Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, long thread and i'm sure you all sick of this kind of thread now but still.

Right backstory -

I moved in with my housemates in second year, one of them was my friend and the other was just a girl from our course to make up the numbers. Anyway, it worked out really well and second year was amazing.
    I moved back for the beginning of third year a week later than the other two (I had to work), I come back and they'd played a practical joke, moving all my stuff from my room... they took everything out and hid it in the understairs cupboard. This was funny, i'll admit that. But throughout first semester, they kept taking things out of my room and hiding them around the house, the first couple of times they made an effort, leaving ransom notes etc... again I found this funny. Then it started getting annoying, and I told them that it wasn't funny anymore and yet they continued.
    3 weeks ago, I get in from uni and they'd taken my laptop cable (and hidden it), I was annoyed, i'd had a bad day and I really wanted to get on with some work, which I couldn't because my laptop was about to die and they'd hidden my cable and had gone out. So I sent them a text demanding that they told me where it was, it wasn't a nice text, lots of swearing.
    Anyway, an argument ensued and apparently, they've been taking my stuff because I patronise them. I probably do patronise them, but not in a horrible way, but its still childish to do something like stealing my stuff (from my room, when i'm not there).
    Shoot forward to now, and we havn't spoken for 3 weeks, and I found out today that neither of them are going to speak to me until they get an apology 'for my behaviour'.

So, heres my problem, do I apologise for something that i'm not sorry for. Or do I stand my ground, knowing that they were in the wrong and just stick out the 4 months left of uni not speaking to them?

ReputationRep:
    Forgive and forget! Do ensure you make many other friends though.

ReputationRep:
    Hide their stuff in a bonfire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Hide their stuff in a bonfire.
    You have no idea how much I want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh they're no better than you if that's how they react to your original behaviour. I'd be pointing out that you didn't realise and how could you unless someone pointed it out to you? So they should have told you about this ages ago instead of expecting their childish behaviour to solve everything.

ReputationRep:
    cheeky bints! they want you to apologies for putting up with their childishness for months before finally snapping? for not realising you were annoying them? because they didnt have the brains or decency to talk to you about this properly wayyy before now?

what they did was on purpose. I have no idea what you are meant to be apologising for. i like the bonfire idea

dont apologise to them, its understandable you doing what you did. tbh i would have given them a lot worse. stand your ground, you dont need to say sorry to them. ask for an apology of them for their childish behaviour

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.