Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever made a mixtape for someone you like? watch

ReputationRep:
    For Valentines Day, I'm making my boyfriend a "mix tape" well that's what I'm going to write on it, it's really going to be an album he really wants

ReputationRep:
    Sent Hula129 a mix tape awhile ago because, well, her music sucked :P

ReputationRep:
    I make them all the time, doesn't matter whether I romantically like the person or not. So, yes, yes I have.

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't - why should I do that? It's lame.

ReputationRep:
    I just e-mail them a generic 'Love song' Spotify playlist from Sharemyplaylists.

Does the trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    only for me...
    lmao

Just for my mom I think.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even realise it was a 'thing'. Clearly I don't watch enough teen drama.

ReputationRep:
    I made a mix CD for one of my boyfriends for Valentines day once! It had songs on it which reminded me of us. The thing is though, I don't know that people actually listen to them when you make them! I was watching 'Bring it on' the other day cause I saw it on Film 4 or something and the guy there makes the lead girl a mix tape but it was a song he had written and composed himself, that would be much sweeter than a normal boring mixtape!

ReputationRep:
    If i wanted to show a girl that i had very little grip on reality and thought that i lived in a cheesy american sitcom then i would make a mixtape.

ReputationRep:
    For my old flame, Chandler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    If i wanted to show a girl that i had very little grip on reality and thought that i lived in a cheesy american sitcom then i would make a mixtape.
    Mixtape doesnt need to be an american style 'songs that remind me of you' type CD.

The mix tapes I've made for people have all been a collection of the best songs from bands they hadnt heard before that I thought they may like.

It's the equilivant of saying to my gf "hey, wanna come watch xxx band with me this afternoon at the other stage?" whilst at a mmusic festival. Hardly a lack of grip on reality or similarity to american sitcom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Mixtape doesnt need to be an american style 'songs that remind me of you' type CD.

The mix tapes I've made for people have all been a collection of the best songs from bands they hadnt heard before that I thought they may like.

It's the equilivant of saying to my gf "hey, wanna come watch xxx band with me this afternoon at the other stage?" whilst at a mmusic festival. Hardly a lack of grip on reality or similarity to american sitcom.
    This! I have made mixtapes for people before. Its a good way of introducing people to bands that more people should know about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

Nah. The OP was asking about making a mixtape for someone you "like". Not just a friend. making mixtapes for friends is fine (although slightly pointless, i usually just send some youtube links over MSN).

And romantic mixtapes never work in Britain. Check out the inbetweeners...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Nah. The OP was asking about making a mixtape for someone you "like". Not just a friend. making mixtapes for friends is fine (although slightly pointless, i usually just send some youtube links over MSN).

And romantic mixtapes never work in Britain. Check out the inbetweeners...
    I have made mixtapes for people that I "like", but not with romantic songs, just awesome bands I thought they should listen to. To be fair that was years ago, before cd burners and msn, and now I would just tell people to google bands/send links :p:

ReputationRep:
    ur whats a tape?

I was once given a mix tape by a guy who I'd been dating (not even going out with), for like 3 weeks, and it freaked me out so much that I broke up with him shortly after...

He was coming on far too strong, and some of the songs he chose made me feel uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I made one for my current boyfriend. It was a playlist of the songs he listens too most

ReputationRep:
    Is he disabled, cant he make his own mixtape??????????

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I was once given a mix tape by a guy who I'd been dating (not even going out with), for like 3 weeks, and it freaked me out so much that I broke up with him shortly after...

He was coming on far too strong, and some of the songs he chose made me feel uncomfortable.

I agree its weird & lame,

ReputationRep:
    That girl in your sig is horrible.

Aww I miss mixtapes now, me and my ex girlfriend used to make each other cds, ahh memories.

ReputationRep:
    I've not but im planning on doing it :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.