Turn on thread page Beta

Poll: Relationships watch

• View Poll Results: What kind of Relationship are you in?
    I am the partner in control
    10.00%
    I am the partner waiting and panting like an eager dog
    18.00%
    I am in a pretty equal relationship
    64.00%
    Other (if so state)
    8.00%

ReputationRep:
    just wondering what 'role' most people assume in a relationship :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As the male in our relationship, I do the cooking, cleaning, DIY, washing, shopping, etc. I do as I'm told and receive the silent treatment if I don't.

Modern male.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what he said^

ReputationRep:
    Pretty equal (:

ReputationRep:
    mostly equal

ReputationRep:
    ok did NOT need to see that picture

ReputationRep:
    the reacher :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Lubus is on the rim of being permabanned with that little addition.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in one but I'm pretty sure I'd be the less dominating one. To find a girl more laid back than me would be hard to imagine, I can imagine rolling over just to have an easy life...

ReputationRep:
    "I am the partner in control, now hoover the floor b*itch"

ReputationRep:
    I am dominating my hand.

ReputationRep:
    suprising how many are in an equal relationship!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say equal, but I know that if I'm honest with myself - I do tend to be in control.

I don't mean to be, but I'm not a pushover and I won't put up with rubbish from anyone which means I probably don't attract the more controlling types. I would quite like a bit of assertiveness in my next boyfriend though. :awesome:

(Well, in theory..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x In Love Again x)
    suprising how many are in an equal relationship!
    Either that or the partner of those voting 'equal' believe they're submissive in the relationship, but those voting believe it's equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waffles)
    Either that or the partner of those voting 'equal' believe they're submissive in the relationship, but those voting believe it's equal.
    truesay :yep:

do you think it matters if you're in an equal relationship or not?
    cos personally I don't and it makes you the couple that you are, but people often say that the 'eager dog' role means you're in a BAD relationship and should get out.

think thats true?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of liars on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x In Love Again x)
    truesay :yep:

do you think it matters if you're in an equal relationship or not?
    cos personally I don't and it makes you the couple that you are, but people often say that the 'eager dog' role means you're in a BAD relationship and should get out.

think thats true?
    No idea. But, if it's still like this in 10 years time, I won't be a happy bunny. I don't like having to do absolutely everything as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the eager dawwwg. I've always been in control in every other relationship, so it's a bit of a weird role reversal this time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    I'm the eager dawwwg. I've always been in control in every other relationship, so it's a bit of a weird role reversal this time!
    i think that's cute :rolleyes:

means you've found someone worth chasing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I voted other

We have a pretty equal relationship in most respects I think, but I'm the ''awkward one'' where as he's usually the one that keeps my awkwardness in check and he's usually in charge of things. It's my boyfriend's job to keep things going smoothly e.g. organising us so we're out of the house on time, or if we go somewhere he's in charge of booking it/sorting it out so I don't end up forgetting things.

But I usually get the final say :mmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.