Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    uh oh..... i was expecting to click on your profile and see hair that matches my hair in terms of size..

my hair's HUGE.
    i've never really thought about it (as being a problem, anyway) but i must admit i did get paranoid a couple of weeks when my hair was particularly big and curly and...... everybody stared in lectures

ohhh. shame.
    i convinced myself that it was cos they liked it tho, wahey for a huge ego
    op - love your hair personally

edit: my hair two weeks ago = left picture. lolz. http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...shakira400.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Always big hair. I really don't like the flat, poker-straight look.

Miss_Scarlett, your hair is gorgeous by the way. I'd love to have hair like that

ReputationRep:
    Flat straight hair looks greasy and sad

Big hair screams life and hygiene

I'm kind of lucky to have puffy, curly big hair because when I really straighten it, it's still thick
    People have been jealous and wanted to touch my hair up hahaha so no, fat hair is still seen great.

Edit: Miss_Scarlett, are you Megan Fox's twin!?!

ReputationRep:
    My hair is poker straight and i spend ages trying to get any sort of curl and volume in it. OP you are very very lucky to have such beautiful locks!

ReputationRep:
    Big hair always wins I reckon, although mine is rubbish and won't stay big for long, no matter how much I style it. It's naturally curly, but even then it's just lank and kind of hangs there. On a night out I backcomb it and have it quite big, although in order to have any chance of it staying that way it requires an awful lot of styling.I also like quite messy hair, but that's been slated in another thread..

OP your hair is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    My word you are gorgeous !!

ReputationRep:
    i think big hair is much better

ReputationRep:
    Wear your hair the way YOU like it and don't change it, because some people don't like it. There will always be someone who doesn't like your hair. You see quite a lot of people on here said they don't like flat/straight hair. You can't please everyone. If you want a different style do it, if you like the one you haven then don't. I t really should be a no- brainer ^^

ReputationRep:
    I like most big hair, especially the Brigitte Bardot type of look :cool:

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger and without a straightner...I ALWAYS wanted poker straight hair. I now have that poker straightness....but now want it big! haha Whenever I try it either looks messy or doesn't last.

Advice on hair products? I don't have a clue haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I know there is a thread on messy up do's, but this is about big hair in general.

My hair is big, and I mean big- because there is a lot of it and its long. I always thought voluminous hair was a good thing provided it was kept in good condition and not backcombed to death. HOWEVER, of late I have noticed in the fashion forum here, and in another thread where my big hair was somewhat criticized, that no one likes big hair any more?!

So what do we prefer...big hair or flattened polker straight hair?
    This depends on how your hair looks, can you provide us with a pic?

ReputationRep:
    Big hair is generally teh win xd. If it suits said person that is.

My hair is relatively thin and super-straight (so straight far too many people ask if I straighten it) which is rather annoying.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.