Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a pre-ib student who lives in Sweden and at the moment I am deciding my IB subjects for next year and I don't know whether to do Swedish B or A2. I would say i am 'half-fluent' at swedish; i understand pretty much everything and i can write well but it takes me aaaaaaaages and i find it quite hard to talk. I would be doing the subject SL and i am pretty sure that I would get a 6 or a 7 if i did Swedish B, but i dont think i would enjoy it at all or learn much... However, i don't know if i am good enough for Swedish A2 and I probably would end up getting a worse grade. I would really like to do A2 as i would learn a lot and it would be really useful if i decided to apply for a swedish university but there is a pretty big risk that i wouldn't get such a good grade... Does anyone know how much harder language A2 is than language B??
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is quite a bit harder and the level of language expected is a lot higher. However, I'm sure you could get the grades if you really want to...I think it just depends on how useful you think it would be to know sweedish fluently. If you like the country and hope to retunr one day, then yeah, do sweedish and get a bilingual diploma

ReputationRep:
    I take Swedish A1 SL, and English A2 SL

English A2 is quite easy, but that's just cuz I'm fluent at english. But it definately isn't much easier than my A1 language. They're pretty much the same course, however A1 expects more from you. I almost regret taking swedish A1. I'm much better at english than I am at swedish

If you want to apply to a Swedish university tho, maybe you should consider taking swe A2? I mean... it's not THAT hard and I think it would look better on your application Swedish B is SO EASY, it's ridiculous.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.