Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever made a mixtape for someone you like? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, have you?

ReputationRep:
    No, I've made an itunes playlist though, I guess it's the same thing

I'd like to make a proper one though, I reckon it's a nice idea.

ReputationRep:
    only for me...

Only on itunes

ReputationRep:
    No, but I've made a CD for my mum. Not really the same, is it?

I really, really want someone to make me one though. That was my idea of what true love would like when I was thirteen. :love:

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I made a mix tape for a girl who rejected me. I had totally forgotten about it, but we're still friends and she reminded me the other week, kinda embarrassing. Apparently it was alternate songs of "I like you, let's be friends" and "You're such a *****, you let me down" songs. Fun times

Occasionally for past girlfriends I've made a mixtape if they want to know what kind of music I listen to. Never impulsively though, only if they asked.

ReputationRep:
    I have because I love myself so much :love:

But I don't mean to generalize here (I know you pretentious *******s hate that) but I think many people now use mp3 computer files or even CDs in some cases but not really tapes any more. The noughties are over people.

ReputationRep:
    I have my ex-missus used to have a bit of a narrow taste in music and she wanted to know why I liked so many random and older things, so it was full of stuff like Tom Waits and Grace Slick & The Great Society...romantic :love: It actually was quite nice, I got one back too!

ReputationRep:
    It's like something you'd see on the OC or one tree hill.

I don't think it's really suitable, I wouldn't do it because I don't think it's worth the effort. If I knew they liked the music chances are they have it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... well a guy gave me a list of songs to listen to because apparently my music taste is poor as. Apart from that, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Erm... well a guy gave me a list of songs to listen to because apparently my music taste is poor as. Apart from that, no.
    haha that is more the type of thing i'd do.

Really though I stay out of music conversations because in general I'm a bit of an oddball. I like heavy music, but don't get on with most other people who like that type. People are always suprised at the music I listen to because of my interests and dress style.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 11 songs on guitar for my ex-girlfriend. I feel bad for not giving her the CD before we broke up, rather than trying to finish the 12th and final song. Hey-ho.

ReputationRep:
    I made one for a guy-friend once. And I also made one for my ex, but I never gave it to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    No, but I've made a CD for my mum. Not really the same, is it?

I really, really want someone to make me one though. That was my idea of what true love would like when I was thirteen. :love:
    If you're pretty, I'll make you one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    If you're pretty, I'll make you one.
    In that case, I'm pretty. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    NO thats lame and so american

(Original post by Baltimoron)
    Well, have you?
    why the hell someone would do that... so so lame...
    giving someone music that you think they'll like, surely they'd have that music already
    and the possibility that they wont like it and say that sarcastic/awkward "wow this is great" when inside they're dying to tell you you're a stupid peice of ****

ReputationRep:
    I try and ram Thin Lizzy down peoples throats, that's about it though. No mixtape.

ReputationRep:
    Read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. That's all about a man making mixtapes for girls.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, but you've given me a good idea so ta :]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.