a girl and you do care about Valentines Day.

Infact most people care about valentines day, nobody want's to be single on that day! and the fact that it's coming closer is reminding you of what you are missing.

The easiest time to get into a relationship is probably in feburary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Who are you kidding....., you're a girl and you do care about Valentines Day.

Infact most people care about valentines day, nobody want's to be single on that day! and the fact that it's coming closer is reminding you of what you are missing.

The easiest time to get into a relationship is probably in feburary!
    I care when my friends talk endlessly about what they got. I try not to get angry, but I dont sob my goddamn heart out over one day.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I care when my friends talk endlessly about what they got. I try not to get angry, but I dont sob my goddamn heart out over one day.:yep:
    I thought this thread might have been triggered from friends BF's etcs, don't worry meg - seriously life is weird like that, I've been avoiding relationships to focus on a big picture for a very long time and I've met someone quite recently who basically wouldn't take NO for an answer, I'm sure you will meet someone very soon who you will connect and click with, I'm hoping your not one of those girls who just stands there and waits for a guy to talk to you sometimes you just have to take what you want.

Craving for men isn't going to end up good trust me, you'll end up having a one night stand that you really really REGRET.
    If you are looking for chemistry, commitment and compatibility - then it will take time or if like someone pointed out earlier, if you are looking for a shag... then you are just horny and it's pretty easy to satisify your needs in that sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    You're too young! Not to be patronising but boys are not gods gift.
    This. Wait and stop 'needing a boyfriend to complete you'. It's sickening.

ReputationRep:

<3Meg.
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm...FUkB4wodliEE7g

??

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha! Good idea. XD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.