Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i'm 6ft and a size (16/)18/20 depending on what fit i want from clothes
    my bmi says i'm obese
    but i'm happy with that
    i'd love to wear clothes skinny girls do, but i generally have large hips and a small waist. i'm very bottom heavy. like a very ripe pear i guess!
    i wondered if anyone else has any tips on the styles of clothes they wear with this sort of figure? and if they're happy with it or not?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same- 5'4 and a big size 12 (just come down from 14) on the bottom... I really like long, A-line skirts...

ReputationRep:
    Fat does not equal curvy. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    that's the thing
    i'm not fat
    at most i am chubby, and carry that extra weight on my bottom half.
    bit rude of you to be honest, i wasn't asking for your opinion of that, i wanted to hear from other people of that size. which you clearly aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno - I have clothes ranging from size 6 to size 12 and I'm sick of the uncertainty in how I can fit into clothing. I'd rather change my body than change what I wear, but that's just me.

(Original post by vintagechic89)
    that's the thing
    i'm not fat
    at most i am chubby, and carry that extra weight on my bottom half.
    bit rude of you to be honest, i wasn't asking for your opinion of that, i wanted to hear from other people of that size. which you clearly aren't.
    she just said what some of us were thinking :dontknow: it wasn't rude, you said you were curvy and with size 18/20, I would imagine you'd be really chubby or fat. But you say you're different, so that's that.

ReputationRep:
    so many shops are so poor at their sizing guidelines- i can be a 14/16 in new look, because i need clothes that fit over my hips properly, but i go to primark and i always have to pick up the 18s. i get size 20s when i want baggy t shirt dresses or lumberjack shirts to wear with leggings. i think it just leaves you feeling like you're bigger than you are, it's such a crap feeling when you can't fit into clothes you should be able to cos the sizing's off!
    you clearly aren't happy with your body then if you'd diet rather than buy a size larger? that seems a bit off

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm about a 10-12 depending on the shop.But I was wearing an 8 today so who knows.
    I just wear whatever I want; I wear a lot of dresses as the emphasise my small waist and big hips.
    I don't mind showing my legs off as they ae quite nice and since I'm quite small chested, but I make sure they aren't really short.

ReputationRep:
    that's what i mean.
    the moment i say i'm a size 18 it's assumed i'm fat
    i could be a size 14 in some stores.
    i am generally curvy, but not fat.
    i'm 6 foot, not a petite size 12 like most women seem to be.
    i just feel that it's something i want to hear about from other women. i've seen really overweight women buy size 16 clothes. where's the shame in buying clothes that fit and being proud of a curvy figure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintagechic89)
    you clearly aren't happy with your body then if you'd diet rather than buy a size larger? that seems a bit off
    You're right, I'm not happy. I want to tone up, especially my thighs and arms. If I don't feel comfortable in clothes I really like, then I'm going to have to change (and its not an unhealthy change, I'd still be healthy a stone lighter). I'll always want to fit in smaller clothes, me being over a size 12 is not healthy.

ReputationRep:
    *deluded

ReputationRep:
    chubby girls are hot! but you gotta think about the health implications tho if your BMI says your overweight you should watch your weight (not necessarily loose any but don't put anymore on because it can strain your heart)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, feeling healthy is generally the root to being happy. if you're sat around eating rubbish all day, you're not going to feel good about yourself as you'll just constantly know what's going on inside you.
    a stone is a lot to lose, but if you're still generally a healthy weight then that's good.

ReputationRep:
    i originally used to be 2 stone lighter, but was still a size 14/16 because of my height and needing clothes long enough, i was at a healthy weight then according to my bmi and i know the reason why i did put weight on in such a short time. the mix of an unplanned gap year, worrying about getting into art school and working too much had a bad affect on my diet. things are back to normal now and my weight is slowly going down, pound by pound, but i will still be curvy... if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Ah..
    I used to be an 8-10..
    recently its gone up to 10-12.. I blame the stresses of life, but there's nothing worse than clothes making you look bad...
    I tend to go for looser jeans if I'm wearing a top.. or if I wear a dress, I choose to wear it with skinny jeans.. My legs are hideous.. lol

ReputationRep:
    im a size 10, im fine with how I look but i know id be even happier if i lost weight

ReputationRep:
    no Adonis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    *deluded
    yeah hang on. let me just go get my hotpants and bikini top on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    Ah..
    I used to be an 8-10..
    recently its gone up to 10-12.. I blame the stresses of life, but there's nothing worse than clothes making you look bad...
    I tend to go for looser jeans if I'm wearing a top.. or if I wear a dress, I choose to wear it with skinny jeans.. My legs are hideous.. lol
    but i bet they aren't! you're still a size 12, and that's a great size to be. please don't buy baggy trousers because you think that's all that will suit you!
    i think you probably think they make you look bad because of the extra worry of putting on weight, but i'm sure they don't!

(Original post by Diaz89)
    no Adonis?
    haha, my thoughts exactly. But this is in the fashion&beauty section instead of fitness/hr, so that may be the reason :p:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.