The Student Room Group

Suspended eBay Account - Any Advice?

Hi, I just want to keep this as sort as possible to get through it quickly and not to boar you.

Once upon a time in 2009, I owned an ebay account that had 1000+ 100% positive feedback, that I've owned since 2006. In October of 2009 I purchased a good 15-20 items. I waited for my check to be payed into my account before going ahead and purchasing the items, which took around 3 days.

On the forth day, I logged into my ebay account to hit pay, I get redirected to paypal for which it says that my account is limited and needs verification to restore my account. So I said... O.K.

Now, after 2 weeks of fighting it out with paypal, they still where not restoring my paypal account, in the mean time, people had opened up item disputes against me and two of the past through because the auctions clearly stated payment within 7 days. At the start of 2009, I already had 1 item strike from 10 months back, which added on to the final strike, given me 3 strikes which suspended my account.

Now here's where it got sticky. When a buyer is suspended, the sellers had the right to open a dispute, and close it the moment it was opened. So I had no way of contacting the ebayers, what so EVER! Seen as my account was suspended, I couldn't even go into my account area to see my wining listings or anything. I even tried going into my email to reply from there but that was no luck as it also redirected to ebay.

So I was screwed, I contact ebay over and over again and explained in detail of the situation, but they couldn't be bothered to actually reply to me so they sent me automated replies telling me to contact the sellers via the resolution centre. I explained to ebay 100 times over that they sellers where closing the disputes the moment they opened them due to my account being suspended.

After a whole week of battling it out with ebay, I got so peed of I gave up on it all. I swor I would never use ebay again for the way they treated someone that's been loyal to them for so many years. Well, right now that's not going so well and I really need my account back.

Is there ANYONE here that knows a way to restoring my account? There really must be a way.
Regards.
Make a new account?
Mrvn
Hi, I just want to keep this as sort as possible to get through it quickly and not to boar you.

Why was your PayPal account limited in the first place? Knowing might help us to give you more specific advice.

Also, have you been calling PayPal (08707 307 191), or just using email? I'd suggest calling them and asking to speak to a supervisor if you get nowhere, as they're more likely (though unfortunately by no means guaranteed) to be able to help you effectively.

eBay have an online "Live Chat" help facility (here), so if you're getting nowhere with emails (and from bitter personal experience, I know just how bad they can be with automated messages), trying that could be worth a shot. :dontknow:
Reply 3
Thanks illusion,

My paypal was limited becuase I never used it for more then 6 months, there was also extra verification needed becuase I signed into my paypal account when I was abroad in september.

The verification steps took for ever. I was always on the phone with them everyday, I had to send faxs/photocopies of drivers license and a neverending list of other demands that took ages for them to "O.K."

So yeah, paypal is no use to be now, seen as its my ebay account thats suspended. Live chat is also no help regarding this matter becuase they just tell you to email the trust and safty dept. And that dept is the worst of all becuase even though the first line I send them is "PLEASE READ THIS CARFULLY AND DO NOT REPLY AUTOMATED" and the next thing they do is... well you gussed it.

Help me! :frown:
Reply 4
thunder_chunky
Make a new account?

Yes. 0 feedback. I just wanted to user my powerseller account that I gained over the years. I set up an account a few weeks ago, and listed an item. It solf for 1/5 of the actual ebay value price due to having such low feedback.

So new account is not an option, I just really want my old one back.
Mrvn
Thanks illusion,

My paypal was limited becuase I never used it for more then 6 months, there was also extra verification needed becuase I signed into my paypal account when I was abroad in september.

The verification steps took for ever. I was always on the phone with them everyday, I had to send faxs/photocopies of drivers license and a neverending list of other demands that took ages for them to "O.K."

So yeah, paypal is no use to be now, seen as its my ebay account thats suspended. Live chat is also no help regarding this matter becuase they just tell you to email the trust and safty dept. And that dept is the worst of all becuase even though the first line I send them is "PLEASE READ THIS CARFULLY AND DO NOT REPLY AUTOMATED" and the next thing they do is... well you gussed it.

Help me! :frown:

I've been there too. Trying to get a decent answer out of PayPal or eBay is infuriating; I really don't understand why they send automated replies when you specifically ask them not to, but they did the same with me so I can easily believe you.

Unfortunately I didn't get anywhere with resoving my problem through eBay myself (as a buyer), though in my case I was able to reclaim money for undelivered goods from my credit card provider.

Given that you don't appear to have suffered any direct financial loss here, I don't think that there's any sort of 'watchdog' to request help from. However, from the correspondence that I had with trading Standards last year, I have a contact telephone number (020 8605 3000) and fax (020 8605 3001) for eBay so you could try those, at least (assuming that they're still current)...
Reply 6
So I take it that account is doomed eh? Damn. What a waste of years sucking off buyers and putting up with there rude attitudes just not to get neg feedback. Thats what hurts.
Reply 7
And this is exactly why I never use Ebay or Paypal.

Latest

Trending

Trending