Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

curvy and happy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    I'm the same- 5'4 and a big size 12 (just come down from 14) on the bottom... I really like long, A-line skirts...
    You sound just like my type (:

sorry. Just had to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Fat does not equal curvy. Sorry.
    Small waist, big hips = curvy, whether fat or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintagechic89)
    i think i'm just going to leave it at that to be honest
    too many people have felt their opinion on my weight to be of importance, when i just wanted to hear from other girls with the same sort of figures
    sorry not every woman is made the same
    and that girls don't like sticking up for one another
    i don't get how people can so easily insult one another? gives the majority of you something to do on your lonely friday nights in i guess!
    most people are born the same though.

wtf does girls sticking up for each other have anything to do with this? you want people to lie to you and say you're not fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    Small waist, big hips = curvy, whether fat or not.
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    exactly.
    Small waist, big hips = curvy =/= fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    most people are born the same though.

wtf does girls sticking up for each other have anything to do with this? you want people to lie to you and say you're not fat?
    Thats unfair. All she was asking is for a bit of advice and people decide to **** her off?...

ReputationRep:
    so i'm 6ft and a size (16/)18/20 depending on what fit i want from clothes
    my bmi says i'm obese
    but i'm happy with that
    i'd love to wear clothes skinny girls do, but i generally have large hips and a small waist. i'm very bottom heavy. like a very ripe pear i guess!
    i wondered if anyone else has any tips on the styles of clothes they wear with this sort of figure? and if they're happy with it or not?
    same here! im 6ft and size 16, and i dont think it looks disproportionate - like if i was shorter my clothes size would be smaller, 16 is just the size i need for length etc.
    and good on you for being happy in your skin, my biggest hang up is not being able to wear heels tulip skirts (i think thats what theyre called...?) i find are really flattering, and if uve got a small waist fitted tops or waist belts are great :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Fat does not equal curvy. Sorry.
    :rofl2: Very true.

Size 20 is fat or the curves are extreme. Like a racetrack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    Small waist, big hips = curvy =/= fat
    you're a bloke
    why are you on a fashion and beauty forum?
    it's people like you that aren't needed here.
    and what the hell does =/= mean?
    i'm sure you have the physique of a greek god :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    :rofl2: Very true.

Size 20 is fat or the curves are extreme. Like a racetrack.
    sometimes girls want something a bit baggier
    say a baggy t shirt that they can wear as a dress
    or a shirt that they can wear over tight trousers
    i never said i was a size 20
    do you read threads before posting stupid answers? clearly not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    Thats unfair. All she was asking is for a bit of advice and people decide to **** her off?...
    thank you
    i thought most of the people replying were blokes, but they're not. like what's the point lol

ReputationRep:
    Its always the bigger girls who are happier with their figures isnt it. Most of my girlfriends arent large - they range from a size 6-12. But their list of complaints is endless. However, the girls I know who are size 16+ dont utter a word about their bodies or clothes. They just seem a little happier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    same here! im 6ft and size 16, and i dont think it looks disproportionate - like if i was shorter my clothes size would be smaller, 16 is just the size i need for length etc.
    and good on you for being happy in your skin, my biggest hang up is not being able to wear heels tulip skirts (i think thats what theyre called...?) i find are really flattering, and if uve got a small waist fitted tops or waist belts are great :yep:
    yeah i feel like a ****** in heels! i hate it when you put an outfit on and you're like do i look like an idiot and risk them or just put flats on lol
    yeah thats what i tend to wear, i really like high waisted shorts with stripy tops and vintage blazers at the moment
    anything that fits at the waist, though i normally find high waisted skirts come up too short on me! i really want a nice tailored pair of peg trousers, they're high on the waist but become narrower down towards the legs, you can roll them up and wear loafers or brogues with them. lovelyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Its always the bigger girls who are happier with their figures isnt it. Most of my girlfriends arent large - they range from a size 6-12. But their list of complaints is endless. However, the girls I know who are size 16+ dont utter a word about their bodies or clothes. They just seem a little happier.
    i think because we're fed up of our skinnier friends constantly moaning and we know how bloody annoying it gets haha

ReputationRep:
    you're a bloke
    why are you on a fashion and beauty forum?
    it's people like you that aren't needed here.
    and what the hell does =/= mean?
    i'm sure you have the physique of a greek god :yep:
    I think he's trying to defend you...I thought =/= means 'does not equal.' So he's saying small waist and big hips equal curvy, not fat

ReputationRep:
    sometimes girls want something a bit baggier
    say a baggy t shirt that they can wear as a dress
    or a shirt that they can wear over tight trousers
    i never said i was a size 20
    do you read threads before posting stupid answers? clearly not
    Yea, that makes total sense.
    I'm technically a size 6 for jeans, tops and skirts (but not dresses, size 6 dresses often seem ridiculously small, like I can't even get them past my hips/shoulders to put them on! Who can? I'm pretty small and don't carry any extra weight but my bones physically aren't small enough. o.O).
    I wear quite a lot of size 10 clothes for slight baggyness around the house and stuff though. I'm wearing a size 10 T-shirt right now and it doesn't even look that big on me.

My mother is a size 16 but has some clothes that are 18/20 too. She is slightly over-weight but not massively, you would definitely not think she was obese or anything looking at her. She dresses sensibly for her shape so she never looks bad. But then she also dresses sensibly for her age, so the kind of simple jumpers and skirts with a beautiful but toned down Indian shawl outfit she likes wouldn't look good on someone young who was the same size I think - too mature.

Edit: I'm only 5 foot, so I'm in the realms of healthy not underweight. I'm just petite.

ReputationRep:
    i think because we're fed up of our skinnier friends constantly moaning and we know how bloody annoying it gets haha
    Most probably. Anyway, back to your actual question:

If you have a good waist, invest in belts and waist-cinchers to wear over your tops/dresses to show it off and give you more shape.
    Wear V-necks and plunging necklines. Combined with a belt, that could look quite saucy.
    You say you're bottom-heavy. In that case, I'd always suggest wearing darker colours on the bottom. Brighter colours just seem to make the bigger areas seem, well, bigger haha.
    Pencil skirts are quite flattering and good for shaping your bottom half.
    Also, long floaty tops look feminine and great for skimming your hips and bum.

ReputationRep:
    Great, another one of these threads.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i feel like a ****** in heels! i hate it when you put an outfit on and you're like do i look like an idiot and risk them or just put flats on lol
    yeah thats what i tend to wear, i really like high waisted shorts with stripy tops and vintage blazers at the moment
    anything that fits at the waist, though i normally find high waisted skirts come up too short on me! i really want a nice tailored pair of peg trousers, they're high on the waist but become narrower down towards the legs, you can roll them up and wear loafers or brogues with them. lovelyyy

yeh, some outfits just need heels!! i live in flats tho, just cant pull off the extra height the only thing i have found good about being tall is finding ur friends in a crowded room, other than that...
    and Next jeans are a life saverrr, i actually own jeans that are too long, imagine that!? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    that's the thing
    i'm not fat
    at most i am chubby, and carry that extra weight on my bottom half.
    bit rude of you to be honest, i wasn't asking for your opinion of that, i wanted to hear from other people of that size. which you clearly aren't.
    Chances are if you are a size 16 and obese that you might just be fat.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.