The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For Valentines Day, I'm making my boyfriend a "mix tape" well that's what I'm going to write on it, it's really going to be an album he really wants :smile:
Reply 21
Sent Hula129 a mix tape awhile ago because, well, her music sucked :P
I make them all the time, doesn't matter whether I romantically like the person or not. So, yes, yes I have.
No, I haven't - why should I do that? It's lame.
I just e-mail them a generic 'Love song' Spotify playlist from Sharemyplaylists.

Does the trick.
Sabertooth
only for me...

lmao

Just for my mom I think.
I didn't even realise it was a 'thing'. Clearly I don't watch enough teen drama.
Reply 27
I made a mix CD for one of my boyfriends for Valentines day once! It had songs on it which reminded me of us. The thing is though, I don't know that people actually listen to them when you make them! I was watching 'Bring it on' the other day cause I saw it on Film 4 or something and the guy there makes the lead girl a mix tape but it was a song he had written and composed himself, that would be much sweeter than a normal boring mixtape!
If i wanted to show a girl that i had very little grip on reality and thought that i lived in a cheesy american sitcom then i would make a mixtape.
Reply 29
For my old flame, Chandler.
Reply 30
Bslforever
If i wanted to show a girl that i had very little grip on reality and thought that i lived in a cheesy american sitcom then i would make a mixtape.

Mixtape doesnt need to be an american style 'songs that remind me of you' type CD.

The mix tapes I've made for people have all been a collection of the best songs from bands they hadnt heard before that I thought they may like.

It's the equilivant of saying to my gf "hey, wanna come watch xxx band with me this afternoon at the other stage?" whilst at a mmusic festival. Hardly a lack of grip on reality or similarity to american sitcom.
Reue
Mixtape doesnt need to be an american style 'songs that remind me of you' type CD.

The mix tapes I've made for people have all been a collection of the best songs from bands they hadnt heard before that I thought they may like.

It's the equilivant of saying to my gf "hey, wanna come watch xxx band with me this afternoon at the other stage?" whilst at a mmusic festival. Hardly a lack of grip on reality or similarity to american sitcom.

This! I have made mixtapes for people before. Its a good way of introducing people to bands that more people should know about.
Reue

Nah. The OP was asking about making a mixtape for someone you "like". Not just a friend. making mixtapes for friends is fine (although slightly pointless, i usually just send some youtube links over MSN).

And romantic mixtapes never work in Britain. Check out the inbetweeners...
Bslforever
Nah. The OP was asking about making a mixtape for someone you "like". Not just a friend. making mixtapes for friends is fine (although slightly pointless, i usually just send some youtube links over MSN).

And romantic mixtapes never work in Britain. Check out the inbetweeners...

I have made mixtapes for people that I "like", but not with romantic songs, just awesome bands I thought they should listen to. To be fair that was years ago, before cd burners and msn, and now I would just tell people to google bands/send links :p:
ur whats a tape? :biggrin:
I was once given a mix tape by a guy who I'd been dating (not even going out with), for like 3 weeks, and it freaked me out so much that I broke up with him shortly after... :s-smilie:

He was coming on far too strong, and some of the songs he chose made me feel uncomfortable.
I made one for my current boyfriend. It was a playlist of the songs he listens too most :smile:
Reply 37
Is he disabled, cant he make his own mixtape??????????

Anonymous
I was once given a mix tape by a guy who I'd been dating (not even going out with), for like 3 weeks, and it freaked me out so much that I broke up with him shortly after... :s-smilie:

He was coming on far too strong, and some of the songs he chose made me feel uncomfortable.

I agree its weird & lame,
That girl in your sig is horrible.

Aww I miss mixtapes now, me and my ex girlfriend used to make each other cds, ahh memories.
Reply 39
I've not but im planning on doing it :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending