Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vintagechic89)
    and yeah i'm from bishops stortford.
    Me too! :cool:

I wouldn't get too worked up by the comments on here, its always the same on the fat vs curvy debates. Basically most of the boys think size 12 or above is fat, and most of the girls are aiming to be a size 6. Its quite sad, but I think its an attitude that changes as people get older and become a bit more mature.

Being curvy's great anyway. I'm 5'8 and a size 12 - I've got big boobs, hips and thighs, and a tiny waist. I'd hate to be a size 6 or 8, I was a size 8 a few years ago and I just looked underweight and lost all my curves.

Also I think people are ignoring the differences between heights. A size 18 at 5 foot would be very overweight, but at 6 foot its a lot slimmer in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't actually mentioned my weight this entire time
    i've talked about my body shape and figure and my bmi but not my weight
    how am i taking the piss?
    you don't know me
    you don't know what i look like
    and clearly someone's really pissed you off today and you've decided to vent somewhere else. all of your posts on tsr are moaning about things.
    read things thoroughly before you attempt to make a judgement on them.
    Well what is your weight then?
    I personally think obesity is not something to be proud of & that people who try to say it's okay are just weak and almost always obese themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    good for you for trying to look on the brightside of being obese
    bless you
    bright side is two words
    and i love a guy into his fashion and beauty
    what style dresses do you wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Well what is your weight then?
    I personally think obesity is not something to be proud of & that people who try to say it's okay are just weak and almost always obese themselves.
    i'm sorry? who are you to me? and what makes you think your opinion counts?

ReputationRep:
    you're a bloke
    why are you on a fashion and beauty forum?
    it's people like you that aren't needed here.
    and what the hell does =/= mean?
    i'm sure you have the physique of a greek god :yep:
    I saw this thread on the home page and it looked interesting.

Why are you so sexist? Can't blokes look after themselves? No need to be mean

=/= means not equal, same as !=

My physique is 'healthy' but I'm in the process of bulking up and then cutting down. Want to look like CK models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    Me too! :cool:

I wouldn't get too worked up by the comments on here, its always the same on the fat vs curvy debates. Basically most of the boys think size 12 or above is fat, and most of the girls are aiming to be a size 6. Its quite sad, but I think its an attitude that changes as people get older and become a bit more mature.

Being curvy's great anyway. I'm 5'8 and a size 12 - I've got big boobs, hips and thighs, and a tiny waist. I'd hate to be a size 6 or 8, I was a size 8 a few years ago and I just looked underweight and lost all my curves.

Also I think people are ignoring the differences between heights. A size 18 at 5 foot would be very overweight, but at 6 foot its a lot slimmer in comparison.
    that's exactly it! i thought because this is a student website that more people might make slightly more educated answers! i've noticed too that the ones throwing the insults have very nice avaters and that, not like they have something to hide though eh?
    whereabouts are you from? it's dead nice here isn't it :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    I saw this thread on the home page and it looked interesting.

Why are you so sexist? Can't blokes look after themselves? No need to be mean

=/= means not equal, same as !=

My physique is 'healthy' but I'm in the process of bulking up and then cutting down. Want to look like CK models.
    yeah i am sorry about that
    i'd had so many people throwing insults about, mainly blokes, and just assumed you were another one as the whole =/= thing didn't make sense to me, just thought it was another mickey take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lethal786)
    to be honest you are not curvy, because size seems big, however if your happy why would you want to change or be unhappy that some clothes dont fit you i think there isnt much of a fashion out there for that size. anyhow i would say maybe diet more lose that hip excercise and then you maybe more happy. i know few of my friends who are that size and to be honest they were tight skinny clothes and it looks horrible i.e. wtf u doing

You clearly have absolutely no idea about dress sizes. Sure a size 16 would be pretty huge if you were say, 5'3" but she's 6 foot for ***** sake. A size 16 for a girl that is 6ft is not that big. Potentially a little chubby, but not really fat to be honest. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i am sorry about that
    i'd had so many people throwing insults about, mainly blokes, and just assumed you were another one as the whole =/= thing didn't make sense to me, just thought it was another mickey take.
    I don't think the insults are at YOU. I think it's just that people are so tired of the word ''curvy'' being used all the time and people have different definitions of the word.

And it's true most people view size 12+ as ''fat/big'' whatever so if someone uses the wordy ''curvy'' to describe themselves then it's like wtf?

But seen as you don't consider yourself as fat then what have you got to worry about? You're happy like you said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    You clearly have absolutely no idea about dress sizes. Sure a size 16 would be pretty huge if you were say, 5'3" but she's 6 foot for ***** sake. A size 16 for a girl that is 6ft is not that big. Potentially a little chubby, but not really fat to be honest. Idiot.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry? who are you to me? and what makes you think your opinion counts?
    I'm a bloke, and either way I'm not alone in what I'm saying.
    So yeah, weight or not happy with it? Which then just backs my point you aren't happy with being overweight/your size/figure or whatever you want to call it...
    What you aren't saying tells me more about you then what you are saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    lol
    You can still be chubby and curvy but not fat. I'm someone that personally disagrees with the whole, fat people calling themselves curvy. But dress size is hugely dependent on height and people just classing anyone over a size 10/12 as fat are just stupid. For me personally, even being over a size 8 would not be ideal, but for those that are a lot taller than me, a size 16 is not that bad.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My mate who is almost 6ft and has a beer belly fits fine into a size 12 (fancy dress).
    Size 16 is big. Don't try to sugar coat it or OP will eat that to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    My mate who is almost 6ft and has a beer belly fits fine into a size 12 (fancy dress).
    Size 16 is big. Don't try to sugar coat it or OP will eat that to.
    What, your 6ft guy friend? Have you ever even been with a woman? Because I seriously doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fatty McFat, I would eat pure fat if I could ummmmm fat. I am a size 18 I can still walk, slowly, so I haven't reached my goal yet which is to be so fat I can't stand with out braking my ankles and have to be wheeled round by some chinese hot nurses wearing tweed.

ReputationRep:
    What, your 6ft guy friend? Have you ever even been with a woman? Because I seriously doubt it.
    Yes I have, and yes, it was a guy in a dress because of the theme for fancy dress. I wasn't there, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I'm guessing you are being juvenile because this is hitting close to home?
    Either way, size 16 = fat.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE MIRANDA KERR. what size is she?

ReputationRep:
    One of my most attractive friends is larger than is apparently fashionable, IDGAF, she's hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Yes I have, and yes, it was a guy in a dress because of the theme for fancy dress. I wasn't there, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I'm guessing you are being juvenile because this is hitting close to home?
    Either way, size 16 = fat.
    Then you should know that men have different bodies to women, or at least I'm hoping you've managed to gather this.

And obviously, it's hitting so close to home considering I've never gone over a size 8 in my life :dry:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.